understand the adjustment, guide??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seb S15, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sector3,
    I would like to understand how some criterion of adjustment please.

I do not understand everything and I feel that some adjustment will change anything

[​IMG]

-aerodynamisme:
    the arrows on the right for example, increases the support aero ?? and conversely ??

-pincement:
    the more there are, the more the wheels will be ??

-differenciel, preload:
    that this changes exactly ??

thank you for help

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Some guides out there on racedepartment forums from Race 07 that are help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seb S15

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sean Kenney,
    thank you, I'm going to look, I understand better now,
    but I would like to know what are the effects of arrows for aero, right to increase ??
    and mean precisely the precharge ??

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Seems kind of odd that we have to look on another forum for a guide to this forums own game lol.

My issue is that none of the adjustments I've made to any of the cars I've driven appear to do anything or if it has, the effects have been minimal. Any advice for a new member to the forum?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    imagine it's liken looking on f1 2012 fourm for info about f1 2014 its kinda the same thing only the games are better.

6. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry but have to disagree with you on this one:)
    Can only speak for DTM 2014 cars, have not fully tried the ADAC series, but can say there is a difference between the 3 brands. Maybe it has to do with my driving style but the Audi suits me best. Now trying the Bmw which i like more than the Mercedes.
    Higher wing gives you more downforce and the braking zone is shorter.
    Other settings you have to adjust and try it a few rounds.
    But also there is still some work to be done around this.

At this time it does not feel a 100% realistic and possibly/hopefully they are working on this.
    If it is already complete, then for me its ok;) I am satisfied with my times.

Also the competition @norisring DTM 2014 gives me another car setup than the previous compo @norisring.
    Seems that this is still under development.

But this is just how i sense/feel this sim;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Yeah there are lot of guides out there, which are explaining the settings generally, but they are not explaining how those settings affect the cars in each individual game. RRE should have has its on guide, becuse each and every game handels these setup options differently. Like before, for GTR we got a very good detailed guide how to set up the car. Also for the early F1 games got pretty detailed guides (as i remember for GP3 there was a 60-70 page guide).

Good example is the rear wing. As SH3V1974 mentioned it gives more downforce and can shorter the breaking zone, but at the same time it can affect the rear break temperature, the top speed, the acceleration, and can cause understeer as well. Are these effects all implemented in RRE or not? Who knows... thats why i would prefer to have a guide for RRE (and every single racing game).

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I think I've probably been a little spoiled, this is my first venture into PC sim racing, I've come from Gran Turismo where despite the setup adjustments working backwards or not at all (anyone who's played it will know what I mean when I say, what is camber? lol), but, it has descriptions of what parts were supposed to do and how adjustments were supposed to affect the car in the setup menu, that was good.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not comparing GT6 with RRE, there's no going back to GT after this, but we can take the good points from other "sims" (i use the term loosely) to maybe benefit RRE can't we?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yeah they definitely make a difference. I'm learning setups myself right now. The first one i really noticed was rear wing. If you are tail happy, jack up the rear wing and you will notice big difference in the car staying firmly planted on turn exits. Or lower the wing and watch your straight away top speed increase 4-5 mph in some cars. Brake bias is another if you are manually downshifting while braking it's easy to see a difference - higher percentage = less likely rear end will come unglued on downshift under heavy braking. It's taken trial and error for me, and alot of time on the same track hotlapping trying to gain time and seeing the results. I'm still trying to figure it all out!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I also would like to see more of these settings explained.
    Like said above some are understandable but for some it is more difficult.

Got some tutorial an Racedepartment which is very useful and is explained well.
    However when competing @Hungaroring with DTM 2014 cars my toe in front and rear were @ 1.00 which gave me my best lap time.
    That setup guide stated to not mess with Toe.
    Toe values away from zero will make you slower.
    Hmmm not in my case.:p

Maybe some DTM drivers can be asked to help to setup a guide.
    They are fast enough in the compo`s:D so they can give us some feedback:)

11. Dunky

Dunky Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Most DTM competitions you can get in the top 20 without doing a setup. I came 15th in the last DTM competition (
    Hungaroring) with no idea how to set up a car.

12. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed that some GT3 requires quite a few lower clicks on the rear wing in order to be much less understeering.
    I usually start with the diff, I feel it's important to control the acceleration and deceleration first. :)

13. PaulH

PaulH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    from where can I see the tire temp and so adjust the camber?

15. PaulH

PaulH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure you can't at the moment, not ideal when setting up a car, hopefully we may see it in the next update?

16. haubi1603

haubi1603 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    A Setup Guide espacially for R3E would ne Great!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Add description/explanation in the R3E setup page would be great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Seb S15

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    hope in a future update:)

19. Anthony Cicciarelli

Anthony Cicciarelli New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yea, a setup guide would be great I'm trying to move to get real and my times are much slower as the car is much sensitive to me. It would be nice if someone posted a few setups as a starting point to try. I understand everyone needs to fine tune for there driving style. I just want a starting point and to get a basic understanding of the setting and adjustments.

20. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I have one.. I've tried to cut the complexity down and concentrated on the basic handling. I'll get it edited for Raceroom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1