T500RS and TH8A Shifter question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gareth Smith, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Let me start by saying this is likely to be a really stupid question!
    I recently upgraded my Thrustmaster Tx to a T500RS. The TH8A connected to the Tx directly and allowed me to choose the paddles or shifter on the fly, but now with the T500RS the TH8A is connect to the computer and I have to change the assignments to be either the wheel or shifter in the controller settings. Is there anyway I can configure both to be available as before? I realise they are now separate devices but not sure if I'm missing something here.

Thanks!

2. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I have both of those controllers and they work just fine. Just edit your T500RS profiles and set H-shifter gears using TH8A. When driving, depending on the car, just select H-shifter on or off in controls advanced menu and you are good to go.

3. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I use a T300 + TH8A but it only worked when the shifter is plugged in to USB, also noted by Thrusmaster.

I use 3 profiles (which I copied and renamed, in the My Documents folder) and I can switch really quick between, H-pattern, paddle and seq stick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    if i understand your question correctly, the answer is no... which means you always has to go out to the settings menu and turn on/off h-shifter depending you want to use the paddles or the shifter, you cannot change them on fly, or use both at the same time....
    but probably my information not up to date tho, i didnt use my h shiter since a while....

5. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Excellent, works a treat. Thanks!