Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    So far, I'm sadly not impressed by the update, I've now got some strong centering force that kills the fidelity in the FFB, can't feel the road texture as well as before and traction loss is less prominent. Only tried the Z4, SLS and M1 procar so far, need to tinker with the settings some and see if I can get it feeling good again.

2. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Try a re-install then.

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Holy #$@# ... That's a massive update !! Amazing work guys !! Above and beyond what i was expecting!
    The only downside i think is the leaderboard wipe. So empty now in there :p .

4. Matteo Stirati

Matteo Stirati Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just tried and I'm impressed. Before I didn't touch the adac2014 because of the handling, especially the audi, after this update not only the FFB is much better (clusport V2 with formula rim) but finally I can feel the car connected to the road. Before the update I couldnt drive the audi not even on a straight line because of the massive oscillations in the center, now it's perfect and they are pure joy to drive. Right now I like much more this audi than the one in AC.
    Since I didn't push too much I'm not sure about the grip, right now it feels a lot, they are glued to the road, but again I didn't push any of the car and I'm not a pilot, so I can just say that I'm enjoying this update A LOT.
    On the graphic side, they have finally removed that ugly pointy shadow, now we need proper shaders for the cockpit (something close to Assetto Corsa) and some tweak on the lighting, still feel a bit too flat and simple.
    Months ago AC was my top sim, especially handling wise, with this update RR could be on par if not better! :)
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This is probably old news but the hood reflections moving like every 5th frame is distracting. Makes the otherwise smooth frame rate feel jerky. Is there a fix for this?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Error 2104 all night - game cache verified. No joy - why does this happen every update?

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Ran the servers dry?

8. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    MsportDan, What wheel do you use? I have a Fanatec Forza and the MP4 is a completely different car to what it was.
    I also removed my 2 profiles and started again from scratch and am only using default settings.

9. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting the 2104 error also. I'm reinstalling now and trying again tomorrow. If anyone finds another fix besides the validation (didn't work for me either), please do let us know ;) .

10. Matteo Stirati

Matteo Stirati Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ....ah and the aquila CR1, it's just amazing now to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Error 2104 seems to have magically righted itself for me... I'm goin' racing! :grinning:

12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I can get in, but seems a lot are getting 2104

13. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    The update seems amazing. Wouldn't it be great if all of us could use it?
    Err. 2104

When I saw about the update, me being at work, I was tempted to buy the silhouette cars. I'm glad I didn't.. I would be so pissed by now. Fortunately, I'm not. :p

14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    wow i love the change with the ADAC Audi its gone from my least favorite car in the game too one of my top. also love the new limited setting for real life accuracy.

they feel how i imagine a gt3 car to be easy below the limit and unforgiving if you go over it, that's the point of gt3 cars anyone can drive them. its literally what the class was made for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Alright, now I'm racing. One race and I like it so far. I'm not sure if I like easier GT3 cars and I'm wondering why I can't make the tyres lock, weird.
    One thing for sure, I like Zolder again :D

Edit 1: The new cameras are great.
    Edit 2: It's incredible what you did with the silhouettes, now I want them. ;)

Didn't see it mentioned in log, but I really wish this optimization reached Monza, haven't touched it in a long time (FPS drop) so maybe it's time to give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  16. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Just got a few races in, tried the Silhouette and GT3 class. I really like the changes to the Silhouette class and the GT3 grids are just awesome now :) Good job S3!

17. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    ok finally got in. Handling is much improved. G27 tweaks are unreal - probably the best this game has ever felt now - very predictable handling and FFB. NICE JOB S3!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Last night I was driving the ADAC McLaren MP4-12, ADAC Audi, and SR9 Radical on Bathurst. Driving them again today, here's my thoughts. I reset my FFB and adjusted the overall steering force to something much lower because the default felt like it was clipping like crazy.

The new GT3 physics are great. They feel so much more planted now, and the downshift preventer stops what I used to call "brake turbo" where you could horrifically abuse the gearbox to slow down much quicker than you should in an emergency. The brakes now feel much stronger, almost as if to compensate for that exploit being gone. The biggest difference though, is that the cars no longer feel so so unstable when driving at high speeds in a straight line. Although the GT3 cars aren't quite as "snappy" as I wish they were, I'm really happy with the new physics.

The SR9 Radical's physics are identical, so there's nothing to talk about there. It still slides around like crazy, almost as if it has no downforce in what should be a downforce dominated design.

I was eager to try the new M1. It's very boat-like. I don't remember it being quite this floaty before. It's so floaty that the AI has a lot of trouble keeping it on the line, and in some cases on the track at all. In Bathurst, on the second to last corner, the AI fairly regularly will spin out and completely lose control. It's really fun to drive, don't get me wrong, I just wonder if it's realistic, because I have no basis to go on.

After that I tried the revamped Silhouette cars and Aquila cars.

The Silhouette I never liked, because personally I've never been a big fan of giant turbos in race cars. They're now much easier to drive and grippy in a way that reminds me of DTM cars. I still don't like them, and I still think they're a bit too difficult to drive for a base content free car, so yeah. I still don't care for them.

The Aquila though, is great. There's not too much to say about it because in terms of handling it's very predictable and does exactly what it looks like it should. I'm still sad about the Radicals, but the new Aquila drives similar to what I think the Radicals should. This is a great car, and I hope I see people start racing it online.

Performance is much better across the board. I didn't have any problems running the game before, but now it runs significantly better now, so that's great. I still wish the visual steering wheel would just automatically adjust to the car you're driving, and tapping the back of an AI car is still likely to make you Mario Kart spin out, but overall I'm happy with the progress made here. Thanks Sector 3.

Oh, and a FFB meter would be nice so we could see when the FFB is clipping.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Triple screen? 8GB Version?

Edit: ah sorry dude its 5 oclock in the morning, i have seen now your resolution.

Maxed out shadows too?

20. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Last night I went and what can I say , great update S3 - fantastic feeling with the cars and good performance the graphic .
    Now the Nordschleife may come .;)

It makes a lot of fun this simulation although I have to practice a lot to keep up with these "freaks" can often.
    Now even Ferrari in the game and a dream come true .:cool:

Thank you so much for your WORK!!! Sweden Rules!!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3