Grin and Bear it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GregoryLeo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Due to circumstances I will not discuss here. My family and I are living in tenst on a friends property. It's in a pretty remote area of the island so there is no internet access. and sketchy cell phone at best. And because of the daily rain I don't dare to bring my G27 to play GTR2 since it's an offline game and coincidentally a sim I still love. We got moved in about a week ago and the next thing we know there is a hurricane coming. So some other friends of ours tell us to come stay with them during the storm, and I think, "COOL I can set up my console at their house and get some laps in" Well we get to their house and I pull out the box with my G27 and some how I didn't pack the power supply for it. F#%K!!!
    Well the storm turned out to be a dud. And now it's time to pack up and head back up to the camp with no race time. Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful location, grassy fields surrounded by large trees and several types of ginger and banana plants, with a river that has a swimming hole in it. Very secluded and private. But (insert whiney voice here:p) I need some race time!:( I guess I'm going to have to drag out the old $50 thrustmaster Ferrari experience if I'm going to get any track time at all.:rolleyes:
    So anyway, Have fun on the track and remember IT;S ONLY A GAME!! I say that to myself several times a day right now.;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Good luck sir, I hope you can find a roof and a power supply before too long. Which GTR2 mods are favourites?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Guess a tent in Hawaii still beats pretty much anything here in Germany. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    A tent beside the Nurburgring?

• Like Like x 1
  5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    We plan to be in a new house before the end of the month. Actually I'm quite enjoying the outdoor time. It's good to get back to nature and feel the earth under my bare feet.;)
    Right now I'm into the tune car mod. That and the P&G mod. I also like the pilsbierbude mod, but it's so massive that I use it for a data base to pull from to make my own championship series.:cool:
    As far as a power supply, I have a power invert-er that converts 12 volts to 110 volts and with the 750 amp battery in my truck I can play for about an hour or so on my laptop without taxing the battery too much. But only if I use my old wheel that doesn't need a power source and has crap ffb.:confused:
    @Christian Göpfert I don't know about that. when I visited my inlaws in Hamburge I rather enjoyed Ganavinka.
    @ James Cook, YES I would love to camp on the nordshlief!:) But not in the wintero_O

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And see that stupid sinkhole of a rollercoaster every morning? No thanks. ;) I can be there in 3 hours, and I live rather far away from it...Autobahn rocks.

I guess one really only knows how nice it is where he's at once he leaves. But to me most parts of Germany are dreadful, boring eyesores.

Anyway, all the best to you and your loved ones. Don't worry too much about the lack of game time, not much going on here until September anyway...

Cheers

Christian

• Like Like x 1