Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Revvin, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec has posted a couple of teaser images over the last few days showing a set of three Clubsport pedal sets lined up. On their Facebook page today they confirmed that pre-orders for the V2 pedals will be upgraded to the V3 pedals. It will be interesting to see what upgrades the V3's have over the V1 and V2 pedals

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Are the v2s the ones that had a lot of issues?

3. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, my V1's have been great

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Depends who you speak to. I know a few people who have had lots of issues with the V1s and V2s. I've had some minor niggles with my V2s. The CSP V3 needs to be more reliable I think.

Just my opinion but I'm not overly impressed with some design elements and build quality of the Clubsport pedals.

If I was buying again I would go for the cheaper CSR Elites as they represent better value.

5. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The only real issue you can have with these pedals are the load cell. It can wear in few months if you set the pedals for low sensitivity (high brake pressure needed). But it's something easy to fix, under support for the first year or for less than 20€ after.

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You can buy a pack of 4 load cells on eBay direct from China for only a few £/€/$. I did this and replaced mine for a fraction of the cost.

Load cells seem to be the most common problem but the hall sensors can also fail (digital spiking, not registering 100% input, etc...) and I've read about PCB failures. I don't want to be too down on the CSP as it's a great pedal set but as far as I'm concerned they have more than their fair share of problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have been close to getting the CSP.... still got the G27s Feel the braking isn't the best with them.

8. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I own both the V1 and V2 and haven't had an issue with either.
    Love these pedals! Wonder what's new in V3?

9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    The 3...

And the higher price...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    more higher? ... they've made a ridiculous increase not so long ago (i have no problem with the fact that they have had to rise their prices, but the way as they did it was just absolutely rude), so if it stays around the current price, with additional features, prolly i will go for one, if they rise again, i dont think i will be interested....

11. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It won't be rising according to their Facebook page, those who ordered the V2's at the current price will get the V3's

12. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My v2 have been flawless TBH. Even the loadcell is still! working. I've modded them to have a stiffer spring on the brake though but that was my decision and not because anything was broken.

I wonder what these v3 have to offer...

13. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have to say these new pedals look fantastic, headline features include:
    • Four times higher sensor resolution
    • Rumble motors on the brake and throttle
    • Adjustable pedal extensions included
    • D Shape race plates included
    • Adjustable brake stiffness and travel
    • Adjustable sensitivity through the wheel rim – bfF (Brakeforce) in the tuning menu
    • Strong clutch spring included
    • Strong throttle spring included
    • Easy connection for the Clubsport handbrake
    • Optional Clubsport Pedal V3 damper kit
    I thought the V1's were good, the V2's even better but I'm loving the extra adjustability and customising it looks like you can do with these new pedals and they have included a lot of extra things like additional pedal plates and stiffer springs as standard where that kind of thing was sold as a tune up kit before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Bought my V2s a couple of months ago for $299.96 Australian Dollars. The V3s are showing now as $379.95. To be honest I'm glad I got the V2s when I did, another eighty dollars would have made me chose the Elites instead. The V3s may be better, but I'm not good enough for it to matter.

16. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I bought the CSR Elites about 2 and a half years ago, been quite happy with those bar some minor issues (lost connection when rebooting PC and squeak/noise coming from the construction).
    Will upgrade to these v3s as soon as my wallet allows. The only drawback as I see it is no inversion kit, I did like having my Elites in a GT layout, though I have now gone back to Formula layout because there's less flex and squeak without the inversion kit.

17. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    After what I had read about the V2's I ordered 2 extra load cells with mine just so I was covered in case it failed. As luck would have it, I've never had an issue with the load cell. For me it was the hall sensor, the one thing people proclaimed could never fail. Well, I've had to replace it twice and have a spare set of those as well now. Not expensive nor difficult to repair so it's a rather small issue.

Only other issues I've had were 1) needing to disconnect/reconnect pedals after they mysteriously stop registering, even though present in controllers menu and 2) greasing the throttle which likes to squeak a bit.

I also changed the brake shock with a Mugen primarily due to others having leaks on the originals, I had not experienced that but it was still a worthwhile upgrade for me.

If I were in the market to replace I would probably consider the ProtoSimTech pedals but that's not to say these have been bad pedals, they just haven't been "heavy duty" even if one considers sensors and load cells maintenance items as the issues were frequent and started not long after purchase.
    Bailey

18. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    These are exactly the issues I've been having with my CSR Elites as well. :)

19. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    finally they bought me.... i was really upset about the way they changed pricing, but v3 with all its features and design... i just couldn't resist, so ordered 1..... will see in 2 months if that was a good decision....

20. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    CSPs..been there,done that, never again!!