Released NSU Prinz TTS

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I think because the nsu is small, the seat position gets tucked up sometimes. Noticed myself switching between GT any this midget.

2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Didn't know they had airbags those days

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Hilarious car to drive love it, tried it out on the wtcc version of Paul ricard and it's awesome.
    But I did notice on Paul ricard and I have seen that on many tracks, the missing tiere columns standing just inside the apex preventing you from cutting half the car over apex. These apex tiere columns are missing on a lot of tracks and I think that is a shame when the tracks are so good that such an important feature is missing... ;)

Edit: I mean on a track where you can cut half the car over all apex, without losing it cut's down on the laptime a lot. That I think is kind of a exploit since most tracks where you can do that have this tiere columns to prevent just that. Yeah I know hitting such a tiere columns ends the race effectively but then drive corect and it is not a problem :p

Watch a lap onboard starting at 0:25 sec in to the video ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    what a fun car :)
    enjoyed those 10 minute MP races on the team FR3 server.

5. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Fun little machine indeed. This is possibly the only car on the game, where my crew chief, Mr. Belowski, keeps notifying me of cold brakes every now and then. That is because in many cases you don't need much brakes, just lift the throttle on corner entry :D

NSU is a really good intro vehicle for those thinking of learning heel'n'toe. First, you aren't in most cases required to use the technique at all because of the ultimate slowness of the car, second, you have only four gears to fiddle and third, you aren't actually hurry with changing gears ever with the NSU ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It's like racing, in slow motion. Can't quite decide if it's a hoot or just a bit dull

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    It's kinda of both, it gets really boring on circuits with big straights(full course monza is a nightmare), but on tight tracks it's really fun, you can trade paint and bump into people without the fear of launching them across the track. I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Some tracks are better suited to certain cars and vice versa. I rarely raced Macau but love the NSU on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Cars like this are best used on non-high-speed tracks, obviously, and tracks without long straights. In fact the NSU is a good reason to use the variations of tracks that usually do not get picked for racing that often. I had a good time in Zolder, Sonoma WTCC, and Hockenheim (very) Short. The car perfectly matched the track. On the other hand, I do not even consider to try it at Spa. Short, twisty tracks work best.Sonoma WTCC was very good, I could not stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    The Prinz also works fine on the hillclimb tracks. I dug them out for a long time. Rushig over cambers with curves lead to nice drifts, very good to control (even by me ;)). You always have to keep revs high.
    I drove it at Spielberg, was not that fun and therfore I never will at Monza or Spa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely agree with this statement. Any of the high speed tracks like Monza just dont suit this car very well because it is so slow and the long straights get a bit tired.

This car is a wonderful addition because it suits the shorter courses so well which get used far less often. Mid Ohio short was fairly fun in this when I joined an MP server with it yesterday. And I know from first hand experience that Laguna Seca, Chang short, and Suzuka West are all tremendous opportunities for exciting racing since I had the chance to try all those with the other beta-testers. Seriously fun races.

I have an odd feeling that this car will also perfectly pair with the Nordschleife ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, had a a very tight race @ Monza today -Multiplayer of course - though generally I would agree on smaller/tighter circuits or clubtracks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Had some of the best close racing in years with this car...absolutely loving it :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Liking the NSU a lot, great car to start your Raceroom journey with, just don't race it at Monza, nearly nodded off on several occasions around the lap, time to dust off all the sprint tracks me thinks.

Have hooked my wheel arches around a few things, them teeny weeny wheels stick out further than you think!

Yet another fine job S3, glad I can get this little gem out of my system before the Nords arrives, take a sodding week to get round, that's if it can get up the hills!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of nodding off, I actually had a nightmare this night. I wasn't driving the NSU, but a seemingly nice Swedish FWD car. The car was so slow, and the track so wide and straight, that I had to push the car myself to make it go faster, and still the track felt like an autostrada. It was terrible. Needed several cups of coffee for breakfast to get over the shock.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I tried it yesterday. I hope to reach the bottom of Paddock Hill bend this afternoon

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And for learning to be smooth and how to make the most of the tarmac that's ahead of you I think.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    A brick on the throttle control and a rope to the wheel, there is enough time to go for a coffee on kemmel straight. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I would like to get a VW Beetle next. Not one of the modern ones, but an old one from the late 60s or early 70s.

Serious. If that is not an iconic car, then I don't know the meaning of "iconic".

Oh, and of course original unique VW Käfer sound, and original cockpit looks from the normal road car version. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Drove it as a test drive, man, I love this little thing. It is so much fun to trash it around the track.

• Agree Agree x 1