Variation of sound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by townnet, Feb 23, 2015.

1. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Here a video you can notice the sound change from the car front view(low pitch) to real view (high pitch).

2. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    R3E sound is impressive but lack of variation, from this video you can hear the sound presence with high pitch from front view to real view. Is possible make the sound change like the video above?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    on the topic of sound an option to turn down gearbox whine (in the cockpit) (I want more roar)
    @Anthony Monteil

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As I said in another thread, I straightened the volume cone between front and rear so volume is weaker from front and louder from rear now, and also on a longer distance. This will come in the next game update ;)

About the gearbox sound option, I think it would make more sense to add a volume slider in the menu, if we would go for it.

Hard to decide which sliders we should implement as there are so many different sounds playing together, and each player has his personal taste, so we would end up with hundred of sliders.

The whine volume also depends on which car you're talking about. Some cars have a very loud tranny whine in real life, which explains why it's loud in the game aswell.

• Like Like x 3
  5. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...Can you leak some video please? :)

6. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I would love for a sound slider for the tranny wine, I think some cars could use a louder sound tranny wise.

7. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I can't post videos at the moment because of some WIP stuff that we can't disclose yet, but don't worry, the wait won't be long and you will hear the difference ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait... Thank you.

9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I'd like a hundred sliders. ;)