English TouringProSeries: TCOne 2015 Championship

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Ryan Callan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'd done plenty of practice at Zandvoort to make sure I could drag the Chevy around, I'd also practiced some defensive lines, being the only Chevy, I thought this is gonna be tough and it was. I worked hard for my points. This is more of a Honda championship tbh, and I felt like I'd gone to school thinking it was non-uniform day. I would have limited car selection to help the look of the Championship at least. That said the racing was great and that's what matters. Race 3 I think should've had the server restarted, for issues like yours and mine. There was a note put up that the server would be restarted, and then quali got underway. But in future if there is a delay in the server, we should restart anyway. Looking forward to next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Well we are all learning on the fly here, in game that's not perfect, it's likely the same thing would happen to someone as the game has a problem with short practice sessions.

Also Dave had the issue in a different server, the race of which was well underway before we even started qualifying in Div1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'll post a replay of what happened to me....

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Mine was much more entertaining, replay showed no-one around me, just the back end suddenly breaking away as though being pushed by the hand of god :D
    I'll try and get a replay up soon but the quality will be awful.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    This is something that needs to be solved on Sector3's side, so until we have the refinement, it's likely to be a threat. I'm sure they will solve it, they've been very good so far.

@machwebb same thing happened to Waring, everything seems fine on your client side, then but nobody can see you on their client. You notice how the other cars don't react when they hit you.

6. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah... It was then I realized they couldn't see me.... It was after that the cars disappeared and went random on the track map... I'm not grumbling at anyone btw.. On the whole it was a success.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Corrected for you ;)

8. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Dave... Ruddy phone... Or was it my fat fingers..

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    @machwebb @Ronin_GTDave just in case you were beginning to doubt the Chevy's capabilities, we had a quick go in them, less than 5 laps each. The tyre wear seems pretty poor though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If you want those lap times then yes, tire wear is awful, it's no so bad if you go less extreme on the setup but it is slower which is to be expected.
    There are a lot of good drivers taking part in this championship too, several "pros" by the looks of it.

There are no doubt going to be advantages and disadvantages for each of the cars, just got to make the most of what we have. The Honda looks after it's tires well, is agile, quick through the gears and strong on the brakes.
    The Citroen is similar to the Honda, not as agile in the slower corners but has a better front end (setup dependant) in the longer, faster corners and it's generally more stable. (IMO)

The Chevy looks good on the grid, easy to get good starts with.

All just my opinions though and based off my own experience driving the cars.

If I'm honest though, I don't really like the Honda or the Citroen, for some reason I just don't get along with them, I love dragging the Chevy around a track though, even if it does eat it's tires and feel sluggish/front limited in slow corners.

The racing at Zandvoort was good, I knew I wasn't the fastest driver there but enjoyed hanging on to the top 4-5 drivers for as long as I could, I'll look forward to doing the same at Nurburgring too.

@Ryan Callan I'm guessing those times were set at Zandvoort? What was your qualification time in the Honda there?

Also, can I have the Chevy setup you were using? :p

11. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Nope just pointing out there's alot of Hondas...

12. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Chevy has great traction indeed, but that tyre wear seems crazy. I can't agree with your assertion that the Citroen is not as agile as the Honda. It is more agile, which is the actual issue as it is poor on bumps haha, but is good on it's tyres. Honda is the best of both worlds, better traction than Citroen, more agile than Chevy, better brakes than Citroen, better tyre wear than Chevy.

And yes the amount of Hondas is annoying for me too, probably more so for me as organiser. But I'm in a Honda so I am also a culprit :D, though I love the look of the Chevy. However, we couldn't limit the number of each model, as drivers then just quit because they perceive they are at an unfair disadvantage, nothing to stop that really.

I literally just threw together a setup on a whim @Ronin_GTDave but here it is:

[​IMG]

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Ryan Callan That's crazy front toe you've got going on there, unbelievable difference compared to my own setup. Will give it a go, thanks.

14. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    That toe wouldn't be helping tyre wear... Which is why you can't go that aggressive

15. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Well it was a qualifying setup remember, hence the large amount of toe, tyre wear not an issue for one lap. Forgot to say, my best was 37.4 in qualifying in the Honda.

Though I took a load of toe out and went minimum camber during race three to alleviate some of my tyre issues and I went faster than anyone, with a 37.5 during the race. So definitely something to look into.

• Like Like x 2
  16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I can imagine that much negative toe probably made for great turn in but mid corner traction would have suffered quite a bit, particularly in the faster sweeping bends, it's finding that balance, nightmare lol.

17. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Back from vacation and have been watching the broadcast. Great racing and some good action, The Netherlands has been represented well! :D Can't wait for the Nurburgring. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Scared Dave? :D

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Constantly :D
    Usually because of my kids though. :p