Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I thought we could have a single thread for this, but mostly for features and game mechanics.
    So no tracks or car wishes in this thread please.

I guess I will start of:

* We need a Random time of day option

* I would like to have more information about the cars on the car selection screen in game, RWD / FWD, Horsepower and weight etc, like we have in the store.
    And also an option to preview a bigger image of the livery of the car I'm about to chose.

* One thing I really liked in your old games and as you have in the BMW 635 CSI.
    Is the small "timer" showing laptimes and with a gear indicator.
    I don't like to use virtual huds, so would love to see more of these "timers" implemented in the old cars.

* False starts in Get Real mode

* A more in depth damage model, with engine blow outs, over heating, flat tires and suspension problems etc.
    And also dirt build up and stone chips on the windshield, and with working wipers.

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    • No Auto AI in Pitlane
    • Formation Lap
    • Multiclass Very soon
    • No Ghost Car
    • Pit Crew
    • Set up options like Tyre temps etc.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I would like to recall a small suggestion i made a while ago at the RD forums regarding the replay bar.
    So here's just a quick copy&paste job. :rolleyes:

Actually the replay bar in R3E looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    If you drive a couple of laps and thereafter watching the replay, it's difficult to jump directly to a specific lap.
    So it would be useful to have some kind of a visible marker, where a lap ends/begins.

Here are just 3 examples (photoshopped mockups) which i think could improve the replay bar:

#1: Small checkered (dotted) lines
    [​IMG]

#2: Thin lines with a small checkered flag
    [​IMG]

#3: With some color-coding, to make invalid laps visible at one glance.
    (Green=valid, Red=invalid)
    [​IMG]

cheers
    Ernie

PS: Yes the idea is slightly borrowed from AC, but it's not necessary to re-invent the wheel. If it's good, why don't use it too.
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    here is my wish list for rain mechanics (in the long term)
    -different levels of rain
    -track and season effect chance of rain
    - dry(ing) line (a fairly simple pre-determined one one is all that's needed)
    -wet tires overheating
    -Aquaplaning in slicks (eg sudden grip level drop when surface water exceeds a certain value )
    other feature id like for endurance
    -safety-cars
    -pre-determined track degradation and rubberizing for endurance racing nothing rfactor reel feel fancy (i think its over the top as a predetermined outcome is almost identical if everyone races on the racing line).

also
    • Formation Lap
    • Multiclass

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    In addition to ideas already suggested:

- Headlights off by default with settings for lights off/on/running lights/flash.
    - Working wipers.
    - Dirt and dust build-up screen (that can be cleared with the wipers).
    - Proper flag system (yellow/green/blue etc) with animated marshals.

...and a big one...

- Tyre flat-spotting!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Mine suggestions
    - "best" line option - this thing helps learn the track and loosely helps with braking zones
    - ability to change between laps and timed events in single player

• Like Like x 2
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    How about a "ghost ignore feature" that can be used once per race....so if someone named Senna shows up in your race, you can "ghost ignore" the person, meaning your cars cannot contact each other, but are treated as ghosts instead. You can use this once per race on one person.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ernie for President ! ;)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ejection seat remotely controlled for wreckers :D (would be fun to watch them flying around, even virtually)

Btw. I found the first Ghost Mode settings online (when Alpha MP came out) not that bad - at least for the first lap or so. Was joining a ADAC session at Hock recently and it was still pure chaos (everybody tried to win the race at 1st turn :rolleyes:) or another time when I entered a session at Laguna Seca with GTR 2 one driver was obviously drunk or sth....would appreciate if I just can "drive thru" these candidates...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  10. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I too would like to see these two. Especially the torque curves for the cars. Also, I would like to see the gear ratios visualized like they were in GTR2/R07.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Visual g-force slider (race 07)
    Increased tire scrubbing/skidding sounds
    Dynamic road
    One of the following
    A simple custom livery editor like forza 4
    More skins even if there fantasy to avoid multi duplicate skins in a race
    Or change the number on duplicate skins in race and add your name and country flag to ingame livery
    Optimize multi thread cpu performance
    Sli/crossfire and mantle :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I'd love that. But even if it seems simpler than creating a whole new livery, the developers would have to make all liveries "dynamic" which I think would be more work in the end.

13. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I don't think many people need this, but I would appreciate it...

- an option to set which drivers are in the race if there are more than 24 liveries available, because some driver are never in the races...

- an option to set which drivers are in front or in the back of the field... it's boring to always fight the same guys, even qualifying doensn't change that a lot

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    • The ability to map more than one input to shift up and shift down to allow the use of either paddles or sequential shifter without having to change the controller profile.
    • The ability to associate a controller profile with each individual car. This will allow fine tuning of FFB for each vehicle.
    • Individual setting of FOV for each individual car and more granular FOV settings in general.
    • Improved FFB/resistance when stationary or at low speeds.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    tire scrubbing/skidding sound slider/options instead of just turning them up

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The ability to race as a real world driver rather than under my own name, for example if I choose Tom Coronel's car I race as Tom Coronel, not as my own name. Would be good for offline racing especially championships.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see some automation added to the game.

Automated steering wheel animation rotation to the lock of the car.

Automated transmission per car depending on the default config of the car which would then utilise a global H-pattern on/off for if you do/don't have a h-shifter and a global sequential on/off for if you do/don't have a sequential shifter. The sequential shifter would have it's own key bindings that can be the same or different to the paddles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I'll also add a few graphical things ...
    • Cleaner mirrors. I don't like the murky look they have but agree it does need some sort of filtering for a more realistic look.
    • Higher resolution mirrors. Some cars seem to be much better than others in this department.
    • Higher resolution liveries. These can look really blotchy up close. I think this would potentially sell more of them too.
    • Better shadows. Some cars have terrible internal shadows. I understand that this is being worked on.
    • Better antialiasing on the external shadows.
    • Improvements to some of the existing interiors. The quality between cars is highly variable with some very good and some distinctly worse.
    • Improved modeling of some of the buttons and dials. There are some great textures used but these let the overall presentation down.
    R3E has the opportunity to really wow and the above would go a long way in achieving that. Some may think all this is unnecessary/secondary but in, my opinion, improvements in this department could really help sales - people like pretty things. It already has awesome sound, great forcefeedback, beautiful tracks and some great content and just needs a little polishing in the visual department.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm definitely with you on that, there are some cars I would like to omit from certain fields, would be a nice option to create your own carset.

• Like Like x 1
  20. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    In this context I find the Race Room Race Track the most complete so far - at least a reference track for how it is supposed to look (and to drive, even optimization is not finished yet, I also noticed a lot of details in FFB response due to little bumps, driving over curbs and such).
    Shadows are really an issue (specially on low resolution)......but as well look slightly better with RRE track...;)