Problem Double shift issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Friedrich, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I've got a lot of problems with double shifts, mostly when downshifting (I think, that's because I do quicker downshifts before corners, than quick upshifts). The WTCC Moscow Challenge was nearly undrivable for me....
    I don't want to call it a "bug", but for me it's sure a big issue!

2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I will check my settings as soon as possible and will report you back!

4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Strangely back in december i had huge problems with double shifts during downshifting. Especially in the Fanatec competition.

This evening a gave it another try and i was driving in 6 competitions. To my surprise ....... not a single double shift. So all worked as it should. I don't know why i had these problems some weeks ago. I don't have changed my steering settings since then.

5. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I forgot about looking up my settings, but I've done some WTCC online race this weekend and there were nearly no double shifts, perhaps one or two within 2 hours... but I will try to reproduce it with the Lada at Moscow Raceway...

6. kris-24

kris-24 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to Thomas I've been redirected in this thread.
    I use paddle shift for shifting and the h-shift setting in the advanced settings is obviously set to OFF (I also checked to be sure). Despite h-shift setting is set to OFF, I have this same problem, but while upshifting, not downshifting. As I suggested in the https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/gear-shift-debouncing.158/#post-1179 thread, dev team has to insert in the settings a "gear shift debouncing" parameter, whose task is to "ignore" an eventually second gear change input command in a certain period decided by the user, because this problem is due to paddles shift, which sometimes send to steering wheel input command controller two (or more) consecutive gear change commands while the user push them just once!

The result: still today, at EVERY RIDE in any circuit, I experience it twice of three times! It's totally useless to explain how annoying it is, since you'd already imagine it!

We all hope you will take a workaround!

Thank you all for your support!

Christian

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. pinor27

pinor27 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Same problem for me, use wheel logitech dfp but to me it happens when downshifting and only DTM '92.
    I tried it with a pad xbox 360, manual transmission, and the problem is not there.
    :(

8. ash terry

ash terry New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i also have this double shift problem, i have checked my hardware on another game and all seems fine, i'm using the fanatec csr elite.
    I also updated my drivers and it made no difference. a serious problem!
    so far i've had this problem in the mustang dtm 1992, very bad in this car maybe 2 out of three laps it happens either on the up or down shift, also very occassionally in the 2013 merc DTM car!

9. ash terry

ash terry New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried the ADAC competition last night in the mclaren and all was well , but the raceroom competition still double shifting, not sure what more to say other than the last thing you want on a simulator your competing on is a glitch that stops you competing.!

10. NightStalk3r

NightStalk3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Having the same issue at the moment, pretty much every downshift is a double, triple or even quadruple downshift making the game unplayable, every other sim on the market has a setting to cure this so come on S3 catch up.

11. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Shifting problem for me as well in the past

12. pinor27

pinor27 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to reopen this topic but the situation for me is 'worse, the problem now there 's also the adac 2014 and also in the events online competition.
    I tried to reinstall the drivers logitech, created a new profile control logitech dfp in the game but I have not solved, this problem is 'only with Raceroom.
    i can only use the automatic transmission, but I do not like, is 'frustrating I hope you find a solution :(

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Guys, could you confirm that double-shifts happen in multiplayer rather than singleplayer? I have such feeling I never experienced it in single player but in multi I even burned an engine

14. pinor27

pinor27 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    in my case unfortunately happens online and offline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    The same here, it happens in singleplayer and in multiplayer.

16. Sven Stöcker

Sven Stöcker Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem.

17. pinor27

pinor27 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    important news' for me!!!!
    yesterday the problem for the first time is 'presented in Assetto Corsa and other sim :eek:.
    in truth 'on Raceroom and' much more 'frequent that in AC, perhaps RR3 'more' sensitive command, but the problem there !
    then I check my steering wheel from a friend Technical and if and 'a technical problem I apologize to Sector 3 :oops:
    for those who have the problem I recommend to check the switch gear
    probably is breaking :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, I use AC, do not have shifting issues.
    Driving in R3E I can not get the H-shifter to work properly.
    I use flappy pedals because of it.

No work around?

19. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Oh, sorry I misread.
    The sifting problems discussed here are with the flappy pedals.
    I am misshifting when using the H-shifter.

20. pinor27

pinor27 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi, before disassembled the steering wheel i did a simple test: reassign controls gear shift
    to other buttons on the steering wheel and everything works fine, if you do the same test
    you can check if the button is breaking.
    I disassembled the wheel, the button will be replaced and 'quite simple, there are several online tutorials, i put a picture button logitech dfp to replace:
    http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=289v1a1&s=8

Now I have to find the parts and replace :)