Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    A lot of skins had Simbin logos and taglines"More than a game" on then so it was due time to fully de-Simbin-ize R3E.

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Will we still be able to keep the ones we have bought?
    Mostly thinking of the white Ignite livery on the BMW 320 Turbo, and the Zakspeed Capri Boa Box Motorama #4.

3. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    am using a t300 GTE

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I removed the liveries that were on sale with just a different number on them.

Various reasons, one of them being it made no sense to ask to pay for a number.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Not only numbers...:(

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Among others that wasn't just a number.
    But when logged in to the store I still see the old ones as owned.

7. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Found another problem which makes it impossible to get really in touch with the new physik.

Here is a Video for the Problem

As u can seethe CarSetup seems to be broken. U cannot change the differential and the default setup isnt looking like a default one. In our league we got some other guys with the same problem.

So for the failure analyse i can tell u the steps which i already made to fix the problem without a solution:

- veryfing the content (Didnt helped)
    - Ingame default CarSetup (didnt helped)
    - delete the Setting Folder (MyGames-Simbin-RaceRoomRacing Experience install) (didnt helped)
    - reinstallation of the whole R3E Game (didnt helped)

So now im out of ideas and i hope that maybe someone of u have a solution if the problem didnt depends on R3E . If it depends on R3E i hope they can investigate the problem to help us.

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's related to language you use? I've seen someone's stream with exact same problem and he also had R3E in German. I'm not experiencing this and I'm using English.

Still needs to be fixed, but changing language could be temporary solution.

Unless it's just coincidence, and the problem is something else.

9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Some car settings are now fixed because they are IRL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Sascha Brandenburg

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    So after changing to english language the red flickering was gone.

I tested it with the BMW Z4 GT3 and AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA (ADAC GT MASTERS 2014). For my understanding there u have an option to change the differential. And it makes no sense for me that the default setup has different bumpers on the left and right side.

In the WTCC 2014 Pack the Differential changing is working and the default setup has same bumpers on left and right side.

11. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Aww... :( that was actually good for possible team differentiation in Leagues.
    Could have left them there instead of removing completely. The alternate number would have been available if you bought the livery: buy a livery and get two number options.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Left/ right ? You mean Front and rear I suppose?
    Because there is no way to set asymetric value between left and right in R3E.

Front and Rear bumper can be different for a defaut setup, there's nothing wrong here.

WTCC were not updated.
    And WTCC is different car in different series, so there might be different settings (i.e. you can't change Traction control in WTCC as there's no TC in this series)

13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Think the physics changes and handling of the cars are amazing now :D this is one giant leap S3 awesome work I love it.
    did notice that I can't change some of the setings on some of the cars like differential... but then I havn't reseted to default on all cars so might be that ;) GREAT WORK S3 ! and I love the new DTM 2015 :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sascha Brandenburg

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I meant the Sude of the car Setup table so yeah Front end rear .

I know that these are different race series. But this fact told me that this isnt an User Interface problem and depends on the race series itself.

And the splitter isnt changeable ,too. No change for differential and no change for splitter on a gt3 car seems to me not really right.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Kelvin van der Linde talked about what is restricted in gt3class in the dev stream and he talked about differential, gears and wings I think.
    I tought about the splitter earlier sometimes because there is nothing to adjust at the front. It's not like the rear wing .And if you compare pictures of e.g.the R8 at Monza and Zandvoort there's no change. So no changeable splitter seens right to me.
    I even wonder if it is allowed to change the transmission in gt3 cars. With the update single gears got locked up but the overall transmission is still adjustable. Would be nice if someone who knows it exactly could give an answer:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Leemz

Leemz Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I'll try it tonight.

17. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I want to add:
    -BMW M1 procar doesnt have downshift prevention.

I really hope, there will be a hotfix for the setups (diff change and front wing change) cause I want to drive the new GT3s and dont want to get horrible understeering in Eau Rouge :)

18. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Manual H pattern gearbox on this car

19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    They brought the setup in line with real life. you cant ajust the diff power or coast in real life you cant in game. they also changed the arb options to match the real life settings and now the car starts with much more realistic suspension ranges based on real life instead of on defult.

good step in the right direction for me. now we just need the audi tt to have no settings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm in a happier place tonight than last night, reducing the default 120% lateral forces to 75% made my steering much less a fight against centering and I gained a lot of fidelity back, now I can feel track surface again!
    I suspect that the lateral forces was overpowering the FFB signal into clipping on my wheel, perhaps time to reevaluate the default FFB settings for the CSW v2 wheel after this patch?

Found two anomalies though;
    - Even with "Shift effect" on 0% I can still feel a slight yank in my wheel when shifting (GTR3 SLS AMG), is this intended? Didn't expect feeling that on a RWD car.
    - As mentioned before by someone else, the pitlane on Bathurst has some real nasty spikes, it's like its a gravel road full of pits ^^

• Like Like x 3