App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello Mr. Belowski I am glad to hear that you are working on 32-bit version of Win.:):rolleyes: Then I can also use the new version. Unfortunately, I am still one of a Windows 7 32 bit version.:(

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Exxon, I have no way to test in 32bit, so when I release this version (today or maybe tomorrow) will you be able to give me some testing feedback?

3. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello Mr. Belowski yes I will, of course, the 32bit version try as best I can.:rolleyes: If the version is as easy to use as the old should not be a problem. However, the function with the microphone I can not promise because I do not know how this works.
    I have always left with the old version and happy about the automatic speeches from Spotter.:)

4. Gil Ritter

Gil Ritter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Since Yesterday a new sound sample is requiered: Push him out! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Got the CPU usage sorted today - not a nice solution but it'll do for now and it means the no longer gobbles up an entire CPU core :).

Will be part of the big update due tonight or tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Righty, it's now done. The first post has been edited, the new version is running nicely and appears to work properly

• Like Like x 1
  7. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I tested it a bit , nice additions!

Not sure I miss it, but disable spotter is not in the gui yet is it? (I am not an fan of spotters)
    No problem as I can disabled it in the cfg. ;)

about penalties like the fact that I now get warned at every lap about the penalties, but I never get penalty served message?
    was that added?

I tested it on 2 different tracks with in game layers on and I get an penalty served (on screen message) but not from crew chief?

Thank you again for this wonderful app that I can`t live without now:)

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid you have to ask your crew chief for that. If you don't run the voice recognition you won't get an automatic "you've served your penalty" message. I'll add it in the next version.

If you're running voice recognition just ask him :)

Disable spotter is in the config and the properties ui

9. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Oh! I don`t have an mic, I will look forward to the next update:) Again thanks!

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'm testing that addition now so you won't be waiting long :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I won't be using the voice recognition, should I still download the full application with bundled sound pack, or which one should I choose?

12. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I've tested the latest version. The CPU load is now OK and I don't have a lower framerate anymore.
    The speech recognition still works perfect with the voice recognition mode "Hold the button", but I have some problems with the new modes "Toggle button" and "Always On". In these modes the speech recognition stops working after some laps. In the mode "Toggle button" I can restart it by pressing the toggle button again, but in the mode "Always on" I have to press ALT+TAB to leave the game and restart the speech recognition in the app.

And I have one little wish. The race engineer should answer the question "What's your name?"

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Frank. That's a bad bug and surprising - sounds like the speech recogniser is timing out, but its not supposed to :(. I might have to keep restarting the recogniser every couple of minutes.

Heppsan, the application is the same either way. Download the one which includes the sound pack

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I've update to 2.0.1 now. This fixes the issue with the speech recogniser timing out, and adds a "you have served your penalty" message when you've completed a stop-go or drive-through penalty. There are *no* updates or additions to the sound pack for this - you can update just by downloading the much smaller CrewChiefV2.0.1_no_sound_pack.zip and unzipping it over the top of your existing installation.

Heppsan - the "sound pack" is the stuff the application says, it's not related to the speech recognition. If you want to use the app without speech recognition, you still need it. So you download the app with the bundled sound pack initially, and if there's an update (like this 2.0.1 update) which doesn't include any new sound files, you download the small version without the bundled sound files. Does that make sense?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Works here, good stuff.

17. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for that last little addition of served penalties. now it has everything for hud free racing.:)

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Cool. I will try to add a "you still need to serve your penalty" message for when you pit with a penalty but mess up somehow and leave the pits with it still not cleared. The logic is a bit fiddly here but I'll try to add it with the next update.

I plan to make a small change to the way I assign version numbers to the app. If I do an update and it does *not* require a new sound pack, I'll just change the last version number - as I did with this update. If it *does* require a new sound pack (e.g. I add "you still need to serve this penalty") then I'll change the middle number. So it'd be 2.1.0. Sound sensible?

• Like Like x 3
  19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and if anyone's having trouble with an error "You must update your sound pack to run this application", I made the version check code a bit less strict so try updating to 2.0.1

20. Djpretface

Djpretface Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    wauw im amazed by how mutch you got out of this. good job mate looking forward to more stuff