Released Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    For me, on most tracks in R3E they're terrible and if you so much as look at them when you're at any kind of speed, you crash. I have to make it a habit to try to avoid them at all costs. On some tracks they're not too bad, but on most tracks they're lethal.

That's one example. I usually watch a half dozen or more races every week from a variety of different series at a variety of different tracks and for the most part all of them attack and abuse the curbs at will with little to no penalty. Rarely do I see a car go completely sideways after touching 1cm of curbing, as happens to me in R3E on a regular basis. Sure, I've seen cars spin when they used too much curb, but for every one instance of that I probably see a hundred instances of drivers abusing the curb with no consequence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    o_O I must have been really lucky then cause that's never happened to me (so far)...
    The only occasions I spin are when I'm trying to accelerate out of a turn and I'm completely on the curb... but then that's asking too much probably... :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Great work guys!Just a small objection about shadows.On afternoon or morning races there seems to be a bit of stuttering down La Source but the weird thing is that slowdown is quite a bit random(one lap you have it and one not).Otherwise excellent

4. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That's bizarre, and makes me jealous. This past weekend I was hot lapping around Sonoma and it seemed like every curb there was out to kill me, even if I was going mostly straight. I ended up quitting because I couldn't complete more than one or two laps without getting sucked into the sand. I drive all my cars with the stock setup, maybe a good setup would prevent it from happening as much. I know to be careful when accelerating/turning and touching a curb, but even when I'm careful it still happens all the time, way more than in my other sims.

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    page 5, postings 86-96 or so. ;)

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Have now tried Spa for a couple of short, full grid races with Touring classics and GTR2 in different moods of day.
    Mostly runs really smooth on my system, but I do get an fps drop just when I go past the classic layout finish line.

Gets down to 61 fps on noon, 58 on sunrise / morning / evening, and 52 on sunset..

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I drive stock setups as well and I don't have any issue with the curbs. I don't have any "curb suck" at all, not like in P Cars where at times it feels like I'm stuck in a rut or its pulling me off the road.

8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Also depends on your suspension/anti-rollbar settings and balance, you might not iron out that "issue" completely but surely there are noticeable differences the way you set up your car..

9. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That's weird that we could have such different experiences in the same game. R3E is by far the worst for lethal curbs of all the half dozen or so sims I own, it's so bad that it's almost comical. I treat the curbs the same way as I treat the hooker behind the bowling alley.......stay very far away and never touch! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I can not confirm this though, i have not that experience. Maybe a driving style difference can explain the "curb killing" for some. You could goto setup and change the differential setting so that the difference in grip on tarmac and curb is not that great. Locking the wheels in coast or power. Power for on gas or coast for gliding into the curb, wherever you feel the problem occurs.

11. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Maybe because other sim do it wrong :rolleyes:

I add myself on the "no issue with R3E curbs" side.
    It appends to me that I lost the car suddenly while going to wide on some Curbs (and yes it's frustrating!) , but nothing surrealistic, and it appends to me in other sim like Asseto or GSCe. But most of the time I'm able to ride on them flat out :p

And for my IRL track side experience, I do know that Curbs can be really tricky and you can loose car in a blip...

12. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sorry for putting this discussion in a funny corner ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Future past of GTR2 is approaching...

14. Black75

Black75 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    uh... my typical Eau-Rouge is 2 wheels here
    [​IMG]

then 2 here:
    [​IMG]

and at the end i have some times half car outside the curb here:
    [​IMG]

.... i have to call an ambulance before to try this? :p

15. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    1st Multiplayer footage

microlags from my record app, not ingame

• Like Like x 1
  16. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Tried that no difference.

17. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Despite many attempts to educate myself, I remain useless at tuning so I'm usually stuck with stock setups. I'm well aware that curbs can be dangerous and try to take appropriate precautions (easy on the throttle and steering inputs, straighten the wheel and lift/coast), but they are rarely successful in R3E. On curbs like at the base of Eau Rouge where you just go over them quickly in a (mostly) straight line, as illustrated above, it's not an issue. But it's enough of an issue on other curbs that I've just learned to stay far away from all of them.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss this so I'll drop the subject and let us get back to discussing the glorious Spa.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Hell Yeah!

19. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    spa you should be able to fully abuse the curbs guys...nurburgring has some curbs you dont go near, its not a comparison.

i didnt notice anything but i drove a couple of the older cars, with what car/where are the curbs a problem?

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I find that if I'm hard on the power with the inside wheels on an apex curb, I get 'pulled' in towards the curb. This is really noticeable through turns 4-6 at Spielberg and turn 1 at zandvoort

• Agree Agree x 2