Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Today i have updated my FFB settings here -> click

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lads
    I have jumped from WinXP to Win 10 :) and RR3 was on my to do list, can't get my Logitech combo setup to work.
    DFGT wheel / G25 pedals / G27 shift - with Bodnar cables

There are listed as controls but can't select the combo to work, but if I plug in the default DFGT pedals all okay similar issue with Wreckfest. Can I setup a custom profile like rF & SEC to use the combo ?

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you should be able to rebind the controls in the options menu. their is no controller limit i have two whole wheels attached at the same time (one is torn apart as a makeshift button box)

4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reply Shard, new to RRE can I get a how 2 please if possible. I okay setting up controls SEC & rF with just do a custom can't seem to make it work here.

5. TugaPais

TugaPais New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good afternoon some help in configuring the box ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 EU

someone can put neutral? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 it's alright

6. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Update have my wheel combo installed now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello Racer any setup to Driving Force GT Wheel???

8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    these are my settings:
    leave defult setting in profiler (with 900 deg rot) make sure allow game to adjust is ticked.

In game: turn off all canned effects (bottom section)
    top section
    FFB: on
    Invert: on
    Rumble: off
    intensity: 90% (use 70%-100%)
    Smoothing: 0%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Friction: 0% (new tire model) or 15% (old tire model)

for the middle section
    Steering intensity: 100%
    Understeer: 100%
    Verical Load: 100%
    Lateral Force: 80%
    Rack: 0%

9. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I have a thrustmaster ferrari f430 and the ffb does not work.
    The wheel works fine with my PS4.
    I'm using the default profile.
    What can i do?

10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Just got my new CSW V2 up and running, having a bit of a hard time getting it dialed in with R3E. At first I tried settings very similar to @Ernie 's but it was light around the center and incredibly heavy in the turns. I ended up finding that if I dial the FFB Intensity back to around 50-60 and turning the Steering Intensity up to 100+ then the heaviness in the turns wasn't as bad but it got even lighter around center. Turning the FFB Intensity up to 70-80 and having a lower Steering Intensity of 50-60 brought back the heaviness in the turns so I definitely think that's not the right way to go. I'm not entirely satisfied with my current settings but they're useable.

Any suggestions on how to get a more even spread of weight from center to turn? I don't care for a light feeling around center but I'm not sure how to go about getting rid of it (deadzone is at 0). I got AC feeling pretty good but it's a tad light around center too. I'm using the typical on-wheel settings, SEN at auto, FF at 100, FOR at 100, DRI at 3, everything else at 0 or OFF. Could the dampening in the CSW profiler have anything to do with it? I always ran it at 0 with the T300 but I'd read that with the CSW you do want some dampening in the profiler?

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Just an idea. Try to raise the 'Lateral Force'. Maybe i'm wrong, but i think this should give a tighter feel in the center. If the overall FFB becomes too heavy after it, then lower the Intensity (FFB Intensity or/and Steering Force Intensity). At least it's worth a try. :)

12. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ernie, I'll tinker with it. I was messing around with it last night and encountered something frustrating that only happens in this sim, the FFB changes from session to session. I turned some laps in a ADAC car and it felt decent, I could actually feel the suspension moving around (much like what I feel in AC) which is something I've never really felt in this sim on previous wheels and was pleased. Then I made a change in the settings on the wheel, went back on track and the FFB had gone numb, no feedback from the suspension or tires or road, just a generic heaviness. Restarted the game and it was feeling good again, made a change in the FFB game menu and it all went numb again. I've had this happen many times with this sim, I never know what FFB I'm going to get when I turn it on and that's rather frustrating.

Ended up shutting it down and fired up AC for a while. Had an hour long session hot lapping the BMW E30 GrpA at Goodwood and the CSW felt absolutely sublime through the whole session even though I was tinkering with FFB settings.

13. roger

roger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Any set up for fanatec gt2 with the latest update?

14. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had a chance to do any R3E this week, or since the update. My last attempt at it left a bad taste in my mouth with the disappearing FFB so R3E may be sitting on my shelf for a while.

15. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm really trying and wanting to get into R3E but reading this thread is still making me think twice about it. The content for the game is looking really good now, but I'm still struggling to get to grips with the FFB. I know there have been a few updates over the last few months so I'm going to again reset the FFB back to default, remove any rcs files I may have modded in the past and try again. I've got a T500rs with a ricmotech load cell on the brake (of course). The last problem I had was with the new Audi TT at Zolder. The FFB felt delayed at turn in, like the steering wasn't acting fast enough for my inputs. Almost like the speed I was turning the wheel wasn't being followed by the car. I could feel the understeer on corner exit nicely, and I got quite a bit of rumble in a straight line, too much maybe, but the actual turning the wheel felt like I was pulling the front wheels through glue, if that makes sense? Really getting fed up with the other sim at the moment so if I can find a decent setup for the FFB in R3E I'll be trying to entice a few others to come try this with me..... ;)

16. roger

roger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like your wheel's not very reactive try setting it up at 900deg and 33lock or 540deg and 22lock they both work very well i use the 540 with dtm 2014 feels more like a race car

• Like Like x 1
  17. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @roger tried the 900/33 and it did feel much better. So I assume the wheel being set to 900 and the car being less means you need to turn the wheel more?

18. roger

roger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes exactly and the steering lock is the sensitivity

• Like Like x 1
  19. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    So i think it is buggey.
    I have now a DFGT and it works perfectly without specific configuration.:)

20. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this setup. My right shoulder has torn and I can't use my wheel. Was going to throw in the towel R3E wise but this has made things bearable - I'm still struggling to catch the car if it oversteers and my times are way off - any gamepad tips?