R3E Web Dashboard Released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Does it work on iOS devices? I'm getting an error "please enter a valid IP address and Port" on my iPhone, and no option to enter an IP or Port. Thanks.

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I did not actually test in on an iPhone myself, but it works through the emulator I am using. Your main page on the iphone should look like the image below. If you click on the "Your IP Addess" and "Port" text, you should be able to enter them.

What you see then?

Today I am releasing the next version with many fixes.

iphone.PNG

3. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    What I am seeing is the Text "R3E Web Dashboard" and "Launch Dashboard" the other parts "Your IP Address" and "Port" are missing on my screen. When I press Launch Dashboard, I get the please enter your IP and Port message.

4. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    What browser are you using? Did you try chrome? In general I mainly develop and test in chrome.

5. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Turns out I am using an old retired iPhone as my telemetry screen and the OS needs an update. Works just fine in the chrome browser on my new iPhone 6. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Software has been updated to v1.4. Make sure you uninstall all previous versions pls.

Cheers

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Just a wonderful app. Makes the experience so much better. Thanks Stefan!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    First graph plotted against data of one of my race sessions. You can move your mouse along the graph and the data for that time is shown all in line together. Will try to push this widget online as soon as I'm happy with its testing.

chart.PNG

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  9. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Awesome work Stefan. Tyre colors are working now.
    But "Best lap" in the dashboard and the session data are a little bit lower (faster) than the actual best lap. This seems to be the same with the current lap time. I had this issue only in race. The times in qualification seem to be ok, but i had only 1 race so far

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have some bugs in the grid which I noticed today and fixed. Will upload the fix when I deploy the new graph.

Thanks for your feedback ;)

11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.4.1.0 has been released which features the new Graph and some fixes........and some new news....

I realized that many do not have a second monitor and a mobile/tablet to view the dashboard......so a new app is coming so that you can view it in-game ;) Second picture below is just the prototype....it will be leaner and hopefully usable....

chart.PNG

wd.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  12. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    This overlay is awesome :)
    Are the times in the session data correct now? Today they seem to match the ingame data.

13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thanks :) I made a fix related to the session data but didn't have time to test it throughly. Let me know if you find something wrong.

14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  15. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Amazing job guys!

16. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I would not want to duplicate your work mate, people can use your app to compare laps etc and you've already done an amazing job there ;) It does not look like a 1 day job :p

I'm currently writing an extra app which will be an overlay to the game for those who do not have extra monitors/devices.

• Like Like x 3
  17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think for this purpose it would be useful to have a dashboard that only displays things that aren't already displayed in the ingame HUD:
    • Tire temperatures (inner/middle/outer)
    • Tire pressures
    • Brake temperatures
    • Oil temperature
    • Oil pressure
    • Water temperature
    I think everything else is already visible ingame.

Regarding the tire temperature graphs dashboard, it's a bit hard to see differences in temperatures between the tires since the minimum and the maximum values on the vertical axis are fixed to 0°C and 130°C. It would probably be easier if you took the global minimums and maximums of all four temperature curves and dynamically set the minimum and the maximum values of the vertical axis accordingly. So if your tire temperatures range between 75°C and 90°C, the vertical axis would go from 70°C to 95°C.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Actually, the way I'm trying to build it is for the user to choose whatever he wants displayed on screen. You'll have a builder screen, choose whatever you want to see, move it around to place it and save the custom widget. Then you'll have a list of your custom widgets and load which ones you want ingame. Of course I'm still experimenting with this and nothing is done yet.

As for the values, they already are taking the min and max values...the reason it is showing like that is because I put the lap numbers too so that one can see the data against the lap no as well.....

You know that you can click on the graph and all the values are displayed for that point right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    For the lap comparison, it would not be required to show the track, but a simple "lamp" that changes color if you have lost time or won time in the last say 0.5 seconds. the color of the lamp would fade out over time a bit. I can help you with the math involved to pull this off. All we need is the recorded positions + time of your best "valid" lap.
    And we can also print the current time difference to that best lap. This would basically replce the "sector times" and give you real-time feedback on any position of the track.

similar "lamp" could be done for the pressure/temperatures, instead of showing absolutes, show "rate of change".

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    It's a nice great idea and surely can be done after I finish what I have in mind. My only concern about this is how much load it puts on the cpu and ram for the client pc as I'd need to store all these in memory and do the calculations with the split second I stream the data on web. This might also slow down a bit the real live data stream. We we can surely experiment with it and see if it has any impact at all.

Thanks! :)