English RRNAUZ Steam Group For Australian/New Zealand Players.

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by GeneralMotors, Jun 4, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    @The Monk haha that is what is expected of monza
    @Gerbuho nice to have you join us aswell:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Shards. I was glad to find you guys last night. Don't know how often will be able to join you, it's 17 hours the difference!

(On holidays I will be there for sure, my sleep schedule turrns around ;))

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Ah hell, they barely passed the start line let alone get to turn one before the pile up started, I picked through the worst of it and thought I was clear before I had my bottom touched up.

Still was fun, good to start to meet a few other racers outside of Iracing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GRILLEDragoo14

GRILLEDragoo14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello folks I'm an Aussie and have just got onto raceroom. I would love to join in if anything is on the go. I'm struggling to get my g29 ffb setup up smoothly and am quite out of my league on the PC.

5. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    hey mate whats your steam name ill add you too the group. Id also recommend joining eat sleep race as that's where we are all preoccupied at the moment (and ozzie has a shot back).

just be mindfull that if they talk about a saturday event it will be late morning/midday of sunday for you.

6. GRILLEDragoo14

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok mate my steam name is GRILLEDragoo14. I'll check it out mate. If there is anyone who could help with a wheel setup on the g29. I'd rather have that sorted before racing folks.

7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i have a dfgt. the only thing i can reccomend is to:
    1, leave everything in the profiler at is default (logitech make awful profile software)
    2, turn of all the canned effects (thats every thing in the last section)
    3, use a very small amount of friction (maybe 5-10%)
    4, use the silhouette cars to test

ps, im frank on steam

8. GRILLEDragoo14

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I'll have a fiddle the thing feels like it could break at any minute in its current state. I've been thrashing pcars on ps4 so the PC setup is all foreign to me

9. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    If it's feeling too heavy, turn down the FFB intensity to about 50-60%. Also turn the engine, brake and kerb vibrations either off or down to the 5-10% range, as these (especially the kerbs) are what seem to cause many of the sharp jolts of force in the wheel.

10. GRILLEDragoo14

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome will try all this thanks. Love the game big DTM and touring car fan so already have there recent packs. I've found I'm working a lot harder and still having a ton of fun. Pcars just lacks a little compared.

11. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Gday Grilled, welcome to the group mate, nice to see some more Aussie's on the tarmac ;)

I have Fanatec hardware so I can't offer any advice on your G29 wheel, being the fact there new on the market makes it even harder to find settings that feel right.
    If you follow this link http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-ffb-settings-thread.106914/
    you may be able to tweak some of the G27 settings that have been posted to suit the G29, the settings are for RRE so they should feel OK with the games FFB.
    Hope this helps some, look forward to seeing you on the tarmac mate :D

Cheers

12. GRILLEDragoo14

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate will have a looksie this evening. Could you recommend any tracks? I've driven spa and all the common ones. Zandvoort is really fun. Macau was another I got and I don't know if it's how it's meant to be but I could never get the car to turn enough to make it. Was a bugger.

13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    at the hairpin, yeah you really have to crawl (you can use the hand-break on some cars). also remember to increase the steering lock and degrees of rotation the g29 should have plenty.

mid ohio is good, bathurst is my favorite cause it it so rewarding when you get it right, sonoma, brands hatch, norisring, laguna seca and sazuka is the full list of tracks i really love. aswell as zandvoort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    What Shards said ;)
    I find all the tracks great to drive and I have all tracks except Paul Ricard.
    Bathurst is my Fav "for obvious reasons" after that I would say Nurburgring, Mid Ohio & Zandvoort are close, but I like them all.

It's more about the car and how it handles around the circuit, than the circuit itself. A shitty track can be loads of fun with the right car and setup, it's all very subjective really, which is part the challenge of motor racing.

15. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Grilled.

I need to look at ESR as well but have some hardware upgrades to attend to first. Will probably see you guys early next year

16. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Grilled o/

I have the G29 as well, and yeah, being so new it's hard to find settings recommended by the other users. I find I have to turn things up a bit in most games or it feels a bit weak compared to my old DFGT. The problem is since we no longer have access to the old profiler all we can do si tweak in game settings really, and that takes work. I don't want to think how long it took me to get it working right iin AC for example, however with R3E it was pretty good straight up. Reduce the canned effects, unless you like a lot of that sort of thing ( I like the gear change jolt myself) but can overwhelm the feedback you need. Take a look at https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/ if you haven't already done so to see how this title does it, though it needs to be updated.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Grilled. Hope you get the G29 sorted to your liking.

18. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Hi Grilled. What's your favourite car in R3E? Mine is the BMW GT2.
    See you on the Leaderboards! What's your R3E user name?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  19. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ok i think the team speak server is down, haven't seen generalmotors recently to ask but it seems that's the case. if anyone has an alternate server we could use or knows of one it would be most appreciated. i could possibly host one but it would only be up when im on and you guys know what my internet like.

20. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Im looking at putting a TS server online 24/7 with an old PC, just hope my net is stable, if Im successful both ESR & RRNAUZ will have access. Fingers crossed I can pull it all together ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1