Chevrolet Prototypen after the Patch??? Something is not right!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exxon, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Send a message to the team of Sector 3. There were indeed improves the Chevrolet prototypes in the last patch. Personally, I noticed that the sound become much worse than before the patch. I have attached a comparison video. In the video you can hear the old sound very good I personally found really great. Since the update, the sound has become much worse that I personally find very sad and do not understand. RRE is well known for the best sound under the Simracingspielen.I was thinking more after the patch is all better.A friend told me immediately the sound would be funny and now worse than before. Could you please check the times?
    Please watch the video and compare with the current sound after the patch.

Yet another thing is to become even worse after the patch at the same cars. The steering angle and the steering angle is different than before, and before the patch could drive the car much better. Now with the steering angle and steering the car drives like a kart and is very bad.Can it be that there is an error there?Thank you for an answer.

2. alfsoft69

alfsoft69 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  3. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    we talked about it internally, the car being twitchy bit, and it seems that after the new tire physics the default settings are not correct anymore. But luckily that is something you can easily change yourself by changing the the wheel rotation and lock in the game.

I use a CSW V1, and I let the game dictate what my wheel rotation and lock is.

In the setups menu when driving the DP, go to steering settings and change it to:
    2015-02-20_00001.jpg

And then try again, and please let me know if this solves your issue with the car being twitchy. This what solved it for me, and thanks to @Georg Ortner for bringing me that solution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. alfsoft69

alfsoft69 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes , now I think is less nervous.
    I'll try more.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jay Ekkel. Thanks for a quick reply. I have changed the default setting steering as you suggested me to 540x23. Unfortunately, this brings very very few. Then I once changed the steering angle to the value of 900x30. The problem is only marginally better.The problem must lie elsewhere.2 of my friends say the same thing before the patch, the car drove homogeneous so realistic and I'm not talking about times of sound.We do not make this a Jay.We have 3 feel the car drives too much like a cart. The slightest movement steering the car reacts to directly.Me and my friends have both a G27 from Logitech.You can tell by itself enlarge the steering angle and angle only the normal change that you have to steer more but the effect is the car nicth directs been so hectic.We wonder why is it that way. Ok the tire physics has been changed but because what must have gone wrong.I have always felt the car drives now as if I had turned on driver aids.It feels too much like Arcade.If there is no possibility for the you still have the old data for comparison or have you not backed up. That would be a pity.I'll try to get a comparison of the sound the days. All 3 colleagues say the car sounded really great and now much too weak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried reducing the steering ratio even more?
    Say 540 wheelrange with 18 steering lock?

• Like Like x 1
  7. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Tough to say what feels "realistic" when it comes to a daytona prototype (maybe it's more about what you are used to).

I barely touched the DP in the past, so for me the "new" physics feel pretty good. The only comparison i can think of is probably the "Metalmoro" in GSCe, which also feels pretty agile and direct.

Can't help myself, i like them both (the "old" DP not so much)... personal preference :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  8. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    This video gives a nice impression of the steering input:

• Like Like x 8
  9. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Georg
    Thank you for your effort. I am just now again about 20 laps on Lacuna Seca. I am 540x18 drove with your steering angle and steering angle. This is better than the current setting. Perhaps 540x17 even better.
    Ok, you have the physics changed to adapt it to the original racing cars.
    You know you better than me but I found before the patch, the behavior of the car homogeneous and not as direct.
    I now have the feeling that I direct them and then suddenly the car pulls to the front too soon after and you get the feeling it has to steer.
    For me too direct and too little scope in the steering.
    Ok if it matches the original rather it is totally ok and I have to get used to it.
    I just had the feel of setting something wrong because the differences were so great and my friends also said what happened to the car.
    The original setting is yes then currently wrong with the steering or?Have not you have an old file for comparison before the physics come from? In the video of yourself can be difficult to see if the steering is so right I think.

10. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    now THAT Camera needs to be implented in this Game. DriverEye-Cam :sunglasses::yum:

11. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I think it's great how you busy yourselves with the topic and also suggestions arrives.That is not the sound that bad I guess sooner it will be such that the present term of sound so a lot was different then comes closer before updating the reality.I've just worried that soon the next update in the GTR2 cars coming and her as the RUF Porsche 997 with a physics brings into negative and the sound while driving the Porsche because I personally find very good driving behavior.I am just noticed that the 911 Porsche just when coasting so if I take away some time ago for a patch of sound gas and then briefly re-accelerating because it has become otherwise. The typical Porsche wiggling was away at once what I found so realistic. It's hard to describe what I mean but in your stream could be the good of the BMW hear something like that, especially when the load changes.Well you will make it so.Gruss Dirk:)

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have wondered for a while but currently if you compare the real life video vs the r3e video the r3e video has alot more whine and a lot less roar is there a way to ajust the whine volume? i understand the cameras don't pick up sound all that accurately but even then i think the sounds would be more enjoyable if the deep roars were louder I feel like i could turn the volume up more.

r3e still has the best sound of any racing sim out their but it feels like its missing something in the deep base

13. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Nope, watched it and I actually got sick :D:eek::) LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I just gave a try, and have to admit, that the steering became very direct, feels like the steering linearity has been changed. Usually my steering is pretty smooth, i like to "drow" the turns, instead of fast wheel pulling, but with DP right now is not really possible. I don't know which one is right or wrong, but driving it feels different now.
    If you watch the video linked by Georg, it looks he is doing the same, he is using fast wheel pulls, so it seems this is the right behaviour of the car....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So I'm just now with Georg and yet another a race driven on Mid Ohio with the Chevrolet prototypes. I can not help myself but that just does not fit.The ride feels really modestly as if I Need for Speed games. You can tell nothing about the car and it drives like on rails. The only where you just have to make sure the speed is everything else is unrealistic for me.A feeling as if I have driving aids enabled or an arcade game play.I tested with different steering angles.For me, 540x23 no solution.What if anything still goes is 900x30 but that simply is not fun after the patch.And I thought the ride is identical, at least I feel like the type classes: Prototype Series and Silhouette Series. The cars are as good as identical. When I compare other classes so are the better classes much more realistic.Whenever I direct prototypes with the Chevrolet you do not get the feeling clean the corners to go. Too fast moves with the car and you have to correct it. It's funny the 3 classes go almost identical. I would like to test the old ride.Shame shame but what can you do.I hope the team to Sector 3 is there a solution in the future.Gruss Dirk:(:confused:

16. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have a question for a few days, the following server always in race mode although it is not a user on the server. It is unable to join there. "Chevrolet prototypes"
    The routes are Indianapolis and Laguna Seca.

And then a matter for the steering wheel settings.
    It remains now 400x18 at the original settings?
    Georg you drive yes 540x23.
    If there's what changed? I only drive with the original settings so I ask only because I do not get along with the value 400x18.;)

17. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I've recently tried the Chevrolet DP too (at Mid-Ohio), using 540/23. The car feels quite direct on steering inputs, but this seems usual for a prototype car, i guess. The car has a good portion of bite on turn-in. I don't know which rotation angle and steering lock the real DP has.
    However, i don't have the impression, that the car drives on rails. I could easily get the rear stepping out, by pushing hard.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    I think we will change it to use 540x23 by default.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thx Georg:)

20. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    In any case, it´s super easy to adjust the wheel / lock yourself.