FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Are you really running with on wheel Sens = Off?
    R3E doesn't recognize my CSWv2 so I thought I had to lock it to say 540?

3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I also use the SEN setting to match the car wheel range:
    540, 720 or 900 depends on the car (ADAC = 540, DTM92 = 900, etc)

Those who run with SENS OFF will have the wheel range that is set on the wheel driver.
    I don't thing it's a good solution until you drive only one type of car in the game and can manage only one wheel range.

4. fatilaken

fatilaken New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Well that might be true with the CSW v2, but with other wheels (and in other sims) you can leave it at OFF and let the game decide the wheel rotation, they introduced that with a patch a while back but since the v2 is not correctly detected then I guess that part is not working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For the CSW V2 it's because the game doesn't recognize it well at this time.
    The automatic wheel range of the game doesn't work.

Once Devs fix thix we will be able to set it on SEN OFF and use the automatic wheel range of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to get some friction feeling from steering wheel? especially while standstill. But even during movement I can feel forces but at the end it feels too 'sterile' and too light on the wheel.

I believe there are a lot of people/simracers who like such feeling, even if it's far from realistic because it allows to react faster. It's very similar to rF1/rF2.
    Personally I like what has been achieved in pCars - it feels to me more realistic (don't have experience with iR which simulates steering servo)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  8. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Soon you will get some new FFB options for:
    • dampers
    • spring
    • friction
    You probably will want to adjust friction in your case, @MaXyM

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Great. I'm really looking forward

10. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It's that word again: "soon"... :)

11. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Soon is better than never.

Good to know they work on improving the ffb and the settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Furies

Furies Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    hope u will update your profile with new options and post it on forums also. I copy-pasted yours :D

13. luytyi

luytyi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FFB feels worse after the last update, d some effects, and in general the ffb was less pronounced. What's up guys?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fatilaken

fatilaken New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its true, i also noticed the change

15. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I'm very happy with the ffb overall, but the only point I think that has to be improved is the loss of ffb when the car understeers. I love the WTCC cars and in this series especially the FWD ones. I think I get a really good feeling about what the car does/is going to do, but not for understeer or the point of grip loss. My wheel doesn't get loose. I tried both extremes in the settings, but I nearly can't feel a difference between 'understeer' set to 0% or 100%. I tried it over and over again yesterday with the Cruze on Zandvoort... ( good news: no double shifts at all, but that's another thread...:)). Am I doing something wrong or has anybody the same experience?

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Thomas for the most part. I used to work construction and like a bit more umph in the FFB. I can tell when the edge of my tires are just touch the rumble strip, or going right over the top of. And tracking the road..... it seems to me that when you loose traction it doesn't always happen all at once. I can feel when I'm pushing the edge and am about to loose control. The wheel gets a little loose and traction seems intermittent and I hear the tire start to screech. Then if I push a little more it's gone and I'm spinning in the dirt. That's my experience. If your FFB seems too pronounced you can always turn the overall effects down, or maybe the smoothing up. Fiddle with the different settings. Reduce the things that seem like too much. That's why its adjustable. You can personalize it. You can turn things down if it's too much. But you can't turn them up if it's maxed out and still doesn't feel like enough.

17. Tomy

Tomy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Please, anybody with Fanatec CSW (v1) can share his settings in Fanatec profiler, wheel and game?.

Thanks from Spain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Here are mine Tomy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel settings:

SEn OFF
    FF 100
    SHo 100
    ABS OFF
    LIn OFF
    dEA OFF
    drI 001*
    For 100
    SPr OFF
    dPR OFF

* I find this helps a great deal

I use 5 settings on the rim, this example being the middle one with the other 4 changing the value of "For" (I have settings for 80, 90, 100, 110, 120). I change these depending on the car.

In the steering settings for the cars, I use a value of 900 for the wheel range and either 30 (older vehicles e.g. Group 5) or 34.

I'm still fiddling with the Force Feedback Effect Settings for the vibrations.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    In the settings you guys show, you have a low value set to 'understeer'. Is it not sooooo important for you, because you prefer RWD cars? I mean, even a value set to 100% doesn't give me the right feeling about the point of traction loss of the front wheels (at least for my preferred WTCC cars).
    I want to give you the example of my real life car, which is a FWD. When the street is wet and I flat out in a corner, I can feel immediately the loss of traction and the car rolling over the front axle, the steering becoming very light (I could steer with my little finger easily)....
    I think my CSR should reproduce it in R3E in the same way. Does nobody think, the ffb loss for understeer is way too weak?

20. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Did you tried to increase the grip exponents in ControlSet file?
    Code:
    FFB steer force front grip exponent="1.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0.  Exponent applied to grip weight.
    FFB steer force rear grip exponent="1.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0.  Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
    Perhaps a value of "3.0" gives you a better feeling for understeer.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.