Question Ban/report players - is there a mechanism?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I was just on the multiplayer @ spa practice & qualifying.

I was trying out the BMW M6 GT3 I just got. Only 3 people on the server. No accidents, didn't get in the way of another driver, just chillin and minding my own business.
    Trying to figure out the gearing problem with the M6 GT3 car.
    6th gear redlines at the BEGINNING of the kemmel straight.
    Next taller gear is too tall and cars accelerate away .
    I usually run around 2:20-2:21 in practice, but I'm trying to figure out this M6 and I'm running 2:23-24

Out of the blue, someone named "Sengali" types in chat "You are shit".
    Don't know this guy. never seen him before. He ran 2:22 laptime for qualifying.

This made me think.....
    I'm an admin for first person shooter servers. As such, I have the ability to ban or kick players from servers based on their behavior.

Is there a mechanism like that in R3E?

Additionally, I was in a multiplayer race earlier today and it looked like a couple guys were just there wrecking eachother - for fun - as well as rear ending multiple cars (including me).
    if you're reading this.....DUDE!!!! THERE IS NO WAY YOUR CAR STOPS WHEN YOU BRAKE AT THE 50 METER MARKER FOR TURN 2 AND 3 @ SPIELBERG!!!!!!!

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    His name is Giuseppe Sangalli, also went by the name "The Sanga", and he is infamous for such behaviour, even has been honoured with his own thread: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-sanga-abuse-and-threats.2426/

AfaIk there's no kick/ban function as of yet, but it's been requested some times. So eventually I guess we'll have to have something like this, sadly.

If you go to any person's R3E profile page there's a report button which you can use to file a complaint.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  3. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    yeah that's him.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This idiot hounded me all day yesterday, just waiting for me to come round then rammed me off, gave up in the end. He threw abuse at me constantly and spoilt the fun for everyone, inc Georg Ortner who was in the same race at Spa, the ability to ban has to be added but with that comes more problems, for instance I was in a race the other morning where I was rammed off 3 times and each time I clawed my way back to the pack, out braked myself once, apologised to be told by several to not be so aggressive, all rammers had left server so one mistake could have got me kicked, trouble is rammers just flit from server to server causing chaos, that's where they get their kicks, maybe 3 kicks in a day and you get a 24hr ban but then you fall into the "I paid for it I can do what I want" scenario, hate to say it but don't see a way around it other than closed servers, shame but then as recent events have shown, this world is full of knobs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. philip green

philip green New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi i have just put a question out asking about admin servers this would solve your problem.im sure they could add that option in.

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Every player has a unique Steam-ID. So it should be possible to the RRRE dedi to ban based on this property. Admins need the possiblity to ban by adding players to a ban-list. The ban-list should be ex- and importable so ban-lists can also be exchanged between servers and also between admins. Should be plain text of course and no binary stuff, so you can add new entries from other lists without having double entries. Simple CSV would be cool, can be edited by text editor or with Excel or similar.

7. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Some day it will be implemented

8. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    ban for Giuseppe Sangalli, this user has threaten me few times and of course tried to knock me off the track but unfortunately for him he has failed all his tries

9. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    If the game had an offline mode you could ban him from multiplayer only somehow. That way for the arguement " I paid I want to play". He would get to. Just not at other people's expense. I've seen what he supposedly said to some other players. Technically that constitutes a legal threat where I'm from. I know this for a fact. To say you know where someone lives and I'll get you. That's a legal definition threat that should be taken seriously. I have a friend who is a lawyer and he told me that if the person wanted to push it you could take him to court. Of course this is complicated by where he lives and the laws there. But seriously, make him play offline if you could. Any repeat offenders for that matter. That's not the end of the world but it might end the problem. Till a new one comes along! :)

10. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    As one game has this option, I think RaceRoom missing it hardly.
    I am talking about "Vote to kick" button. Add this icon somewhere in Timing right next to the name and we will deal with them by votes. 51% votes to kick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    except it didnt work in race 07 , and was abused by certain people , i much prefer if you have a problem report them in game , or here , devs will pick it up and pass it on to those who make that sort of decision
    run on league servers , better racing more fun and your supporting another community

Andi

12. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I was afraid to try the multiplayer function. I didn't want to get in the way of other drivers.
    2nd day - Hello Giuseppe!

Now that I've tried it....
    - Hardly anyone uses multiplayer. Sometimes I see TWO people. TWO. I've seen 13 at the most.
    - I can expect to have AI ram me off the track so why deal with threats/verbal abuse too on multiplayer.

I tried to get a buddy to join me in Raceroom. After he saw what happened, he threw his wheel back in the closet.
    So now, no multiplayer.

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The servers are busiest in the evening in Europe - as far as I know, there aren't many US players, so if you're playing in the evening in Indiana most of us EU guys will be tucked up in bed.

Threats and verbal abuse aren't common and as far as I know there are only 2 Raceroom users with a reputation for such infantile behaviour and they're both pretty inconsistent - perhaps Giuseppe had missed his medication. I think you've been very unlucky to encounter one of our resident nut-cases in your first online race, but I don't blame you for being p!ssed off about it. It's infuriating.

Not being on the pace and getting in the way is fine and part of racing, no body (with half a brain) minds and you shouldn't worry about it.

14. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be my luck.

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ai do not ram you like online rammers and to be honest ive only really me a few rammers 90% of players are good and clean (some lack the sense to turn thier heads tho) but only a few just dont break and ram you. i play at american times ~9-12pm for the us and i can get up to 15 people in a server depending on the day of week and class. un fortunatly a lot of us players play in amature but ive still had pleanty of get real races on some days.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to kick someone now ? Dom Dom is ruining everyones lives atm !

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    on what server
    video evidence
    post it in the discord report a player channel

Andi

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Nah fuck that , im not even going back into R3E online ! its just bs that you cant kick someone who is clearly just there to ruin peoples night ! Just go in and ask people there !
    I did start to record it but his name wasnt even showing over his car where everyone elses name was ! Why is that even !

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Video evidence ! Why ? Its clear by the fact there is even a thread made in his name !
    It was the RRVGT.de Nordschliefe server . Ask anyone there what name was ruining there race , there is another on there atm in the 92 Merc doing the same thing but by different name ! Max Crashtappen or some crap !

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. welshy46

welshy46 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    we need a German speaker to report them on the RRVGT forum. Was just there and Dom Dom and a guy in the 92 Merc and another in a yellow car are all ramming people and driving the wrong way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1