Released Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    999999 vRP - that's not funny... But... my neighbor have... :cool:

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Bargain! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Oh Gosh!!! I've just made some laps on SPA, and my hands trembling, my veins are full of adrenaline. Full throttle on Eau Rouge even without the G factor that's unforgottable experience! Thank You Sector 3!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    have some frame rate problems .Whats is the fps killer at SPA ? Will it be optimized in future ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    From memory it's a combination of factors, one of which is the CPU. I myself have zero issues running with 23 AI cars at Spa with a modded version of the High graphical preset (motion blur off, FXAA off, 4xAA), yet other testers have reported major frame rate issues.

Try lowering the shadows from whatever level you've currently got to medium or lower and turn off shadow split as it can also cause frame rate issues.

The usual suspects to lower the settings of as as follows:
    • Car Reflection Quality - large frame rate improvement changing from High to Low (default)
    • Shadow Split - On by default when using the High preset, turn off for a noticable frame rate improvement
    • Shadows - Low setting will improve the frame rate.
    • Car Shadows - Low setting will improve the frame rate
    One can read more about R3E's settings here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ence-faq-and-game-features-w-i-p.72/#post-223

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    for all rookies: here is a nice track guide by Tom Coronel

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    That video illustrates how unbelievably close to the looks and sights of the real place the virtual track is. I just stared at the treelines, and found it almost unbelievable.

As I said earlier, R3E imo represents the industry benchmark for visual. track design now. In that, they become better and better with every track released, it seems.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you in general, but car shadows can only be set to on or off. But disabling does indeed give a massive boost and with a high contact shadow value it's barely noticable that they are missing (while driving at least).

9. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Have anyone of you guys had strange timings in Spa for the AI? On friday I was just track testing with G5 cars and one of the AI drivers had 7 seconds faster time than me or any of the other AI drivers. Yesterday I was doing the same with Radicals and while I was pushing around 2:16 (which probably isn't that good time), most of the AI guys went to aroud 2:10 which to me sounds again little bit too fast. I'm quite sure that I wasn't that slow on track compared to AI cars.

• Like Like x 1
  10. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Also noticed very fast IA with the radical
    II was able to do some 2'15" laps.. But that was 5" more than faster IA

11. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    A little offtopic but yeah, Radicals need AI behaviour revised. I'll post a video where one of them even accelerates in a straight break point just to ram me in next corner (Aline style). :confused: Very weird.

12. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Hey look what i found on my G**gle Earth Satellite :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Great track but after watching some replays of my races, I have to say that I really don't like those "action-cam"-like cameras which are unrealistic and won't appear in tv. It kills the immersion so much. It's astonishing because on every other track you've released the replay cameras where just amazing. Just watch an hour of Spa 24h on youtube and you'll see where the "real" cameras are:p

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I'm with you there. I notice that most cameras are on a two lap rotation, so it picks one or the other each lap, but the ones where the camera is moving break the immersion a little. Which is a small pity, because the others look like real TV footage.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I agree and was never in favor of those kind of Cams. Im a sucker for eeking out the best from Spa, i.e. cameras, track detail, textures, etc..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I learned to like them more than I initially did, because they sometimes can be - depending on the situation and action caught on film - quite spectacular. But I would prefer to have another camera option in the replay menu: "TV camera only".

I also would like to have the auto-director camera being refined, so that it jumps to the action some seconds earlier - sometimes you jump to the scene of the fun with the deed already being done.

So I am not asking S3 to replace the existing systems, but to refine and retune them, and to add one or two more options to them.

• Like Like x 4
  17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Working on it!

• Like Like x 9
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Actually, the real cameras are all there, it's just that R3E was missing a system so only these cams would be displayed. That's what the programming team worked on and it will allow you to switch between several set of cameras (each with its own specificity). You're the replay director now ! ;)

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    J-F and Anthony, that is some fantastic news. I've been wincing at some wonderful replay possibilities which the existing replay cam angles wouldn't show. If your system is sophisticated enough that we can manage replay cam setups per lap (within reason), per track, I would be in heaven. So many aspects of this game are beyond anything any racing game delivers, and this is a testament to a wonderful team. When you can grab my attention away from Gran Turismo, you guys are doing something incredible. :D

On topic, I've noticed frame stuttering in replays rather than racing, fortunately. I have a single GTX770 and i7 CPU with lots of ram, and amazingly, I can run races at Spa with car reflections on high with almost no hit on performance, but replays suffer. Could some optimizing of tracks or the game in general be done? I've noticed issues with a few others like Indianapolis.

Quick edit: the main reason I ask this is that it would be a good idea that a system based on your recommended computer setup should run like greased lightning. I know that this game is essentially in an alpha state, but the team seems to have some epical talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Once again, listening to us and our moaning, whining and complaining and responding to it with grace and results! Thanks guys, you are setting new standards in customer service, let alone the game itself...

• Agree Agree x 8