G27 Settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hell-Fiend™, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys
    Anyone has a good Setup for Logitech G27? The issue am having is i play the Classic cars and the GT3 and they either feel too light (Classics) or Heavy for GT3s. Any tips would be highly appreciated and if there is a way we can get rid of the center deadzone

2. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hey there,

You are actually quite spot on that the GT3 (as well as a few others like DTM 15, Audi TT, FR2, etc.) feel a bit different regarding FFB than most of the other cars in the game. There were a lot of physics improvements over this past summer as well as some rather extensive tire model work done that, in my experience at least, cant be matched exactly by FFB settings.

For me, I need to slightly tweak 2 of the FFB sliders and that will give me quite a good feeling in the more recent stuff as well as some of the older stuff.

Basically, I have everything set up like so for the GT3 and other newer content:
    2016-01-23 1508 0001.jpg 2016-01-23 1508 0002.jpg R3E live logi profiler settings.PNG

The only changes I make when I want to get the older cars to feel good too, as the above settings do feel quite... loose? on the older cars is...

I change the vertical load % from around 85 up to around 135, and increase the steering force % from around 80 up to around 110. The vertical load % from what I can remember understanding about it, is supposed to help your tires feel the bumps in the road and for me, seemed to help negate some of the floaty feeling some cars had.

You can also check an old post here that should still entirely be relevant. And as you can see, my settings overall are nearly identical to that time last year :p

Of course, the link that @Caledonian Wolf posted above would be good to go through too. The FFB feeling is quite customizable, so it is really up to what you want and what you will be happy with. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    @nate i have not messed with my FFB in a very long time - G27 here as well - R3E just always worked well for me. Your post gave me a little nudge to experiment a bit again - thanks! I used yours, which was pretty different in feel to what i used, but had some things i liked. My main change was to add steering rack force - apparently i really like that feeling, especially on straights. Also prefer less understeer feeling. Here's what I ended up with (using almost the same logitech profiler settings as you - 100,0,0,0,900 degrees)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I went through a bunch of iterations to get what I like...

Luckily the options are there, its just a matter of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    @ElNino, nice to see you looked into the settings again. :)

I actually adjust the DoR in game so it is almost irrelevant what I set it in the profiler. I dont really mess with my settings too much because I have it set to feel pretty good, at least for my liking.

Interesting to hear about steering rack. I've heard some people like it, while others despise the feel. I havent really increased the percent enough to notice a difference, but now I want to give it a shot.

The settings are quite customizable, so there are a lot of different ways the wheel can feel... which makes it nice but also a bit tricky if you dont know what you want :p

Thanks for sharing your settings too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys
    Thanks for all the feedback, my question is the bumbs on the road when you see the car bouncing are you suppose to feel that or you need a butt kicker cause i've tried so many setups and i havent gotten that feeling at all. Thanks

8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    g27's arent that good mate. ;) you should feel big bumps when cornering.

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Putting all wheels and questions into one thread, is a terrible idea. Some decluttering is needed. A forum subsection, and then one thread per wheel. Discussion in separate threads, but setups in just one thread per wheel.

10. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Gentlemen,

You probably already know this but I think I found the solution to use one FFB for all cars. You need to go to \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet and open that file with Notepad find "FFB steer force exponent" and change it from 1.0 to 0.6 then start doing your Settings in Game. Start with a GT3 car and once you have the proper FFB that suits you try a classic car like a ford capri. Before the Capri was waving uncontrollable now the steering is more precise. I've improved my driving quite a bit. The reason you start with a GT3 car is cause of the new Physics the car will feel heavier.

My personal Settings are
    Force feedback Intensity = 100
    Steering Force = 100
    Understeer = 75
    Vertical Load = 100
    Lateral Load = 50
    Steering Rack = 0

Engine = 0
    Brake = 15
    Kerb = 30
    Shift = 30

Please try it out and let me know your thoughts gents!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TBR Eyder

TBR Eyder New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I need testing