App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, The first post led me to believe that it was required to have an mic, hence I have not tested it until now;)
    Works perfect and also possible to disable the spotter in the same way as old version.

will there be an option added to the gui to enable/disable spotter, sweary messages etc?
    maybe even choose what folder the sound files are read from for sound packs without overwriting the sound files.
    When people have their options for crewchief set,maybe an option to run R3E at crewchief start?:D

I love the immersion added, thank you!

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, all the options from the config file will be editable in the ui, that's my next job :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be working now. :D
    Now I'll test a race. :)

4. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Everything is working nice now. I guess my perfect english accent helps :p Now I just have to remember how to ask every thing.
    Thanks again. This is awsome!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Didn't had the time the last days to try out CrewChief v2. Will do it on upcoming weekend.

Just a question in advance to the german guys here. Does is work with a german Windows7? My experience some months ago (while trying out VoiceAttack) was, that speech recognition only works with native language input. A german Windows7 wants german speech input and doesn't work with other languages.
    I didnt' tried the SpeechPlatformRuntime before. So does it work with english speech input on a german Windows? That would be great, because i would like to talk with my pit crew in (my limited) english.:)

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks to Der Kiebitz and his helpful and patient testing, it works on German windows, but you need to speak English

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Just ran a race and Crewchief2 is working like a charm. Just the basic app with no voice or buttons.

OS tested on is Win10 x64.

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Boy oh boy - this is absolutely brilliant. Worked straight away without a hitch.

I remember the option in Grid Auto sport, where you could assign a few Race engineer responses to different buttons on a controller. Even though It was extremely limited and the feedback was incredibly basic, I always thought it would be cool if the responses were triggered by voice, instead of having to press a dedicated button assigned to a particular response. Mr belowski, you have achieved this perfectly.

Sector 3 should be thanking you big time, as this adds so much to their game.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  9. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 - Hire that man!!!!!!!!
    Any chance this could be incorporated in the next patch?:cool:
    some of us are puter iliturate ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way of auto loading the program with a key that enables the start function. Lots of times I forget to load the app before starting RRE?
    My simcommander has a function of running an external program before the game starts.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Tested it, works a treat, no problems, even with my old desktop mic.

Yes, it can be done, but it's not as easy as with the old version, a batch file won't cut it here.

There is a program called "Autohotkey" with which one can do many useful things with scripts that make day to day life with your computer even more pleasant. I have added a script to my Windows autostart so it loads automatically when Windows is started.

You can assign a wide array of functions and chain commands to single keys or key combinations, f.e. I assigned my useless capslock key to open firefox if it's not running, if it is running in the background hitting capslock will drag firefox to the foreground and if firefox is in the foreground it will open a new tab in firefox.
    You can also make it send text for certain combinations of letters (when I type "cg", which is a combination that doesn't occur in any word I use regularly, autohotkey automatically replaces it with my name "Christian Göpfert"; when I press winkey+s it sends my e-mail address etc. etc.)
    You can even make it perform a mouse click at a certain location, mousewheel spin etc.....)

I won't give a tutorial on how to use Autohotkey, there is a very good documentation on their site and lots of tutorials online. Get yourself familiar with the basic workings of the program, it's pretty easy and there are loads of examples on the web.

To automate the startup process of R3E in combination with CrewChiefV2 you can add the following to your script:
    (I will explain every line in brackets and Italics after the command, those brackets do not belong into the script)

#c:: (I want Windows to run R3E+CCV2 when I press Windowskey+c, so I start with # for winkey and c)
    Run, D:\crewchief\CrewChiefV2\CrewChiefV2.exe (Here you enter the location of your CCV2 exe)
    Sleep, 1000 (This is a timeout in milliseconds so autohotkey waits until CCV2 has been loaded, increase if needed)
    Send, {Tab} (Sends a stroke of the Tabulator key so the focus will be on CCV2's start button)
    Send, {Enter} (Sends a stroke of the Enter key to hit the start button in CCV2)
    Sleep, 5000 (Another timeout so autohotkey waits until CCV2 has been launched, increase if needed)
    Run, steam://rungameid/211500 (This will start R3E and avoid the creation of a new R3E documents folder)
    return (This ends the command so following lines won't be executed)

The script again, without comments for simple c&p:

#c::
    Run, D:\crewchief\CrewChiefV2\CrewChiefV2.exe
    Sleep, 1000
    Send, {Tab}
    Send, {Enter}
    Sleep, 5000
    Run, steam://rungameid/211500
    return

Done, this will start CCV2, wait for it to launch and start R3E, all with one keystroke.
    Enjoy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    When I have performed an drive trough penalty on v2 I don`t get a penalty served message?
    As I remember it I use to get that on v1.9 right?:confused::)

EDIT: saw your message on the other topic....I was sure it was in there:oops:

13. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    I did a quick test and had no problem with speech recognition using my mic, it worked very well.:)
    My only issue is that it does not recognize my Accuforce wheel under Available Controllers so I can not assign the Talk action to my wheel's buttons.
    Is there a way for the software to recognize this wheel? Didn't know if there was somewhere to add it's ID or other input device info. to allow it to see it or not...?
    Great job either way!!
    Bailey

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the middle of a big update which will hopefully add better device support so that might fix your issue.

I've also added a properties ui, and rearranged the sound files into a separate pack, so you can download the app without having to redownload all the sounds each time.

I've also removed the speech installers - again, these will be a separate download. I'll keep the 'all in one' package for those who need it.

Hopefully it'll work in 32bit too (will add the 32 bit version).

There are other changes and fixes too, so it'll be a couple of days.

Anyone want an option to change the speech recognition button to be a toggle? Or how about having it always listening, so there's no radio button needed? (All optional of course)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Always listening could be useful for players that have to juggle buttons as it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, an always listening toggle would be great as well.

17. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup - Always listening option sounds good.

18. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your great work!
    I've tested it on my PC with a german Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit with no english language pack installed and everything works perfect for me. No need to train the speech recognition other than with the tool "vocals", that I use to talk in english to the race engineer in F1 2015.

But there's one significant problem with the speech recognition of your tool. It has a high CPU load. If I use the speech recognition, I have about 10 FPS less in Raceroom than without. That's really a problem, because raceroom has still a to high CPU load by itself. The last patch reduced the CPU load a little bit, but it's still limiting the performance of the game, even on my high end PC with a Intel i7 4790K CPU and Nvidia GTX 980. I had to set the car reflections to LOW to compensate the increased CPU load. Maybe you can optimize your tool a little bit to reduce the CPU load. And yes, an "Always listening option" would be really good.

19. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Becareful of all ways listening as it might get confusing when using an app like Teamspeak talking to your race mates.
    So for me the basic option is the best.

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    There are some issues with always listening but for some users it would be a good option.

As far as CPU use is concerned, I think this down to my button handler. Its not a nice implementation - I'll try a better approach for this

• Like Like x 3