Pit to car radio app available - work in progress

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Tnx for the update mr_b and welcome back, hope your vacation was nothing but pleasant.

Really like the cut track warnings, but would it be possible to add a little delay on this one too? Just like half a second or so, right now they come in (too) immediately, breaks the immersion a bit imo.

Cheers

Christian

• Like Like x 2
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Consider it done fella :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Tnx a bunch. :joycat:

4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just pushed up version 1.9.6 - found a nasty bug in the way I was calculating the race session length (it was actually using the length of the 'grid walk' phase). This broke some of the fuel use tracking

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

And so are you. ;)

Tnx.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I like this app and I don't usually bother with these things. Particularly like the calm and succinct comments which is a refreshing change from the usual "Yeeeehaaaaaw, awesome dude!" type of thing.

Just hoping I don't get the dreaded "Fernando is faster than you" message;)

Thanks for your continued hard work and for sharing this with us.

7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    A big improvement of this app will be with a voice recognition ... I'me dying to be able to respond with something like :

"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!"

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Or we get a comment like"You've wasted that lap by cutting a corner, calm down and concentrate"

• Like Like x 1
  9. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Or "You're locking your front wheels, adjust brake bias please"

• Like Like x 1
  10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I can add a 'you wasted that lap...' message easy enough.

I've actually been wiring up voice recognition. I've got it to the point where you hold down a button on your steering wheel and it listens on the default audio input device (mic). This is processed by the ms speech recognition library, which works well.

Next step is to link the recognised speech to events.

All this requires the app to run as a windows 'forms' app rather than a command window so it's a lot of faffing

• Like Like x 2
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have had quite a lot of app breaks recently.
    Starting off good, but towards the end of the race I suddenly don't get any notifications anymore.
    And when I quit R3E I have got an error message "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. The Index was outside the interval"

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking into that Heppsan. It's quite hard to debug but I'll find it. Is it always the same error? Does is happen in the last 5 minutes of the race?

• Like Like x 1
  13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I've updated to 1.9.7 now - I did find a couple of issues where the 'push now' event wasn't handling arrays of data correctly (most likely cause of the bug), and I added some more range checking to the gap event

• Like Like x 2
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes always the same error, and I think it's in the 5-10 minutes left of the race.
    Might be more common in the MP races, had several SP races today without any issues.

Got a "Push, you can take him" on Nürbugring in DTM 2014 when I was in the lead. :)
    Might have been a delay thingy, I had taken the lead when passing the pits 3-4 turns earlier.

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, looking at the code I've put a 20 second delay for the 'push now' messages. This is clearly daft so I'll take it out. I'm not going to increment the version number for this but I'll replace 1.9.7 with another cut

• Like Like x 1
  16. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I had a very tiny little one:

When it announce the gap increase/decrease from front/back car : If you overtake or being overtaked it may not be aware of it.

For example: I was 2nd @2" from the 1st. The 3rd overtake me and at the same time I had the message: (approx) "the gap between front drop to 0.1sec. Come on you can take it!"

Maybe could you add some delay between this kind of message and one from the spotter. If there's a spotter message ("hold your line", etc ), there's no point for a gap message right after.

17. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just remembered one more thing.
    When exiting the pits I always get the "car behind you, be careful when joining him on track" (or something like that)
    But I get this even if no car approaching on the track, only cars thats near are behind me in the pits.

Is it possible to set this only to fast approaching cars on the finishing straight?

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Will have a look Heppsan. That bug fix is now uploaded

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Little question about the tire temperature messages:
    How do you determinate that temperature are good ?

It seems that the range is pretty wide, I have a "tire temperature are looking good" from 80° to 100°
    BTW, best tire temperature is not the same on all cars. for example GTR2 run best around 95° and when WTCC are more around 85° for what I experimented.

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That's a good point. Unfortunately I can't know what car the player is driving - the information isn't in the shared memory block. Because of this I've just had to guess what "good" and "hot" tyre temps might be. When the player's car is added to the memory block I'll be able to have a set of parameters per car for things like tyre temps

• Like Like x 1