Known Issue Server performance and timeout (503) issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 29, 2015.

1. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So you make a racing game that people should be able to play at nights and on their weekends, but it turns out that this game doesn't work at nights or the weekends, but the creators of the mess do get to enjoy their nights and weekends playing other games? Is that what you mean? Really? The normal thing would be, if you developed something which screwed up what used to be a very stable platform, you spend day AND night and weekends until you fix it. There are people who have paid good amounts of money to buy all your software versions, every year, every new edition, every track pack, every car pack. And since your game only runs only and the server is unavailable, this is a big fraud because you can't even use what you paid for. And you don't care? What kind of company is that?
    I have been posting here every night and I have sent my support ticket, and still, I don't get any response from the responsible people of this mess. If they were a serious company, they would have already ESCALATED this issue to someone else within the company with a higher rank and they would have contacted me.

But with an ongoing problem for almost 3 weeks now and seeing no interest from them it makes me feel really disappointed and upset.

Back in the times when the original GTR2 was being released (2003-2004?), I was probably the first one in the American continent to get copies of the game, still in German language, for my racing centre. I got the CD's, t-shirts, caps, posters, etc. from the SIMBIN marketing team. Bruno Junqueira played it at my place and he loved it, I gave him the CD's of the game so he could play it when at home.

So, I go a long way back with SIMBIN. And it is freaking disappointing seeing what it has become. A company that just doesn't care about his loyal customers....

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Don't let your frustration cloud your good sense. Your life won't be miserable just because you can't play a game during the week-end, there are other things to do and if you insisted enough, you could still play it offline, it was just a bugger since you had to try several times (now it's fixed).
    If developers had to work during the weekend though, it wouldn't be quite the life I'd choose. I'm not sure whether you have any notion about that or not, developer is usually hard work already as it is, quite a stressful life. If you want such a team to perform, you have to keep them motivated and fresh, that won't do to keep them at the office instead of seeing their family. You'll understand me later when you have a job, believe me.
    That being said, I'm pretty sure some of them at least did work, just for your comfort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reminding us of what's normal...
    Btw, did/do you have permission to use their software commercially?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    That's some very thick clouding, considering s3s had replied here, even has the problem highlighted very visibly. So saying they don't care is not true.
    s3s is not simbin... It is the developers life who is more impacted by issues like this, than yours. As if simbin going bankrupt is not enough of a hint that the developers of most games do not swim in money...
    For sure you probably have bought other things in your life that partially broke.
    Is it not ideal that you got no personal ticket reply, sure but the devs are open about the very issue here. Which is easy to find about.

Bigger companies with far more money and engineers have issues like this. It's the nature of things. It's not like we depend on this game, but the devs depend on their job... You do this type of job for the love of it, not for the money.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well the problems from @artvegam3 seems not to be related with the Problems started last week. So it's for sure a bit frustrating for him that he can't really play since the last update.
    Unfortunately last week some other issues came up that not only effect one person but all users. So it is some kind of normal that his issues were a bit lower in priority than the other.

I'm pretty sure that @Sonat Ozturk will have a look at @artvegams problem when the situation is back to normal.

The aspect - working at Night/Weekends can only count if the trouble is all up your side. If you need help from another companie like provider, hardware-reseller, parcel-service, etc. all your affords are lost as long that companie doesn't work during that times...

As I'm working in a similar business and having some of those situations in the past I can definitely tell you that this is pain in the ass - and if you are forced to do something... happy burnout...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Of course I did. Happy?

7. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Funny.

8. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Yes, if there is an issue on my side, at least I would like to get some hints on what to look for. Because, like I mentioned before, I have no problems at all with streaming from Netflix/Hulu, I can play iRacing (online only) and all other games that are on Steam platform. The only one that gives me trouble is this. And it never gave me any trouble in the past, until they did some updates, so that makes me think that is definitely on their side. And I'm making all this noise as an escalation, because with one simple post or ticket I would not get any response. I do have a life and enjoy everything I do, but I also hate to see poor customer management. And yes, I've also been on the other side of the fence too.
    Cheers.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Which part of my statement exactly are you disagreeing with, the question or the part where I thank you for enlightening us?
    You're acting like a five-year old.

