Known Upcoming Content/Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Jan 31, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What's up with the NSU TT?..
    Any news on when it will be available in store? :tonguewink:[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps we might get NSU with other cars in a pack.

3. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Well they've since posted an image on their Facebook page showing the NSU at Nords. Pure speculation, but my guess would be they've decided to delay the NSU until the Nords release and possibly include it with the track as a "freebie" (maybe as a limited offer). o_O

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In completion - here the Pic from Facebook:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That looks strangely familiar...:cool:
    Interesting thought...

6. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Hope not. Little interest in the Nords, but I'm really looking forward to the NSU.
    But it does seem logical, even if it is speculation.
    Besides, knowing me I'll end up buying the Nords anyway, so .... :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Sorry there is no modding scene in r3e.:(
    [​IMG]
    Would be a nice mod and we could get a glimpse!:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    It would work so in the game that when you cross the 88 mph for the first time, DeLorean would jump from the modern track layout you are driving to the historic version or vice versa. It would bring totally new experience to driving :cool:

9. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Except all the races would have to stay under 87mph otherwise you'd just get sent to a different time/track. :p

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I got an email the other day about content and features, ignoring the content add ons is there a list of confirmed features or fixes anywhere, is there a publicly available todo or has been done for next patch list?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    No, there isn't.
    Internet isn't big enough for the to do list.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I know the todo list must be huge, but its three years in and lots and lots of the simple\basic things have yet to be added, this game is good but seems it shot itself in the foot early on and that is all people remember how bad it was\is, the horrible menu has been replaced with a clean tidy affair, some of the physics are still canal boat like, i love the radicals but they feel like shit in this game, simple addons to playability, repeating myself and everyone else, chat, setups, full flags, lap counter, these cant be that hard to implement especially when you have the code sitting there in your previous titles (im no programmer, yes that probably is a naive comment), you have people releasing addons to do things that should be in as default, simple things as a game developer especially for a small team\company are embarrasing, its not a dig its an opinion\observation before anyone gets offended.

If it was my game, my team of developers i would be pushing the Radical boat out get to as many of the little things added to try and get back all the people that were lost or turned off this game in the first 2 years, its like we need more cars we need more tracks, no we dont we need to create solid foundations and build on them, yes they are there but not that solid, get all the little things sorted get everyone coming back to the game then start selling to the masses rather than the few.
    My Opinion.

Never meant to be a rant like post.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    protos/radical/dp are being tweaked at present as far as i know ;;; there are lots of things getting done and tweaked ; but its a very small dev team (about a 3rd of what AC has) and its a very small active beta testing team ; and retesting everything takes a long time ... just do the maths ,imagine testing physics /Ai /pitstops on every track for a 2hr race .... just lets say for the radicals ...

things will come ... just it needs time

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  14. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Dont\wont\cant dispute any of that but time\small team, 3yrs is a long time, i first installed this in april\may last year, im a big Race\GTR fan this was and still is a disapointment after coming from them games, i prefer it over the overhyped pcars but i dont think that is saying a lot as they pretty much seem like the same game different skin, simillar issues and faults. Take away that it looks slightly better than R\GTR it is less of a game nearly 10 years on.
    No worries i`ll still be playing it for a while longer but the point comes when you say enough is enough, if they wont\cant add simple things but still want to take my money for tracks and cars but not pay attention to what the game really needs it causes frustration and rant like posts ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    About 30% of the team work on content (tracks/cars) the rest on features, bugs. The game is also totally different to older games, so it's no copy/past.
    With every physics update you have to change every single car.
    And I can assure you, the biggest rants are we.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    although the game has existed that long ; dont use that time line , use more of the simbin death and s3e birth as the start ; this game and its concept have and are going through radical changes ; from its initial brief to what it is now becoming ..; i know the wait is long but little by little things are being resurrected from the distant past .;;
    GTR² was a pinnacle in many way ; feature complete etc ; and i believe the initial conception of this game wasnt that ... something more plug and play and now we are moving back to that (gtr² epoque)... but the base was hard coded that way so undoing some of those aspects is hard ; there is still stuff that wont happen im sure ;but we will get a lot closer and as much as i love gtr²/race 07etc we are already better in many aspects ; just some of the fundamentals are missing

All of the above is based on my opinion and i dont have any proof just how ive seen things move from the very first closed beta to the present

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just to put that development period in perspective, when R3E was announced in 2012 they had been working on it for about a year, so it's been in development for 4-5 years now.
    When AC was announced in 2011 they said that planning for the title had begun in 2008, actual work probably in 2009/10, so it's been in development for 6-8 years. And what feature are they gonna be adding after that time? Pit stops in SP. Stuff like this takes a tremendous amount of time and Raceroom/Simbin/S3S have admitted to having released too early.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I think R3E lacks features far more than it lacks content. But simplistically, content generates revenue, feature development consumes it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    5000 people paying £10 or 50000 paying £10 is the cost\effort worth the reward?

• Like Like x 1
  20. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    so if the ADAC 2015 pack release i believe we will get all the cars as in the pic, right? (obviously except the Lambos plus the mixture RUF=Porsche)

Attached Files: