Resolved Error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Something weird happened to me last night playing. After racing, I got the"something went wrong" message and dropped to desktop. Since then I can't get in. VPN or not. I have tried a few things, so far, but it is pretty interesting/coincidence that I haven't been able to connect since then. Prior I could connect no problem

2. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ok, so I ran the .exe as administrator and it worked.

3. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I've done a few tests, with many 503 and three successful sessions, and captured the data with Wireshark. If that's of any help, let me know.

I noticed that every success had an HTTP conversation between my system and a server on 5.9.73.*, while on every failure there was no HTTP packets, not even the initial GET request from my PC. That's probably coming from an earlier failure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Here are three examples, two failures vs one success.
    Also of interest: all 8 failures I've checked involve 5.9.73.130 in the TLS stream, whereas my 3 successes involve 5.9.73.131.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  5. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    That is the most annoying thing i experience at a game, everyday that freaking 503 error......
    Leave the audi TT and the rest and fix your freaking servers!!!!
    Im so mad right now, just finish work getting ready to take a spin and relax, but nooooo 503 again!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I hadn't played in a while until today. I got the "backend server issue" when trying to log in. I checked the forums to see if I was alone but unfortunately no. So before I quit I thought I'd give it one more shot. What do you know it worked and I just finished a nice single player race. So if it's any help till they hopefully get it fixed, keep at it! It finally worked for me. Problem on my end is by the time I finally get in I have to quit! I didn't change anything either, I just retried. :)

7. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been able to get on RRE since Thursday. Kept getting "Error 503, Backend Services Not Available" message. I was starting RRE through the CrewChief V3 app. I took your suggestion & ran RRRE.exe as an administrator & it loaded right up!! Thank you!

**UPDATE**
    Well it worked until I tried to load a race. Then it crashed with an "Error 13" message. Tried to reload RRRE & now I'm back to the "Error 503" messages. Uggghhhhh....

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  8. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It seems that servers have random problems. While I can play right now and I will exit the game I won't be able to play it immediately. It's a strange issue because I can always enter into the game but sometimes it just reminds me that I have purchased a DLC from the Steam and it's only valid for that account. When I press OK I have to enter my username and password. When I try to hit login I simply can't. I can only click on the exit to desktop.

9. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's definitely a matter of retrying until it passes for single player. If it takes more than a few seconds, chances are it will fail - I'd rather have it the other way round but that's how it is ;)

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah, something really odd is going on and it is like one random change on the client side makes it work...sometimes. Too many variables.

11. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    In this case it worked for me to clear the files in the cache folder:

...\Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache

I have to do that everytime I want to start the game otherwise happen what you described, and than after the race there is a 50/50 chance to get a server not reachable message and can only get to the desktop or get back to the gamemenu.

But in all cases there is no statistic logging.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Wanted to post a quick note in here, I was able to run the game Sunday for the first time since Tuesday/Wednesday. I was in a single player race with the AI checking out the new GTR3 cars with everything operating normally. The session was set with just qualifying and a 15 minute race. While in qualifying, I clicked "End Session" after doing approximately 3 laps (returning to the pits a couple times with 1/4 - 1/2 completed laps) causing my NVidia display driver to crash. I had to force close the game through the Windows task manager. Upon restarting the game, I ran into Error 503 again. It's entirely possible it isn't related but also might be, either way it doesn't hurt to at least have the information even if it ends up being irrelevant.

DXdiag attached in case it ends up being relevant.

Quick System rundown:
    Windows 10 x64
    24 GB RAM
    Intel Core i7 3770
    NVidia Geforce GTX 970

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I too are getting the 503 error...oh, well, S3S will fix it eventually...until then I will just go and race one of my many other Sims I have installed :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Klaus-Peter Köthke

Klaus-Peter Köthke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    they the received also with me still the 503 error, I hope that it times out

15. Alex Attaergo

Alex Attaergo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

same behaviour happened to me yesterday in singleplayer, but the client has not crashed, the video has not crashed, my wheels drivers went nuts and i had to physically reconnect the wheel....

16. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Im very anoyed because I love this game and is the only one Im playing now and due to this error i cant play it please fix this soon

• Like Like x 1
  17. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    For me the only way to start the game is to reboot my pc everytime i want to play!!!
    Thank god for SSD :D
    Pffff thats so bad for a very good game otherwise!!!

18. Atlas

Atlas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys I might have a temporary fix for the problem.

1. Go to http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/
    2. Choose any cr and hit "Test Drive"
    3. Click yes to any popups that appear (With me its just a popup from Steam and Chrome)
    4. The game should start fine and take you in to the Test Drive. Just go back to the main menu from there and you should be good

Let me know if this works as it has worked every time for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Is better to buy new servers, then always to restore the old

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. zeefix

zeefix New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't work for me. It seems to be a random problem. Sometimes game works, mostly it does not. I tried all the tips that occured
    here (R3E was running very well on my pc, until the last patch appeared.)