Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yup, mine was a gift, but i know other comparably powered cards are way pricey. Mine has given me some issues with an occasional spontaneous reboot only when web browsing of all things, but given the price/performance and what i'm asking of it, it's been great. No plans to swap it out for the next year or two.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I got 3 free games and civ BE with mine as well!! Saphire.

Who makes yours? I got a cheapo card maker last time and my card does all sorts of weird things.

3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Mine is an Asus, i believe it's a decently higher end one. Yup, I also got the 3 free games - but i play none of them, R3E or Eurotruck Simulator 2 eat up all my gaming time lately. Was supposed to a get a free RAMdisk app but that was just a discount instead.....bah!

The other thing the card used to do but has seemingly cleared up is when is wakes up from sleep or monitor shutdown, one monitor will be colored snow basically. Have to change catalyst profiles to clear up - has not happened in a long time, maybe a recent driver update or even windows 8 update fixed that.

Overall, it's great deal. So much raw power for so little money - you won't hear me complaining! Only current issue is the web browsing restart, which is once or twice a week tops! Hell, it's a Windows machine, so a restart here and there is not a bad thing :D

4. Tim Draper

Tim Draper Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Finally got mine 98% done now. Its been a 1.5yr project so time to show it off a bit :)
    left to do is a button box (buy some buttons), and replace the monitor arm mounts for ones far more stable and solid. Maybe also go for a keyboard&trackball mount table but I'm not too fussed about that atm.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. D0K

D0K New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Been doing more reading since posting and I have to say I'm definitely leaning towards a trip screen setup. ;) (any good recommended monitors, preferrably 24"+)

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Not sure where you are located but check these 24" acers out on walmart.com. I have 2, really wish i had bought a 3rd instead of getting something different used for my 3rd. They have the right mounts, look good, and are really inexpensive.

7. D0K

D0K New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks ElNino, those look similar to what I've seen on Tiger and Newegg as well. I also need to find a good triple monitor mount. I thought about getting the stand sold by Rseat (where I got my RS1), but they want $440.00, and thats before shipping. So definitely shopping around for good equipment, but affordable as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    ok, when i saw your rigs i dont wanna show mine....

9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    was mine that good, gosh your making me blush.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    OMG, the things I see in this topic..... :eek:

I think from now on it is mandatory to name the price you payed for you complete rig!
    This way I wont feel like a complete noob..... o_O

11. Gregor

Gregor Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The look, the money and the label ist unimportend! Only fun, creativity, your feeling and loving simracing counts!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    @Gregor is right! I've got a DIY rig I spent less than 100 Euros on. Now I want a rSeat RS1, that won't make me faster. I drive a Fanatec CSR for about four years and I will buy a CSW V2 in the near future and I know, that won't make me any faster too. It's not the money, it's god given talent and practise. You have to put some heart into sim racing and a lot of time, hardware is secondary IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    You are all probably right, but I had a few OMG moments... :)
    Fun in your hobby is most important!

14. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Yes i had them too, the rigs you see here makes you drool.

@Thomas Friedrich : I also want the RS1 it looks like a very decent and sturdy setup. Three screens maybe... if R3E will support it proper in the future. Maybe if i dig a lot in my garden i find some ancient roman coins to fund it.

15. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Oh come on, I showed my laptop on a folding table plugged into the family TV set!o_O How much worse than that can it be. It's like everybody else said. It's about fun;) If your on a budget......

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Worse

• Like Like x 1
  17. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Nothing wrong with that rig. Job done as they say in racing. Very cool. It doesn't matter what you race on or how good you are. The only thing that matters is how much fun you have with it. Have fun. See you on the track.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I agree but its still a lot worse
    (i dont race to be fast)

19. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Is that a Bobby Labonte racing suit? If so I am super jealous atm

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's still an improvement over my first setup. My wheel was clipped to a very low coffee table and I was sitting on the sofa about 10/12 feet away from a 19" TV. Talk about ergonomics!! I assumed the posture of a grown up riding a tricycle!

• Funny Funny x 3