Released Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Sep 14, 2015.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I did a race against IA too (ADAC2014) and found that the fasters AI are .. very fast !
    As you my minimal AI setup is 110. With that, in most tracks I'm able to fight at the head of the pack, on some tracks I make an easy pole, need to push IA up to 115.
    But here, with 110 my best grid place was around 20th on 24... and my pace was almost 3sec slower than the pole!
    During the race I managed to take the 14th place at start, but never was able to catch the 13th

But I may still improve myself ... on a very long track like SPA, 2-3sec it's not something impossible to find (it's so easy to lost 0.5s in a single turn...)

2. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    So its only an thougth of me when i read your post's about the AI. So we all know that they are working on the ADAC GT MASTERS 2015 and also the new Physic's. And as we know that the KI always use the same pyhisic its seems for me that they worked out the AI behaviour with the new Physik. It's senseless to look on the old physic and making the AI for the old and new Physic.

I think they already fitted the AI to the new physic and thats the reason why the AI is much stronger then on other tracks. New pyhsic means also to have a look at the Ai how they drive with that physic cause its not only a trail which they are driving. They use the track as we do. We know where are the perfect line and where are the cutting zones . The AI know that ,too and use these facts.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Really well done track, looks very pretty, but for me it's not running super smooth, against other tracks it's running atleast 30fps lower, and has some micro stutters around the track.

4. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    For me it's not running super smooth, some micro stutters around the track & around La Source

5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Are the guys getting stuttering using Win10? Because I've developed stuttering in GSC and Race07 too, so it shouldn't be performance related. At Spa I get stuttering even at 100+ fps. V-sync at 60 or not. Tbh I get it at most tracks in Raceroom now.

I wondered if it had anything to do with Refresh Rate compatibility between Windows and the Sims.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You need to set your car up, slightly lower rebound/bump at rear can stop oversteer on kerbs, there is so much online regarding setups, takes ages at first but soon becomes second nature-ish. I just use it as an excuse to drive more! :)

Spent most of yesterday Spaing it and all I can really say is wonderful, tried it in a plethora of cars, some like it, some need some serious fettling, very bumpy.
    The Audi (Beast) Quattro is just something else, haven't had as much fun for ages, fast laps are a challenge though, was exhausted after a few laps.
    Do suffer with a bit of stuttering coming out of pits but seems pretty smooth around the entire track when up and running, quite amazing seeing as I'm running 3x27" monitors with a GTX780oc, so fair shout S3, clever shit!
    My only real issue is still player entry lag, wiped me out several times yesterday and entering Eau Rouge and seeing the dreaded **** ***** is entering the game (should be joining track or race, this is no game) may just as well bend over and kiss ones arse goodbye! :mad:
    Say it once more, great job S3, fantastic track that oozes quality and gives a great feeling of driving this jewel of motorsport history, bar raised once more. Bodes oh so well for the even longer track in the offing, any news? :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I use to almost never use dawn and sunset conditions, the track tarmac is too dark on most tracks, for my taste, since there is no real headlight simulation and light masts. However, this track looks so very beautiful with just any of the five times of day available. If you haven't, guys, try those times as well that you usually do not try at all. Spa looks beautifil in all five of them.

In the AC forum I wrote about this release that to my surprise the difference between the driving of the same track in both sims is so very small. Consideing that Spa-AC is laserscanned, this is a surprise, regarding driving I mean, the Monza and Nürburgring tracks in AC are more challenging to drive, since the track geometry and physics are a bit simplier in R3E, elevations and camber in some places at Nürburgring just are not that right. I attributed that to the laserscanning in AC. Zandvoort however is hand-made in both sims,so a comparison of track geometry is fairer here, the R3E version has more excessive elevation changes, while AC version has a more bumpy surface and different camber settings - I prefer the R3E version here, although the bumpiness in AC probably is more realistic. But with Spa, I cannot make a choice, since I end up being confrotned with the same car behavior at exactly the same parts of the trackj, the samebraking points, the same sliding through turns - it feels as if I were driving the AC version. There are some elevation differences between both versions that are hard to spot, you can mainly identify them from observing objects in the infield (whether they are visible or not), or at the final chicane before entry for the first pit (after busstop). But these are so subtle nuance that they just do not matter at all, I think. The differences at Zandvoort'S elevations were much more drastic.

If Spa is representative for the Nordschleife's optics and visual detail, considering that the track is laserscanned in AC and R3E as well that release could become a real sensation, I think.

I prefer, therefore, for looks and atmosphere, the R3E version of Spa, since in driving it makes so little difference - and for the eye, the R3E version is more pleasing. Also, the place feels more alive once again. Mood is where AC scores low, unfortunately.

Love R3E! And my compliments to the track artists.

Its belessed times for racing simmers. I play since the late 80s, but I cannot recall there ever were times when so much good driving stuff for so many different good racing sims was coming out in so short times. Five tracks in R3E in as many months plus its updates, i think, two laserscanned Nordschleifes this year, Barcelona for AC and Finland for Dirt coming next - you don't know where to start your day these days. Blessed times for race simmers indeed. Cornucopia for cornucopia of gifts and high quality content being emptied over our heads since one year. And it still continues! One is almost drowning in all that good stuff.

