AMD Crossfire working with simple trick.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spyshagg, Dec 7, 2015.

1. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys

As you know, several low profile games do not possess a Crossfire Profile and display horrible artefacts when active. This is the case of RRE.

There are however, many existing profiles you can chose from in the catalyst driver menu. This is the trick to enable crossfire on other titles such as Assetto Corsa, which works spectacularly well in crossfire with the profile BFbc2game.exe forced.

In RRE's case, I was forcing various profiles until I found one that works. And I did. The profile is F12015.exe. The main menu from RRE will still flicker like crazy with the menus disappearing and appearing. BUT, once you get inside a race, crossfire works 100% and the car setup menus as well!

The only downfall is that it does not seem to work well with MSAA 8x and motion blur on. But up to 4x MSAA works perfectly.
    I see 100% / ~90% utilization on my crossfire setup. Places where my graphics would drop bellow 60fps are now always above.

hope i could help.
    cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Iam using the latest radeon 15.11 driver. Didnt work for me.
    Worth a try though thanks for sharing.

3. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    You have the same cards and OS as me. It really does work with mine.

What happens to your game when you enable crossfire with F12015.exe crossfile profile forced? The menus will flicker and appear/disappear. But once inside the race, its really perfect. Framerates are alot higher and afterburner shows the 2 gpus working in the most heavy scenes.

4. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps i did something wrong. My frame rates stayed exactly the same, there was no menu screen flicker, in game the tops of my side mirrors had a red haze on them.
    I will give it another try.

5. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    do you have the option "force crossfire even if no profile exist" active? it must be active

6. Lucypher 7M

Lucypher 7M Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't work anymore after the new update from this week.

Before the latest update:
    CF off: 62-71 FPS
    CF on: 105- 117 FPS

After this update:
    CF off: 62-71 FPS
    CF on: 15- 20 FPS with flickering textures

I don't know, what's going on, but it seems to me, that nobody is taking care of SLI & CF at Sector3. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, there is no clear development visible in this case.

7. Lucypher 7M

Lucypher 7M Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Since I'm not able to enter a signature so far, I'll enter my sys config here. Maybe someone from S3 need it for checkking the CF issue.

CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2687W
    DRAM: 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    GPU: 2x Radeon R9 290X

8. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Haven't tried the last update yet, but if true... Errr..

Guess I will have to spend another 2 hours cycling through all crossfire profiles to find another one that works with this update. This is too much trouble for any game's worth imo.

My rig:

i7 2600K @ 5Ghz
    32GB DDR3 1333mhz
    2x R9 290X in crossfire

If sector3 catches this topic: CROSSFIRE WAS WORKING WITH F12015.exe CROSSFIRE PROFILE BEFORE THE December 9th Update.

9. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I built my system to play BF3 in CF/eyefinity. But I'm so fed up with the cheaters through BF2/BF3/BF4/World of Tanks, I took up sim racing. :mad:

Drag and resize game's window to 5760x1080 without Eyefinity
    A feature I liked about the Codemaster's F1 series and World of Tanks.....You can open the game in windowed mode. Then you can drag and resize the game's window. You don't even have to be in Eyefinity mode and still play in 5760x1080. Then if I had to multi task, I could drag the window to 1920x1080, use the other two monitors for whatever and keep racing. Or I could drag and re-size the game to 3840x1080, center it across 3 monitors, then use the space on either side of the game to display some type of voip on one side and afterburner on the other. There is a wish list item for Raceroom.

Changing FOV on the fly
    Another feature on my wishlist. I saw that iRacing allows you to adjust your FOV on the fly.
    In Raceroom, you have to adjust fov, load in game to check the FOV, exit to make adjustment, load into race again......until you get it right.

More importantly, my single gpu was running at 103C for Raceroom, in 5760x1080.

pCars pushed my single gpu to 104C - which is the point at which the card throttles (stutter/freeze).
    But in crossfire, top card 80C, bottom card 50C (full load)

If you guys figure out which profile works for raceroom, how about posting it again.
    Much appreciated.

i7 2700k
    16GB DDR3 1600
    2 x XFX HD6970
    With do it yourself triple fan kits (Accelero Xtreme III coolers). The temperature dropped 20C over the reference fans, after I installed these coolers.

10. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    They are making a mess of their priorities.

The point of any game is to see and react.

I would have the basics of "seeing" done first.

Whats the point of dwelling into extra content and features when the basics are not good enough yet.

I would understand the lack of triplescreens + crossfire support on needforspeed or some shooter game. But in a simulator?

They need to wake up and take a look into the "show your rig" threads on any racing forum. All they see are triples. And triples require horsepower (crossfire).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Paulinho Boni

Paulinho Boni New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Agree x1000000000000

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paulinho Boni

Paulinho Boni New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I had to turn off my AMD crossfire to play Raceroom... nowadays it's unacceptable...
    Wake up sector3... we need more than extra content like a real flags, customs skins, etc etc, etc

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure they aren't sleeping

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Of course not. But you don't see Mclaren focusing their efforts on new liveries instead of improving that Honda engine.

There's only one way users can experience RRE, through screens/projectors/Vr. I don't understand how could their focus have deviated from the basics to new content so quick.

And you know they are a capable bunch. Their content is pretty amazing, so I expect no less effort on the triplescreen/crossfire/sli efforts.

15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    but someone is focusing on the liveries....the livery people, and just because that are good at liveries doesn't mean they will be helpful or good with the engine. Same with R3e...plus diminish and return, how many users really use crossfire? For a company that doesn't have many resources some cuts have to be made sadly.

16. Paulinho Boni

Paulinho Boni New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Race07, GTR, Race Injection, rFactor, GSC, iRacing, PCars, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa I can use my Crossfire.
    In 2015 I cant use it in RaceRoom...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I agree, triple screen rendering with on the fly field of view is needed. Vr needs to be higher on their priority as well as this is happening very very soon for public product to be available.
    Sli and crossfire, I am not sure why it doesn't work as most game do support it in some way or another, that strikes me as odd.

18. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey Gents
    I am wanting to upgrade my singal R9290X vapor 8G to a crossfire setup on triple 4K monitors.
    Does this game not support crossfire??
    Should I wait a little before upgrading..?
    Ant

19. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    so far officially not, so if you would like to go to cf/sli setup just because of this game, would say wait till they sort this thing out

20. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So even sli don't work? So its not only an AMD crossfire thing?
    Is there plans to fix this?
    Sorry for a million questions
    Ant