Problem Purchase Error

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gustavo, Sep 25, 2015.

1. simonp

simonp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have often bought things that have not lived up to expectations (e.g. a bad CD or book) that have been money "wasted" but nothing has been stolen. At the moment I have nothing to show for my money and so it is "wasted". From the ongoing issues I read about the purchase system and the fact that the game menus are slow and unresponsive (i.e. I click a button and nothing happens sometimes) I may well not continue with this sim and so for me the money would be "wasted". At no point did I mention or even insinuated that my money had been stolen or fraud committed, so lets make that very clear.

As I have said I have raised a ticket and will of course wait for the response before making a full judgement, but you have to admit that as a first impression it is not good. I have had a bad experience before even being able to try the product fully, which would be enough to put most people off. As with many things in life first impressions count.

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

I will go through all the tickets sent during the weekend today.

3. supb

supb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday and today I am unable to purchase any content. I tried purchasing Spa, and I get all the way to confirm purchase, but then I am stuck with a message saying "please wait while we are connecting with the game", which will cycle endlessly until I ctrl-alt-del out of it. On a positive note, I have not had vrp credit deducted like some of the other people in this thread. Anyone have any suggestions ??

4. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Enable Steam Overlay (Config -> in game -> Enable the Steam Overlay)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    or as an alternativ: open a WebBrowser --> enter the URL http://game.raceroom.com/ --> login with your R3E-Account.

There you will see your Profile and on Top a Button that leads you to the store. Those sites are exactly the same as ingame. The Game is having an internal WebBrowser that opens these WebSites.

Before buying you can Buy some vRP directly from the Publisher and get a decent discount: http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/list_page?cat=17

But note - you will need a new Account on that site. It is not the same account that R3E uses.
    After you've bought vRP there, you will get an emal with a redeem-code. The redeem-code must be entered in the Store where you buy the content. On the top of it you see the actual amount of vRP on your Account. On the right side of it, press the little arrow and drop-down-list opens with the button for the redeem-code.

6. Darksider

Darksider New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is getting out of hand. I, like many here, met with problems when trying to purchase content at the store. Tried to purchase Bathurst multiple times yesterday, taking advantage of the discount, both in game and on R3E store and every damn time i click on the purchase button nothing happened. Tried to purchase right up to 2am last night (UTC+8 Malaysia Time) and finally give up and went for sleep. Today Bathurst was not on discount anymore. (And if you're trying to say i was my fault for not knowing about the discount earlier, well you're wrong as the discount for Bathurst and the ongoing sale for Raceroom Hillclimb and Hockenheimring was not notified at both Sector 3 and R3E's Facebook page. (they did that with Suzuka discount previously, that was how i was notified of the discount and immediately purchased) Its been a pretty busy week for me and only yesterday i've got the luxury to boot up R3E).

If you're gonna sell an item, at least you have to ensure you have a proper store and can work reliably. This is not the first time i've met with problems purchasing R3E contents. Contents failed to appear after deducting VRP (refunded the next day) and purchased content only appearing after few hours from purchase.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, sad that you had trouble with shopping in that store - definitely understandable disappointment ... Strange that some problems occur with shopping during the last weekends... Make sure to add @Sonat Ozturk and @Hannes Wallstedt to your post and open an Helpdesk-Ticket. Maybe they can do something for you...

8. Neal Jackson

Neal Jackson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everything I've purchased for R3E has been through Steam. I don't remember trying to purchase anything directly from you. But I do remember stopping a transaction because of purchase requirements. I wasn't comfortable so I stopped. The info I didn't agree with came up on the confirmation page so I had already given my credit card info. I'm sure you'd like to know but I don't remember what put me off. I was not interrupted by an outage, though.

Regards, Neal

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  9. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    We do not handle credit card details at all, so if it was related to RaceRoom Racing Experience it must've been from our publisher (such as their Virtual Store). They do not frequent these forums much though.

The investigation into our recent store troubles are ongoing. There were some issues fixed last week, but obviously there are still some bugs crawling around in there. I will continue to answer any tickets that come into the help desk, as quick as I can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I purchased some liveries (Silhouette, prototype) after yesterday's update and they show as owned in the shop but don't appear in the sim, is this a known issue? seeing as a similar thing has happened before.

Still no sign of liveries and I can't login to helpdesk, so cannot produce a ticket to let you know, just hope when you're sipping your coffee on Monday morning you come across this thread!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  11. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can't purchase the silhouette skins for the for the free Cahnard at all. I get a message "nothing to buy". Weird since I know I don't own it. Just store updates issues? Not a big deal just a little frustrating.

12. creative220168

creative220168 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Error 503 Service Unavailable

13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    that's not a purchase error. that is due to an instability in the server that the devs are looking at now.

note that this error is not client side so trying again later will usually let you in.

14. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just a thought everyone... I think when there is server maintenance needed it is done in the late night / early morning of the European time zone which is where most players are (it's mid afternoon where I am, while its 4am in Europe).

For those of us in other time zones these server shut downs are inconvenient but we'll just have to live with them from time to time... let's hope they are doing some good work on those pesky servers!!!! ;)

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    503 is not maintenance it is a processing/overcrowding error

16. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    oh... ok - thanks