Some pretty big words for a five-year old, you sure you know what you're accusing them of?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So far, I have not insulted anybody on this thread. So, please don't start going that path.

All I'm asking is the solution to a problem that I have been reporting every day since almost two weeks ago and on which I haven't received any support. If I buy something and I'm unable to use it I have the right to claim for support or get a refund. I don't care about the money, but I'm asking them to fix the issue. I have listed all the facts before. So if there is anything on my side that I need to fix, I would like to get some help to figure it out.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And this
    is the way you think will help you achieve that? Think about that, then you might understand why I "insulted" you.

If you've been here for several weeks, why haven't you read any other threads? There are several statements from Sonat regarding recent errors and issues in this thread: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/error-503.3155/page-9#post-40846 and he even responded to your post in this very thread, which honestly has turned into your little ranting cave. Just read the last few pages and tell me this is "normal" behaviour.

Why they didn't put all effort into solving YOUR problems? You're the loyalest of all loyal customers and hence deserve a vip treatment, we get it. But just maybe they rather put their time and energy into solving the issue (for everybody) than giving you hourly updates on how things are going. I'm sure Sonat (or the helpdesk guys) will get back in touch with you once the general issue is resolved and if it then still persists on your side. Until then, give 'em a break, small team, focusing efforts on what's most important (which isn't you, even if you may think you are).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't give a ratt's ass for what you think or what your "recommendations" are.
    I see that I'm not the only one with the issue, and I see people expressing their anger also, so by focusing on solving the 503 error, they would not only be solving "my problem".
    And if I have chosen to report every night the same issue, it is my way for escalating the issue to them and see if someone finally reaches out to support me, which is what they are supposed to do. Sonat reached out to me last week but didn't provide any specific time for the teamview session, I wrote back to him and he didn't respond. He just PM'd me this morning, so I'm expecting to finally get an answer tomorrow early morning.
    I don't care if they are small company or big company, if you provide a service, you should provide good customer service. I reported this issue first on Nov. 7th and is now 24th.

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Like I didn't already know...
    Again:
    [​IMG]

6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
    THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BESIDES THE WARRANTY PROVIDED UNDER ITEM 4 OF THE EULA. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RACEROOM AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCT AND EACH AND EVERY PART THEREOF. WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RACEROOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT IT WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, NOR THAT IT WILL REPAIR ANY ERRORS IN THE PRODUCT. (http://game.raceroom.com/en/about/eula/)

This is what you agreed to when you accepted the EULA, which I'm sure a thorough person like yourself has studied carefully before agreeing.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  14. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Really "nice statement".
    Just take that stupid 503 error, and deal with it.
    Can´t you use the game? Your problem.

NEW MEMBERS? NEW SALES? DON´T THINK SO

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's like talking to a special ed class in here sometimes...
    So what, you've never read any EULA? This is a standard clause in most EULA's, nothing particularly evil or fraudulent in this.

Well, it's been resolved for most users... Doesn't that make you think? If it works for most and only some individuals experience issues it's obviously not a general error on the developers/publishers side, otherwise it wouldn't work for anybody, would it?

And even those individual issues are being investigated but marching in here like a derp, demanding an immediate fix and accusing of fraud is just way beyond any reasonable thought and obviously not based on what everybody agreed to when accepting those TOS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  16. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: @Christian Göpfert : Please let's stop the non-sense discussion here... (I even removed my previous message which was a direct response to your last message).
    I already got Sonat to help me on Skype/Teamviewer (I stayed up until 1:30 AM) but unfortunately at that time we couldn't find what the issue is. I will try some other tips he suggested and I will post another update once this is fixed, hopefully it can help others as well that may be having the same issue.
    Thanks @Sonat Ozturk

• Like Like x 2
  17. artvegam3

artvegam3 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk the issue has NOT been fixed yet. I sent you a PM yesterday. I tried turning off the Norton antivirus but that doesn't do anything. The issue is still somewhat random. Last night I was able to access the games after a couple of attempts, but not tonight, I tried 5 times at 11:00 PM US CST and all I got was the 503 error.