Default Verticle Load FFB?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von MsportDan, 10. Dezember 2015.

1. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i tried a gtrx car the p4/5 and ffb it was awful..

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, agree, but you think the ffb is awful in r3e....so par for the course. In general those cars haven't had much done to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    You know I've had similar FFB issues as yourself and have been quite vocal about it, but I think things are moving in the right direction. DTM '15 feels much better - less meandering, tighter feel around the centre. The cars with updated physics certainly feel better through a wheel than they did before.

That said, I don't believe R3E will ever be 'class leading' in the FFB department, and that's being polite about things. I'm not convinced R3E has quite as much going on under the hood compared to other sims. There just isn't that level of 'feel' and communication you get from rF2's FFB, for instance.

4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i did if you kindly read my first post i quite think the opposite now. The newer cars are pretty good actually. Hence my questions as to what classes have actually been updated. Especially if they are going to add slip effects, i think rRe ffb could be up there with the best. canned or not.. but i dont really care to much for if a sim has canned effects or not. :)

but i also have problems with rf2 ffb, epsecially with the lower forces which makes the cars feel on ice in slower corners. All sims i think have issues whatever they maybe. But at the end of the day what can you class as realistic ffb, other than driving a real car.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Hey, just saying my feelings on the issue too! Glad you're kind of at peace with R3E now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that post was for sean sorry mate... and meant politely. :) Evn though the ffb maybe need work whe your sitting in the cockpit and you experience the audio RRE gives out, it pretty much feels like your in one of these monsters. Its not all about ffb...

but hey you chaps know this already :)

Ive had a bit of a rethink how i approach these sims now, after winding myself and many others on forums with my thoughts. I try to look at each sim not being perfect and taking for what it is. Yes i will criticise sims and hopefully help develop them, but its pointless slagging off devs and their hard work.

Will get us nowhere.

and at the end of the day, what is the perfect sim... all have their faults :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That's not totally right... When we let little tweakings in the Physics-Engine aside, we have now three generations of Physics in R3E. The first when it was released to public, the second came with the release of Audi 90 GTO and WTCC13 and everything that follows (DTM92 included). With the Oktober-Update we now have the third generation which is now applied to the classes, that Pixeljetstream mentioned (Aquila, Silhouettes, M1, GTR3 and ADAC, DTM 2015).

So for example DTM92 or GTR2 are still using the second Generation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and the new FFB came with that 3rd gen update?

@Georg Ortner
    Talking of FFB when can we expect old packs to be updated,, i love the daytona and the radical (which i bought) and now seem redundant. Would love to see old cars updated rather than new content, there is enought to keep the avid sim racer busy for now. Would you agree?

Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 11. Dezember 2015
  9. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    R3E is hands-down the best 'racing' sim out there as a single player experience, even though it lacks some core features. It may not have the best physics or FFB but it conveys the feeling of being sat in a fire-breathing race car like no other. Great AI, loads of content, no crappy mods to worry about. It's the best all-round package for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - but that was not really a new FFB... it is an effect from the physics-engine that made the ffb-feeling of the car more direct.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    RRe (as i said to george) has the best motorsport soul of most sims. It just feels like your at a race weekend smelling and hearing these wonderous machines. If only S3 could invent a device to chuck the smell of burning oil and rubber in your face as you play lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    p.s while im getting answered here, does anyone know whether they will bring the full GP circuit to brands hatch. Possibly the only reason i could buy AC dlc 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    No word on the full brands as of yet

14. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - unfortunately haven't heard anything about it... keep the fingers crossed - i'm waiting for it too... The map already seems to be there (you can see the rest of the track when flying very high with the free-cam). But it needs to be filled with life...

15. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    All I want for Christmas is: "we're working on the Brands Hatch GP layout".

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Well prepare to get socks again or this.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Already got one of those so socks it is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Great to hear about the new FFB and tyre stuff coming down the pipeline. Whilst on the subject of tyres, is there any chance of implementing dirt pickup and flatspotting? At the moment there's little ongoing penalty for offroad excursions and big skids/lockups.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    DTM 15 and Audi TT both have dirt pickup. I'm not sure if the GT3's do or not.

20. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    As far as i know only DTM15 and TT...