Known Issue Server performance and timeout (503) issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Since the last patch you might have noticed slowness and even timeouts (error 503) within the game. We are investigating what is causing some of our services to hang/freeze which causes these heavy load spikes.

During the investigation, we might turn off some services altogether in order to help with finding the culprit but also to ease the load so you can race with no interruptions.

We are in the process of switching to a new, improved database system that will hopefully solve these problems. However this is going to take a while so in the meantime we will do everything we can to reduce the timeouts you guys are receiving with temporary solutions, even if it means we have to disable some things.

We are also working on reducing certain online dependencies between different systems that will also help reducing these problems.

Our deepest apologies for all the interruptions these server issues might have caused you.

• Like Like x 22
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Id like to say this was occurring before the patch and personally thier has been very little if any increase, just the same ~1 in 10 chance.

good to hear your working on it, also thanks for announcing it this is easy to quote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. creative220168

creative220168 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Здравствуйте, ответ на error 503 Sector3 Студий

Мы в настоящее время испытывают некоторые проблемы с нашими серверами, которые вызывают эти ошибки.
    Фиксация этих проблем является наш нынешний главный приоритет, и мы работаем так быстро, как мы можем решить эту проблему.
    Мы очень сожалеем за причиненные неудобства, вызванные этим.

С наилучшими пожеланиями,

Ханнес Wallstedt
    Sector3 Студий

4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    With all respect man, please use english for your posts.

Ty

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess thats just a quick info (roughly translating Sonat's post) by Hannes Wallstedt.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  6. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    This kind of communications is always appreciated.

7. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear you're on it.
    Hopefully the increase of the problem is actually because of more players.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I would give an update.

We found and fixed the memory leak that was causing memory to get used up on the servers and slowed everything down. So the slow portal and the 503 errors should no longer occur.

We will of course continue improving things in developer environment for the next update.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Good news

Hope it was the last / only leak :)

10. db_99

db_99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just spent a half hour trying to get logged in and got nothing but 503s still.

FYI, I have only gotten the occasional 503 prior to this last update. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread, resetting router, plugging straight into modem etc. etc. Have not successfully connected once since the update.
    Any chance you guys just lowered the wait times before a timeout with this update? :)

11. matou_57

matou_57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Blablabla...Does not work today. Please restore the older version. Thanks...

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    what? hmm... I'm just playing online at the moment and it looks very stable for me... strange

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    All good for me last few hours...

14. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    same here. game is fully enjoyable now :D

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    me too. Snappy menus, no issues (at all), awesome racing. Whatever you did to them it was good

16. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Gotta try and remember it's not all on their side. Some of it could easily be on your side as well. Check your internet connection and speed. In my house if everybody's on line watching vids and playing MMO's I have a hard time getting on. We have kind of integrated a system where we will all pause what we're doing until everybody is on then we can go about our business. Or we have to take turns.

17. db_99

db_99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If anything had changed on my side I'd go with that Gregory but I've had the game since 2012 and with the exception of the menu issues last spring/summer I've never had any issues getting on and playing. It was working the day before the update and hasn't worked since. I've checked my internet connection and speed etc. I've turned every other device on my network off and tried it, plugged straight into the modem to eliminate the router and tried it, all with no luck. I have no issues with any other online games.

Still 503s this morning.

18. Shadow997

Shadow997 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    503 Error here too, as well as Error 12002 and Content Server Error 10060.

19. davidcommons

davidcommons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    been having 503 error for the last week, no improvement here, never had an issue till last week. nothing has changed on my side, same connection, same system setup etc etc..

20. rubenforos

rubenforos Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    This weekend I had long waiting times to connecting to online races, and several of them were hung before finishing.

Thanks for support and hard work!! This sim is AWESOME.