Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This may help someone mybe not, just an observation.
    I remembered downloading a controller profile for my g25 ages ago for race07\gtr evo that i really liked, so i thought i would look through it and change some of the settings in my current RR controller profile, while browsing through the default RR profile i noticed a a couple of settings that were 1.0 for the sake of argument, in the comments section the recommended values might be between 0.9 and 0.4, i would of thought even for a default config if you have a recommended value it would be set as default not set a figure outside the recommended range.

It may be worth looking through your controllers default profile, you may find something you want to change.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    thing is there are very many new settings in your controller profile that change the way those initial values work , so stuff that worked for race 07 initially in raceroom doesn't work aswell now.
    and the notes after the numbers have been there for ever and never changed (recommended values might be between 0.9 and 0.4) although how the physics and ffb use this has

Andi

3. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I did think about that, you could also sya why wernt they updated?

4. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i dont know why the little bits of text havent been removed or updated , but with all the tweaks that are possible from ingame then there isnt much that really needs a txt editor approach .. but

i do it ..

So make a back up ; tweak slowly 1 thing at a time ..

there is reading material floating around in old forums on gtr2/race 07 /rf 1 read it ..; then read a bit on rf 2 tweaking because we are somewhere in the middle being a heavily tweaked gmotor game /some times stripped down : sometimes added too

when tweaking turn off all vibration effects to get the feel you want then slowly add them back in if you wish

Andi

5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im pretty cool with it I kinda know my way around, was just an observation, although there are a few settings i think shouldnt be changable in there, the ability to change whether your wheel pulls or pushes when riding a kerb, never driven a race car but anytime ive kerbed a rd car its always pulled and frikken hurt more than once at slow speed with no power steering, surely pushing off a kerb is the opposite of real and actually helpfull in a game.
    Maybe im wrong, but thats my RL road experience in fast and slow cars.
    Im a nitpicker, little things bother me sorry!

And if im wrong, sorry :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    race track curbs tend to be cambered so they arent like square like road ones , also if you have a reverse feedback wheel does that react the same way to a positive number as a non reversed feed back wheel ....

Andi

7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Gaaawwddd, you and your fair points, that never entered my head :)
    well some of them :D

8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    im not sure its a question i ask my self as it was that way in rfactor i believe ... i run 0 that way its not a question

Andi

9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    it was off the top of my head and after looking through it i cant find what i was looking at/thinking about, no worries have fun!

10. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I like these settings a lot, thanks for posting them. The only thing I'd like to change would be the center, it's a little loose. How do I fix that?

11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok been tweaking this on the dark side , its not perfect but its getting better

fanatec v1/bmw rim
    rebind all your stuff
    wheel settings
    540° (my preferance)/
    FF 100
    SHo 50
    ABS 90
    FOR 100
    all others off on the wheel
    the wheel has a tendency to go a little to light on loss of front grip , but that will be addressed soonish

would like a little feedback if possible
    thanks in advance

Andi

Attached Files:

• wip2.7z
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Will this work on a CSW V2 do you think? If so I'll give it a try. I presume I just paste this file into a folder and it will apply the settings?

13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i have no idea how close they are , you may want to turn it down a bit diue to you having a lot more power than the v1 .... sorry not rich enough to afford a new base

Andi

14. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Where can I find these files please, the rcs files and what shall I open them with thanks

15. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    C:\Users\peter\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

With notepad

• Like Like x 1
  16. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Peter

17. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone else using these settings? I quite like them but having everything on 100 in TM profile seems alien to me.

18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I've had a crack at changing some settings for the Driving Force GT. After the best simracing fun I've ever had when thrashing the Aquila around Portimão (car and circuit together are sublime), I was very disappointed in the DTM 2013 cars' handling. The wheel felt far too light in the centre, and the weaving when trying to drive in a straight line was quite irritating. So I tinkered - the various FFB threads have been interesting to read and gave lots of tips.

The Logitech settings surprised me but the 100% levels seemed to have a positive effect. (Please note the 5% in-game spring level. Anything from 0-10% seems OK to me.) Would the members here with DFGTs like to try these settings? There is still too much weaving and a feeling of disconnectedness, but I'm curious to know whether, in your opinion, I've improved the handling or whether I'm going in the wrong direction - much like my cars. :D

I can't get the DFGT to detect the little vibrations from a bumpy road surface. Perhaps the wheel is clipping. Perhaps my fat fingers are too insensitive! Turning the Engine Vibrations to around 15-20% might disguise this absence, but I don't want my DFGT to chatter - it's the only canned effect I dislike.

Incidentally, the high Shift Effect and a Cockpit Camera Movement of 30-35% give me a nice immersive feel when banging up and down the gears. But please feel free to differ.

I hope these settings prove useful. Don't forget to record your current settings before tinkering! :)

Logitech DFGT Raceroom SpecificSettings.PNG Raceroom DFGT General FFB settings.PNG Raceroom DFGT Steering Force Settings.PNG RaceRoom DFGT FFB Effects Settings.PNG

• Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  19. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey Gents
    These are pretty solid CSW v2 BMW settings I have setup. The wheel is a little lose around the center, but I think this is just how the profilers are for the CSW. Try it out. After a lot of trying I smashed my G27 record by a cool 1 second..

CSW wheel..
    SEn
    :Auto | FF:100 | SHo:OFF | AbS:OFF | LIn:OFF | dEA:OFF | drI:003 | For:100 | SPr:OFF | dPr:OFF (Thanx Ernie)

Try them, for me they are really not bad. But each for the own

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    you must be clipping like hell .. I have FF strength at 100, steering force at 70, vertical at 20 and I feel all I need ... also try set damper and spring in profiler to 0 ... never heard of anybody running DFGT with them other that set to 0 ...