Bad AMD catalyst update (R9 380)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gp20, Jan 9, 2016.

1. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I updated the AMD catalyste driver and lost a lot of fps, i even experience lags now.

I tried to go back but it seems that i don't have a restauration point for that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    which driver did you install?
    Im using driver only no crimson software from 17\12 it is the fastest driver i have used with my card 7970\280mp

4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    if you are using more than one monitors/Tv-s, and you playing single screen duplicated, try to go for borderless windowed mode ingame, it looks exactly the same as fullscreen (ofc only if your desktop resolution is the same as your ingame). it helped me

5. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I uploaded the gaming evo blabla software again and applied the performance mode.
    I have desactivate all the stuff that could have been processed with the graphic card and i'm back to 120 fps with R3E.:)

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i just updated my R9 280 3gig to Crimson 16.1 and it's probably the first time *ever* I've noticed an actual improvement in performance from a Radeon driver updating. Nothing spectacular but definitely less slow downs

7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I have the game translated into my language , Spanish , could you tell me how it got to that parameter " borderless windowed " mode ingame ?regards.

8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Set your ingame resolution and desktop resolution the same, in game choose windowed mode instead of full screen!

• Informative Informative x 1