English RRNAUZ Steam Group For Australian/New Zealand Players.

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by GeneralMotors, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, sorry I couldn't show Sunday to make up some numbers, had to go see a people mechanic for a water works tune-up during the week, holding tank needed some maintenance, lol.
    Anyway should be all good from here on in, looking forward to some more close racing on Sunday.
    Can I suggest some Audi Quattro races, these things are cool to steer and make for a balanced event with everyone in the same car, all comes down to setup & driver ability.
    Whats every ones thoughts?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear the plumbing is sorted. :rolleyes:

Really enjoy racing those Audis' and like you say it will all come down to setups.

3. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    @nipzon Thnx mate :D
    Might have to put some hrs in behind the wheel, play with settings see how it responds. Haven't tinkered with it in the past, could make all the difference ;)
    Might even hit a pub(l)ic server tonight .................. if there's any up for the Audi that is :D

4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    be a bro and share your setup when your done;).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Will do mate :)

6. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Love the idea of sharing setups!

Sorry I haven't been active have had to take work away from my home. Can't wait to get back and racing again.

Though I'm not into old cars. Really want to concentrate on GT2/3
    Can I contribute to a dedicated server that looks after this class?

• Like Like x 2
  7. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Great idea sharing setups. I will start posting some tonight.

Thanks Redna1L, also into the GTR's so a dedi server will be great.

8. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya mate, I also am fond of GT2/3, if donations are required for a dedi, count me in :cool:

So I had a squirt in the Audi 90 Quatro around Mid-Ohio Short, this thing is so much fun once you get it settled. Found I was power sliding out of some apexes.....awesome fun :D, over-did-it heaps though :eek: and looped it round quite a few times :oops:. Only thing I couldn't settle was the front pushing through the apex, only way I was able to keep it clean was to make sure I washed out enough pace before cnr entry, which is why you will get some rear drift when you power out, if it starts to slide just hold the pedal firm, and enjoy the ride ;).
    Quickest lap I put down was a mid 1.11, but there's more there I'm sure.
    So grab my setup, let me know how it feels, and tinker with it if you want too :cool:.
    Cheers :)

P.S. May need to rain check Sunday, my run on the rig may of caused an issue with the water works tune-up, surprising how much effort the body uses to Sim Race, anyway see how it goes, Sunday's still a few days away.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ok this weekend event at this point will be
    GTO @ Track(~Mid ohio, Bathurst, zolder.)
    starting at 9pm nzt if I'm hosting

• Like Like x 2
  10. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Busy testing Windows 10 and so far it is looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Awesome m8, I'll get testing.........practise makes perfect:D

Ive been wondering if this new O/S was worth it's weight, went for a perv on their website seems W10 is a complete new build from the ground up, which is what they should of done with 8, it's also going to be a free upgrade for certain W7 & W8-8.1 versions for the next year, a noble gesture I must say, but I'm suss there's a catch somewhere, Microsoft offering an O/S for free, there's gotta be a catch, honestly, lol. Might just upgrade an older W7 PC Ive got sitting around and road test the new offering, if it'll run on it of course :)

12. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    So far I am quite happy with the new performance. Switched back to Win7 for a mail check and it crashed BSD on me lol.
    Did a race on Bathurst and the frame rate was constant 60, but Zonder had shitty lagg everytime you could see the pit area. And that was settings on default too.

All my drivers are working apart from siminstruments dash that I cannot get the control panel to work.
    Also windows 10 is not activated, sats they blocked the key, so if and when I get the the key, the next task will be to clone everything onto a SSD.

13. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, knew there was a catch, are they going offer legit keys with the freebie W10?
    I have a retail version of 7Ultimate allows me to upgrade hardware then re-activate my windows key to suit, so unless I get the same retail version in W10 I refuse to go to an OEM version, cause when ya mobo dies so do the OEM keys, rip off.

14. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I will be a no show for tonight I'm afraid, spewing I'm gonna miss the slide fest that is the Audi 90 :(, I'm under post-op restrictions only suppose to do light exercise eg; walking, sitting, eating, drinking and anything else that involves very little exertion, I'm always doing stuff so it's tough to do nothing for 4 weeks, I should be good to hit the rig next weekend though, any longer and I'll be getting admitted wrapped in a long sleeved white jacket :D;).
    Anyway have fun with the Audi guys, I know you will :cool::)

15. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    OK the server is up someone jump on in at 9nzt (or when the event starts) to get the timer ticking.
    my wheel is now completely trash so I will not be attending tonight.
    feel free to jump in teamspeak.

cheers.

16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    same thing this week cause both me and ozzy didn't make it? anyone actually show up?

• Like Like x 1
  17. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Can't remember, think I prowled around for awhile

• Like Like x 1
  18. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I'm their with bells on ;)

Here's my quick setup for Bathurst still needs tweaking, has a bit of front push/understeer mid apex, I'll try to sort it tomorrow and re-post :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Will do one for Zolder and post tomorrow as well.
    If anyone has setups to share, don't be shy, Ive actually learned much over the years from other drivers setups, so post away :cool::D

20. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    We should put screen shots up with track, car and time. Easier to try out I think.

Just finished a clean install so starting just about fresh with settings.

Did a 2'02'272 at Bathurst in the Audi Quatro 90, but damned if I can find the same set I had then.