Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    bought the dtm pack and its unplayable because raceroom sets the wheel to 450 degrees twice so the ingame wheel is 2x faster than mine.

i have this same bug almost every major update (it wasnt present after the big patch a couple days ago, but at least in DTM 2015 it is). for the life of me i cant recall how ive got it to work. when i start the game if i check my wheel its detecting 900 degrees, its not until i go to a track that its cut to 450 degrees.

2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    ADAC 2013 should not have ABS while ADAC2014 should have ABS because 2013's regulations does not allow ABS.

I agree it is one of the charms of the ADAC2013 as they are quite interesting to drive with no ABS.

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    In pretty sure the cars had ABS in 2013, GT3 was always designed with this in mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I just had looked into the technical regulations of the 2013 GT Masters season. And yes, ABS was allowed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    ADAC have been brought up to real life and Aquila and Silhouette have been made into what they should have been since day one, beginners cars. They're still fun (I think) but much more manageable than before, which is what a lot of people asked for the free classes to be, and rightly so I'd say.

Have a mp race or two with those now, much better races and much more fun.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Set your wheel to the max range (mostly 900) and forget about it. R3E will set the correct wheel range for every class. That means 450 for the DTM 15.

If you use that virtual ingame wheel then its important to set its rotation animation to the same as your wheel. In my case 900... And after that it should be synchron... And Iam sure it is because i tested it some hours ago and it will stay in sync even if you change the steering lock to your liking.

Dont change the steering angle in car setup..! Only the steering lock..!

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    It would be even better if we got full animated wheel rotation, this 90° lock off is so ugly and old looking..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I hope the next patch have a detailed damage System.

• Like Like x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah... would be nice to see a higher rotation-level... In a Preview-video for the Open-Wheeler a Rotation above 90° was shown... so maybe there is something coming in the future...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Matteo Stirati

Matteo Stirati Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Any news and or solution on the error 503?? I can't login into the game from yesterday.

Edit - it works now

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  11. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    What must i set on a Fanatec Wheel! ration to 900 or off

And why set it to 450/13 i dont unterstand this. Have big problem with the wheel set after the update!!!

12. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Off (of Aut if you're on the newer firmware, at least on CSW v2).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    As far as I recall, wheel animation is a full 900° (when applicable of course), only the driver arms are locked to 90° - try turning them off (keeping virtual wheel on) in the options

14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh that is true, but for me seeing a wheel turning with no hands is kinda weird.

15. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    My wheel is disabled because my fov is excelent :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    G27, by any chance? Launch R3E, after mainscreen shows up, hop back to desktop and make sure Logitech Profiler is switched off, then go back to game and then on the shifter: press and hold the 3rd red, the 2nd red and the lower, bottom black buttons, in this order, simultaneously. Three-Two-Bottom.

17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    On the ABS thing, I think Sector3 should simply follow Kunos there: have TC and ABS available in three options: Always switched off. Always switched on (settings made by player). Factory, which is my preferred. Factory means if the real car has the system, the virtual one has it as well, and if the real car has it not, the game does not offer it for that car, too. Right now I am often quite confused on whether there is ABS or not.

---
    Did more driving, and while I am still uncertain on the new physics in DTM and GT3 and M1, I had better experiences with the cars in there that yestersay IK did not try.

I consider the physics pack not to be the giant revolution, more a cautious evolution. All in all I am now slightly more positive about it than yesterday. The heavier feel, the more solid feel of "mass" in DTM cars, definitely is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rubenforos

rubenforos Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I love heavier feel on strength in ffb, I play with ffb so strong. But I can't feel the change of strength from straight to corner (GT3 class).
    On M1 procar, I feel the front of the car too floaty...
    In general IMO the update is very good on fps and performance of game, on physics is good on heavier and strong feel but lose of mass transfer sensation and a bit of asphalt texture is the bad point.
    In general, the car's have been update are more easy to drive and this is a bit bad for me, because I love drive work like countersteering heel and toe carefully whit throttle pedal!
    Two questions please!
    1.- I read few post ago the game have a ffb clipping meter. Where is?!!
    2.- I return to default settings all that cars but I not found the button to return to default the ffb... where is the option in menu?!

Please excuse me for my bad English.
    Many thanks and full throttle for all!

19. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I have a Fanatec CSR and have to set it to 900 on the wheel in every Sim to that the Sim changes the range in the Fanatec Tool by itself. It depends on the wheel as far as i know.

450/13 is the new default thats all. Set the steering lock to 16-18 and it should be ok.

I use 20-22 for the cars with 600.

20. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I think this is what they aim now.
    Giving the IRL thing (at least for "Get Real") : Car that have ABS or TC related to IRL situation.

AC is wrong in some parts, because it alow you to disable ABS with a simple keyboard shortcut while in Factory setting. I don't know any car on witch you can cut the ABS OFF while driving. Some racing car can adjust it sensibility but can believe you would be able to disable it at all (and I don't know any real driver who will want that for racing)