Get rid of this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rschlierer, Jan 8, 2016.

1. rschlierer

rschlierer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm deleting RaceRoom from my computer. The thing is completely unplayable. It wouldn't recognize any of the controllers I own including ones on the game list. (Logitech racing wheels) Wouldn't accept any controller assignments when I did finally find one that it would recognize. And when I finally got one to work even turning the sensitivity down to the minimum, even the slightest twitch of the wheel or tap on the accelerator sent the car careening off into the weeds. I have no idea how anyone got this thing to work but from all the lap times listed on the leaderboard, someone must have. My opinion is that this is junk and not worth the time it took (which was like three hours) to download.

• Disagree Disagree x 25
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your constructive, sophisticated feedback.

So what you're saying is that it didn't recognize any controller until it did, you couldn't map buttons until you could and after what was then left of 3 hours of driving you were sure it is "unplayable junk"? :rolleyes:
    What I actually like the most is that albeit this horrible experience you still made an effort and customized your avatar. Kudos.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    1.Profiler settings
    2.Ingame wheel Settings
    3.Car setup wheel settings

One of these will fix your problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like the classic PICNIC error.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    No you won't but tbh that's a quiet strange cry for help....:)

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Or a code ID10T

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    On the overly sensitive wheel...Try starting the game with the profiler OFF (not running) and see if things get better on a quick drive. Then go back and start the profiler and restart the game.

Or just delete the game, but its damn good. Frustrating when your controller won't work, evidently.

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Damn, had not heard this until now...great word! Yet another thing I've learned on here that will be perfect to bust out at work lol.....as my Chuck Norris "no testing needed...it will work" sign hangs in my cube (and will surely bite me in the a@@ one day).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. rschlierer

rschlierer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Christian, What I'm saying is that it took me three of my own controllers, none of which worked, and one I borrowed. from a friend who spent over an hour getting the program to accept the settings it already was supposed to have loaded. The three hours were not "driving time" as you contend but rather three wasted hours trying to get this piece of junk program to actually work. The real total driving time was less than ten minutes, most of which was spent with the car wildly bouncing off everything in sight. Nothing we did had any effect on making the thing controllable. Roll your eyes and play the pompous I'm-better-than-you card if you like but it doesn't change what was a truly miserable experience. Oh and by the way, it took me all of three seconds to "customize my avatar" and that was at the very beginning of joining Steam, something I wouldn't have bothered to do if I had only known what was in store for me..
    So I guess it's now my turn to thank you for your kind and constructive response.

My genuine (and not sarcastic) thanks to the folks who actually offered useful suggestions. But most of them we tried in those wonderful three "driving time" hours.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Why do you expect constructiv help, when complaining about evrything and calling the whole sim a piece of crap?
    You do not know the community and the support you can gather at this forum.
    Asked in a normal friendly way many helping hands are reached to everybody.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Make another attempt?

13. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I believe everything you say.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. ΔΞΘΠ

ΔΞΘΠ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The problem is most of you are all way too sensitive and defensive. There's nothing wrong with what he said that is his opinion you jerks.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Quite a harsh one. One suitable for steam reviews, but not the forums I think.

It's not even that usefull of feedback.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ΔΞΘΠ

ΔΞΘΠ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow this community is a bunch of 15 year olds huh lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    What kind of wheels?

Based on your avatar of RACE 07, I assume you understand this game is simulation focused and not something like GRID of Need for Speed?

Bother me on Steam (link below) if you want your hand held and I'll try and help you get it set up so you can spend some proper time with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Starting a post with "Get rid of this" and the first sentence "I'm deleting RaceRoom from my computer" does not signal a reaching out for help, or can you guys please try to help me figure out how to drive this shit, the controls are totally off.. o_O;)

If he would have expressed himself a bit different, so would the responses!

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Guys guys clam down... i think hes ether young or an aussie (probably the latter) you need to learn to speak their language.

let me give it a go.
    (Itelics are for thoes not austraian to help them read along)

"Crikey mate (a common Australian colloquialism), sounds like old tonys on your case(in reference to Australia's prime minister whom they all hate), id say logitech should be the first one getting the welly(gumboot in nz english) if you know what i mean. they tend to be a bunch of headless Chinese chickens (Australians are extremely racist to Asians) if you know what i mean."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Like @Glen Kabis said, if you would please provide more information like what controllers exactly you are trying, that would most likely help us helping you.

We do not have default profiles for all the controllers out there, of course, only the most common ones.
    So if your controller isn't recognized, the best is probably to start from scratch and map it.

If the game detects a controller it has no profile for, it will prompt you about using it. If you said no to that original popup, I believe you have a button to "detect controllers" and start again.

Alternatively, try and delete My Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience\ and start the game up again to start fresh.

I suspect your continued attempts to make things work might have created oddly set-up profiles, which could explain the poor driving experience you had.

• Like Like x 4