Question Wheel Range says N/A

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shovas, Sep 17, 2015.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    How can I set a wheel range for an AccuForce wheel? I'd like to take advantage of the automatic steering locks but it can't because it doesn't know my range. I have to set steering lock 30 (15:1) for every car which is unfortunate as it makes them feel all pretty much the same.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I get that when I first start, just run a couple secs in a lap and it then pops up

3. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That's interesting. I'll give it a go...

I'm surprised there's not some file I can go and edit in the range...

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    there may be, but I don't know enough about it

5. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Nope, didn't work for me

6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Unfortunately the Automatic steering lock does not support the Accuforce wheel. It only works for Fanatec, Thrustmaster and Logitech.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, what about setting it manually? I can't even click the left and right arrows to set it manually.

Can I edit a file somewhere?

9. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    There is a file you can edit, however without the proper support the game wouldn't know what to do with the values you put in. We need to get one of those wheels into the office at some point to develop this support.

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    When I look at the pricing of Accuforce its also not just a cup of tea buying one for this purpose.....:eek:

11. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hm the game can be setup and it responds to all inputs from the wheel and its buttons. It's just missing wheel range. Is there some way to maybe force it even if it's not properly setup?

12. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Agree, but maybe lending out expensive simhardware (like Bodnar, Accuforce, OSW, etc.) could be an option. Just for a certain time to implement support for this specific hardware.

Otherwise .... it couldn't hurt to have at least a DD wheel in the S3S office. ;)

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can't believe it's not common practice to loan developers hardware for support purposes, if they want their products reviewed they send out their demo kit all over the world. Sure if Jay gave them a ring they would be able to accommodate and if not drop me the number and I will happily sort it, used to spend hours reviewing Audiophile kit and some of the gear was so pricey it came with a security guard, yet others would send thousands of pounds worth of stuff and never ask for it back, so you never know your luck the same may happen to you! ;)

14. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Of course ... When you manufacture only few of them the first thing you want to do is to send them for free all around the world, instead of selling them to actual customers. :p

What you say is good for brand like Logitech, Thrustmaster or even Fanatec that have chinese production with big batchs.
    Nothing like that when it comes to Accuforce wheel, witch is a very small manufacturer witch can almost made enougth wheel for its customers.

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The problem being reviews take priority over game support, I've seen reviews so why not game support, somewhere there is a couple of these units doing the rounds of the rags and review sites, lets hope all the reviews tag lack of game support in their reports!

16. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    SimXperience baked in R3E support in their SimCommander software I can't believe they'd have any problem sending over a unit to S3 for a top 5 sim.

17. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    As for all unsupported wheels you need to define different profiles in the wheel's software. It's not really a big deal as you can also Alt-Tab out of the Sim to adjust the degrees of rotation in Simcommander/MMos. Sure, it would be more elegant to adjust all settings inside the sim ;)
    Then, once the rotations is set, play around with the steering lock. This is saved per car, so you are able to create different settings for the various cars. Try 540° and 23 steering lock for the GT3 and 900°/38 for the old Procar or '92 DTM

18. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  19. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    It should.
    However, it requires you manually adding the range of the G29 in the steering_wheels.xml file in the following folder:
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General

To add your wheel I suggest copy-pasting the code for one of the other Logitech wheels, and editing the name, range and device ID (Can be found in your controller profile file). Save the file. After that the automatic steering lock should work.

For wheels from other manufacturers, adding the range manually won't do anything at all.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  20. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    @Hannes Wallstedt when u want i can send u a MomoRacing Wheel, with this wheel i had the same problem!