Released Audi Sport TT Cup

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Nov 26, 2015.

1. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its not the cars handling, but he way the ffb conveys back to the wheel. When you turn it feels like the front end just floats. Hence the saying boat like. Alsmot like there is a delay in what you do on the wheel.? but as said i havent access to setup.

Now i have a dilema either AC dlc 3 or RRe dtm ?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Easy, R3E DTM! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    AC DLC 3 or RRE DTM 2015? Doesn't sound like much of a dilemma to me ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    It's quite bizarre that some people feel the floatiness and some don't. I've been a floater since the beginning and it initially led me to dismiss the sim after a few brief outings. That was with a GT3 RS V2 wheel, I upgraded to a T300 and the floatiness was a lot less but still there. Like Dan said, it almost feels like there's a delay between your inputs and the car reaction, and even when the car did react it was very slow to do so, almost like it was slightly hydro-planing. I never feel this in any of my other sims, the reactions are quick and precise.

Now I have a CSW V2 and I really don't feel any floatiness at all with any of the cars and for the most part the FFB feels fantastic (though the CSW requires a complete rethink of the FFB settings). Raced the WTCC '14 cars on Saturday, these were some of the worst floaters for me previously but now they're a treat to drive. I'm not really suggesting that the wheel has something to do with the floaty feeling as I've seen people with all kinds of wheels say they do or do not feel it. But at least on my system the floating was a definite thing on my other wheels.

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    A full series with all the tracks and excellent physics, AI and sounds...or a bunch of random cars, with poor AI and one (admittedly, excellent) track?

No-brainer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Another way to look at it is, buying cars I've already paid for twice in the past...or a laser-scanned version of one of the greatest tracks in the world where you can actually drive on the full GP layout instead of just viewing it from a sky cam (with a few random cars included, admittedly only a couple of which are interesting). :p

That's not really how I feel, just playing devil's advocate. Personally, I'll be buying both once Santa puts some holiday coin in my stocking. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    If Kunos sold Brands Hatch separately I would buy it in a heartbeat but as the pack contains a lot of stuff I'm not interested in, I will await a sale.

A definite positive of the R3E business model - you can just buy the bits you want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    There is currently a free competition with the M1 which allows you to adjust the setup. Not a fan of the track though...so many blind corners. I find these competitions a better place to test cars and tracks you don't own. Check out those touring classics while you are at it ;)

9. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm only interested in two of the cars, but the DP3 price is about the same as 1 track and 2 cars in R3E so it's still a "buy" for me. The other cars will just collect dust in my garage, along with several other stock AC cars.

10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Front wheel drive.
    Power is massive understeer (gp2 engine, rragghh if you get the reference)

11. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    M1 Procar is rear wheel drive

12. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the m1 with setup changes nah... Just floats around the centre wheel feels nothing like a car and that's being polite. And this on the new physics. Just tried ac and it feels so more natural with its ffb. Concerns me that we have a sim with only a few cars worthwhile/feels good of playing Audi and dtms. Just my opinion and the devs done amazing job with Ai. But I cant get this boat feeling out of my head and it ruins my experience in rre

And then there's the cost against quantity

For me rre isn't worth its weight yet and I'm gutted.

13. rubenforos

rubenforos Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi MsportDan, what wheel you have?

14. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    T300 gte

To add I compared the McLaren gt3 in both ac and rre. And rre just has this hint of looseness around the centre there no force when the tyre start to rotate. When u play rre for a while u get used to it. But play another Sims and it bites u in the face

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    really odd. The M1 felt good before and feels great now with my Logi DFP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I notice you have pretty low steering effect intensity. Try turning that up a bit and lowering your Vert/Lat forces, I've recently found this helps with the looseness around center (on the CSW anyway). Also remember that the M1 is an older car with older technology so it's not going to feel quite as sharp/precise as the new race cars.

17. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    wow, I done goofed.

I replied thinking this was about the audi TT ;)

Sorry for my mistakes, and I completely agree. Front is not there.

18. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    ... unless there are other temptations here or there :eek:
    Not that any of this is on topic, but I've just tested AC's Brands Hatch and it's great and worth every penny! A tiny bit dark, maybe, lots of shade, but that's how the GP layout is I believe. Beautiful. The cars are great too, especially the McLaren and the historic cars that have a unique feeling (I don't care as much for Mercs and Lambos but other might, they're quite the beast too).
    I seriously hope we'll see the GP layout one day in R3E.
    Talking about R3E, the DTM cars have great physics, that's what decided me to give a go at R3E - I wasn't convinced by the loose, floaty physics of most other cars, except GT3 and a few others. But this series is a must.
    So you shouldn't be disappointed on either front once Santa has dropped by :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I must admit I first thought that the force was maybe too low. But I set that up to the audis and it's a perfect weight. And even the dtms. The audis I will admit seem to have this floatiness totally fixed. But its still in other cars there or thereabouts, I can't rid it using settings.

But I still think its in certain cars even with the new physics m1, McLaren gt3, Audi r8 and silhouette.

20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the m1 will be less responsive thanks to much softer suspension, because it has almost no front down force this means it does not "stiffen" at speed. i don't feel a unnatural float at all only very small period of weight transfer. (we are talking lower milliseconds here)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1