Question Logitech G29

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sébastien Degraeve, Aug 29, 2015.

1. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for posting this. I'm going to give it a try.

2. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    AMG Vilas, I tried this profile and everything felt quite good for me.

I have a few things I'd like to ask though... With this profile I found that my clutch pedal was always engaged at 50%.
    I had to disable the clutch in the game menu so that I could drive.

1) Is there any way to set the clutch so it starts at 0% in the .rcs file so I don't have to do this in game?
    2) Can the .rcs file be edited so that "steering lock" is automatically set to 20 instead of 13 - which seems to be the default?

Thanks again for the profile you made. I have been able to start enjoying the game with this.

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    No, steering lock is in the car setup and there is no default value. It depends on the car you drive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Peter, good to know.

5. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you have to map the clutch pedal new, it should always be at 0.

6. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I can re map the clutch in game but I'm finding that its working like a on/off switch when I test it. As soon as I touch it, it goes from 0-100% on the grey slider bar.
    It's ok for now though, I am just leaving the clutch un assigned in the menu and using the paddle shifters only.

7. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You can still adjust the clutch sensitivity. 0% means slow in the first half of the pedal travel and fast in the second half, 100% is fast in the first half and slow in the second half. 50% is linear.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I did not know that, will go and give that a try right now.
    Thanks again, Peter.

Edit: Changing the clutch sensitivity makes no difference for me. As soon as I rest my foot even slightly on the pedal it goes from 1-100 instantly. I'll make do without it for now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  9. Robert Cameron

Robert Cameron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Having some similar problems as you guys (with my G920), however my main problem is that my wheel turns to the right by itself, and understeer FFB effect is not working at all..

10. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Windows gamecontrollers panel, where you can calibrate the wheel, in that same place, press "reset to default", this will return the clutch calibration to its full axis.
    You do not need to calibrate things anymore, they autocalibrate themselves when turned on and axis's are pressed fully atleast once. No need to mess with the settings on windows side.

Its a know issue, as far it has been told to us, they are working on a fix, but no information when the fix will be available to the public.(not the games fault, this is purely Logitech mishap.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Robert Cameron

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah from what I can tell the firmware from logitech seems to be pretty sh*t. Should have gone for thrustmaster... Only reason i got this was cause of the good price & compatibility with Forza 6. I Hope a fix comes out soon!

12. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what the issues is with the firmware, only the symptoms, but the G29 doesn't suffer from it. So it's more likely something to do with the XBOX one compatibility and things related to it.

13. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the profile ! When I got my G29 last week I was having a real hard time getting ffb to work, but now it works like a charm :)

14. Robert Cameron

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any updates whether or not a fix is coming?

15. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    You're referring to the G920? I'm afraid Logitech is still working on fixing the issue. Their eta is around now-ish but it also needs to go through approval process with Microsoft so it might take some time.

I'm afraid we will not be able to add official support for 920 this patch as the build is quite locked for the update but if Logitech updates the firmware on their end it should work, just without a default profile provided by us.

G29 however works fine and we are including a default profile for it next patch.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Robert Cameron

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the quick answer.
    Yes to the G920. I really hope it all gets approved and built into a patch asap. Yes, a official default profile in R3E is not needed - but at least everything needs to work on Logitech's end - so that the wheel acts normally.