We shall not forget in coming years that this was happening - when maybe the pace of new releases slows down a bit again in the future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That was my experience too, they were hosing me on the rest of the track but I could always catch up and even overtake in Pouhon without any trouble.

Count me as another one who gets micro stutters in La Source. The rest of the track runs smooth as ice though.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Considering that so many people get stuttering in LaSource, and me as well initially, and that I cured it by setting shadows back to medium, I would advise people to check what reducing their gfx settings - especially those that are known to be frame killers - maybe does for them in curing the issue for the time being.

As I said earlier, more looks by S3 into it, to investigate what more optimizations can be done, also is welcomed.

10. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    AC version of Nurb GP is not laser scanned IIRC but is a port from Kunos' Ferrari Challenge.

There are lots of subtle differences between the AC (laser) and RR (non laser) versions of Spa. Elevations and cambers in some parts of the track are slighty different as too are some trackside details. AC is as expected more accurate in this regard from my RL experiences but that doesn't detract anything from the RR version. Eau Rouge/Radillon and even Blanchimont are a real challenge in GT cars in RR and feel less so in AC. Maybe that's down to grip levels or car physics but RR Spa is so much more enjoyable to drive for me. Just my opinions and impressions so please don't shoot :)

Anyway, very nice job Sector3.......when do we get the historic layout then? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I start with the Medium graphics preset and then make sure shadows are on medium and split shadows are off. I'm running a i5 4960, GFX 970, 16gb of RAM, 5110x1080 resolution (or something like that, 5,XXX x 1080). The rest of the track runs butter smooth, only get the stutters going through and coming out of La Source. Luckily my car is usually shaking right there so the cockpit movement mostly hides it.

12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No, it runs really smooth for me on windows 10.
    But I do get a fps drop just when I pass the classic start / finish line..

13. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I put alot of time into this last night and really enjoyed it - I played this, AC and GSCE back to back and the R3E version feels the best (AC a close 2nd) and easily looks the best or the 3. I didnt experience any stuttering but I did change the shadow settings when Shanghai came out and that fixed it for that track so I suspect also for this one.

If you are getting curb problems its in the setup, not the track. the default setup is deadly for curbs.
    Soften front bar, stiffen rear bar, lower the car 1cm all around and drop diff to 15, 20 and 1 preload and it will handle great even when taking lots of curb.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Needing to go a bit offtopic here:

You are most probably wrong there. I investigated it, and started a thread in Kunos forum asking for it. Status so far:

The AC version of Nürburgring is a new development, laserscanned.

The Ferrari Academy track(s) were laserscanned as well. So even if they would have simply ported Nürburgring to AC, it nevertheless would be laserscanned a track. Originally, FA only had Fiorano. Later, an expansion pack brought Mugello and Nürburgring to it). Both tracks were laserscanned as well.

A similiar debate was held about AC's Mugello, too. But AC's Mugello also is a new development, not a conversion.

I recall there was a debate on this in AC forums many months ago, with the same results.

You can easily feel the much higher mesh in the track, compared to R3E. In the Mercedes Arena (the wide-swinging left turn after the Haug-Haken which is the first right hairpin after pitlan), you can easily swing through the turn in R3E. In AC, it is a trap waiting to lure the unaware into his doom. You can also see with bare eyes the differences in camber and e,levation between both sims. Later curves and turns also are more tricky in AC than in R3E to drive.

Offtopic mode end.

15. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    ok thx

16. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    60fps, fullhd, 5960x1080, no stuttering on spa.

@Fairman yes it was good. Nice Training :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello ... I've been waiting to fix the performance problem that happened when the inpacto atualizaron the 17.07.2015 was brutal .. and not an repaired!!

5760x1080 3 monitor ,i5 4670k,gtx 970 ,16gb 1600

18. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info on reducing the curbs issue. Could those who know share some set ups for GT Cars so I can reverse engineer and try and learn what is going on? I wish we had an app like ForzaTune for Raceroom as setups are just not my strong point.

As to R3E vs AC I too agree. AC version while amazing lacks the pizazz of R3E. However I just love the way cars handle in AC.
    I think it must be their tyre model as cars just seem to grip the road with much more realism. There's a real feeling of weight unlike R3E where the cars still feel to floaty IMHO. But maybe a good setup would cure that?

19. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    turn off shadows, trust me thats the only way to get a strong performance. I know turn off isnt the 1st choice option but better without shadows instead bad performance ;)

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Firming up rebound/bump changes everything with regards to wallowing, I find a base setup which I start with most cars, I can then generally do a few laps and fine tune. The problem with setups is they are subjective, we all react differently and expect different things from different cars, I have had setups from Aliens and the cars are undriveable, as you get quicker and quicker you will find that your setups will change with the speed. There is no quick fix I'm afraid the more time you spend on track the faster you will get and the faster you get the weirder your setups become. You will still find the most time from the track though, until you use every inch of it and on the right line no setup in the world will make you fast!
    Enter the virtual championship, bang a few laps out then start challenging people who are quicker, amazing how quickly you can improve!
    Oh and most of all enjoy!! :)

• Agree Agree x 3