Question Logitech G29

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sébastien Degraeve, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Have you planned an update so that this new steering wheel is compatible with this game?

Thx.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    why wouldn't it be out of the box?

3. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    In fact,I had doubts(before buying) about the compatibility of the steering wheel because there is no dedicated profile in the game folder.Since the availability of G29,very few games are operational(Project Cars).
    Game recognizes my G29 but I have to create a profile.
    [​IMG]

It works very well with this game.:)

4. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I noticed two bugs with the new G29.
    After starting the game,I occasionally problems with the steering wheel rotation angle.In Logitech gaming software,I set to 300 ° but in the home screen of the game,I'm at 900 °.I have to restart the game to find an angle of 300 °.

[​IMG]

Other pb,in the steering settings,I can't modify "Wheel Range".
    [​IMG]

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Logitechs crap software, G27's profiler was and still is riddled with bugs, never addressed and now they've just moved on to another which very well could be the problem, try Logitech forums (haven't myself) but first check others aren't having same issues. The problems with my G27 have varied over the years but there is always something not doing as it should, have to recalibrate every time I use a sim at the moment as it pulls to right and starts with full throttle, no matter what I've tried and every time I've gone to a forum about it everything always points to shoddy profiler of which they never addressed by updating it. Time for a change of brand me thinks!! :mad:

6. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. With Logitech G29 the wheel range is 180 degrees when driving. Is there any way to change it somehow? (the Wheel Range setting is N/A, as mentioned above) It's not playable with only a 90 degree steering angle either way.

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Maybe try changing the driver in device manager to g25\27 it may works as a short term fix for this game.
    select update driver/browse my computer/let me pick from a list of drivers/ untick show compatible hardware you should be able to select g25/27 may work may not.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just go to the game's folder and there navigate to "Game" -> "GameData" -> "General" folders, open up a file called "steering_wheels.xml" with notepad++/wordpad/notepad/HxD... And add the following line to the file after the <SteeringWheels> section:
    <key type="uint32">3259958381</key> <!-- Logitech G29 -->
    <value>
    <supportsWheelRange type="bool">true</supportsWheelRange>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">40</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">900</maxWheelRange>
    </value>

• Useful Useful x 4
  9. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Stiku, I'll try it this weekend.

10. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried it. Weel rotation animation is still 90 degrees. The car now turns but feels like all the turning angles are in that 180 degree range. Not enjoyable...
    Actually I feel like the money spent on the G29 is like money thrown out.

11. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    May I ask what have you set for the wheel rotation in the LGS(Logitech Gaming Software)? As this overrides everything, no matter what you set in the game.

Also, you can try making a copy of the Logitech G27 profile and use that so the game will load a more suitable profile for the wheel, this requires some fiddling with the profile, changing the name, adding the device id's etc. or use the profile that I added to this post placing it to the "..\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet" folder.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wheel rotation is 900 degrees (by default) in the Logitech software.
    Thanks for the G29 profile.

13. ango

ango New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you give G920 profile too?

14. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I don't have the DeviceID to make one nor have that wheel to test one out.

15. ango

ango New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well its the same as g29, couple of small things only different. Can i help by providing the ID? how do i find it?

16. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ID can be found on the profile you have created for the wheel, usually located in :
    C:\Users\"Your username"\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    file name is usually "wheelname".rcs, and open this file with a notepad/textpad/etc, and locate a line called "DeviceID[00]=.." and "DeviceName[00]=..." usually around at line ~187

17. ango

ango New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, here it is

DeviceName[00]="Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB"
    DeviceId[00]="(3261203565, -1, -1, 0)"

18. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Same as before, place it here : "...\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet"

Attached Files:

19. ango

ango New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, it works, however i still have problems. FFB isnot working as it should, it turn the wheel to the right by itself, if i turn the FFB the wheel is working. Also not able to set wheel degree per car. And BTW in the profile pedals are mixed.

20. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    We have added support for G29 and will include a default profile for it next update. Unfortunately supporting the new Logitech wheels required some SDK updates in code and they are causing problems with older Logitech wheels and we still have a problem fully supporting G920 due to a bug in the firmware.

Logitech is aware and they are working on fixing their SDK and driver both for new and old wheels.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2