News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tips ... I bought the Euro Trackpack and then few of my favorite tracks Macau, Bathurst & Suzuka ... only surprise was that Brands was just Indy not GP and I thought that strange because usually the track will be labelled Brands Indy when it is only that variation and I figured it is a licensing issue - do hope they add the GP because Indy is bit boring for me. Macau is wonderful and few other tracks I had never driven were nice. I didn't know about the newer physics but the older cars especially the Group 5 pack are really good anyway - what re the physics is being changed ? I used the Test Drive option to try all of the Group 5 cars because I have kept some vRP for Nordschleife which I am very eager for.

2. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    This may be the wrong thread to bring this up, but Blanes mention of the Brands Hatch track reminded me of a question. If and when Sector 3 adds the GP track to Brands Hatch will those of us that already own the track get that free,or will it be treated as a DLC requiring an additional purchase? Maybe I should start a new thread for this??

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I still couldnt play R3E for months because my home internet connection somehow couldnt connect to R3E servers without giving me the error 503. And I think R3E does need a reasonably fast connection to connect to the servers.

It would be nice if R3E could be less internet dependent as I am still quite unhappy that I couldnt play the content I paid for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Blanes,

get Mr. Belowski's CrewChief app, available from the sub-forum. It's a must-have.

5. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Cool thanks Skybird, if it is like the CrewChief app on Project Cars it should be really good.:)

Question for You guys familiar with how all this Pricing structure works : -
    The Group 5 pack is currently discounted to 1516 vRP and I do want all these cars but do not wish to spend that amount of credits just yet and I already have the BMW 320 Turbo from the Hillclimb pack.

So does anyone know if I purchase the one car I really want right now, the Nissan Skyline 200RS, separately at 279 vRP will that mean when I do come to buy the complete Group 5 pack that the 279 I spend now comes off that price ? So making the cost of getting the balance of that pack 1237 vRP ? Because if it does I will go ahead and get the Nissan now, otherwise I will wait because then I am just paying extra for the Nissan to drive now rather than when I can get the complete pack. Does that make sense ? o_O

I gotta say I find it all really confusing :confused: because the price of packs varies so much and yet when you look in different say DTM packs, the track list is almost identical (and tracks I already have from buying the Euro Track pack) and there is maybe one car difference. It really discourages buying stuff because I feel like some of it is bit of a cash grab when mostly it is content I already have paid for in other packs and worked out 279 vRP is nearly $3 aussie or $2.56 if you buy 10000 vRP but anyway for one car that is way too much when compared with the price of content in pCars or AC. Maybe I have it all wrong though and someone can explain it better ? cheers guys and despite my gripes I am enjoying the racing more than Project Cars. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's how it works.
    It's called dynamic discount and you can read all about it here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ence-faq-and-game-features-w-i-p.72/#post-218
    Actually, you'll find most answers concerning the store and most other topics in that FAQ.
    And without trying to flog stuff here, I can only encourage you to get that car. Personally I prefer the Silvia, but both are amazing rides. And the Capri is great too...You know what? Get the pack. :D

And the crew chief app isn't like the Project Cars one, it's the original version which mr_belowski later extended to work with pcars as well. ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Beside group 5, check the "TOCA-like" cars in touring classics and DTM 92 as well. Once they form one united group, I predict these will be very popular race events, too. If you happen to know the old TOCA titles from 15 or 20 years ago, you will feel at home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Thanks and I am grateful for your help & advice, but actually I read that and find it terribly confusing and this in part is reason why I dislike the whole way they structure their pricing. It is still priced higher than comparable sim content no matter how you cut it.

The Group 5 pack is currently discounted by 62% from its normal price of 3962 vRP or about $39 for 7 cars, down to about $15, which is still not cheap for only 6 cars in my case as I already have the BMW 320 Turbo from the Hillclimb pack. So I am not sure how that formula is applied in this case and whether that price will stay discounted or go back to the regular price by the time I want the complete pack and have the credits.

Anyway I am just saying how I feel about this and would hope that someone from Sector3 at least takes some of these customer opinions like mine onboard and considers taking another look at it all. cheers & thanks again for responding. :)

Yeah I certainly do know the Toca series Skybird, I loved Codies race titles back then but apart from their latest Dirt Rally I do not like their F1 series or other Dirt titles apart from Dirt2 which was fun aside from the terrible commentary in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not going to get into a business model discussion, it has its strong and weak points. Some people like it for the freedom it offers, others hate it.
    But the complaints about discounts are something I never really understood. It's not like Raceroom invented (seasonal) discounts, that's a very common practice in almost every industry and people are mostly ok with things like the black friday deals when they are offered in stores. Yet here the same logic applies: You don't buy during the sale, you have to live with having to spend more after the offer expires or wait for the next deal to be offered.

10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I see your point, I am not against discounts per se or complaining about missing a good deal, I just think it could be greatly simplified and a lower baseline established for the content pricing to make it more affordable in countries where the exchange rate against the euro or us $ sux and to make it more competitively priced against other sim titles. I think RRRE isolates itself by its pricing and many racers just leave it alone - I did for a very long time. I am glad I picked it up but I paid a premium price for it so just wanted to state my feelings about all that.

Cheers anyway and I will bite the bullet & grab the whole pack because I really like those cars. It will burn the credits I was keeping in hand for Nordschleife but then it seems that may still be some time away from release anyway, plus the price is unknown though perhaps it will be higher than other tracks, or not, does anyone know ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nope, no info about pricing as of yet.
    I'm not denying that RR comes at a relatively high price, especially when there's no discounts involved. But when people say most games are much cheaper...well, Project Cars plus all DLCs costs 99 €s atm and Assetto Corsa with all DLCs goes for 55 €s but can't really be compared in terms of the amount of high quality, licensed content the former two offer.
    GSC/AMS is more affordable, but again official, licensed content/series is also not really comparable and visually its lacking significantly.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    This has been discussed already in another thread (can't remember which, sorry).

I would very much expect the full GP circuit to be added for free given that the standalone purchase price of the Brands Hatch Indy circuit is already slightly more expensive than other tracks with full, multiple layouts. Offering the GP circuit at additional cost would be unfair and inconsistent.

This leads me to believe we will never get the GP layout because Sector3 will most likely not want to commit resources to building content that they will see no further return on.

Brands Hatch Indy is overpriced for a club circuit and asking to pay another 300-400vRP for the complete version isn't going to sit well with many people.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And that's because everybody, including new customers, already owns Brands Hatch? Or why they keep updating "old" cars?

Until now they almost exclusively created tracks that are part of the series present in RR and as none of the series they have atm races on Brands GP there was no real use in creating it, and no license was aquired.

14. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I understand the contractual obligations. Clearly adding more WTCC tracks is the priority (even though many of them are rubbish). No R3E series uses Brands Hatch. I get that.

It's still a shame that often requested, iconic tracks are not on the agenda at all. Sure we have plenty of great tracks already but it's a little disheartening to know that future track additions are driven by the demands of the WTCC, DTM and ADAC GT Masters. Great series, but they don't necessarily run on great tracks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    +1

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I don't care for Nords at all but I appreciate that's an unpopular personal opinion.

18. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ah didn't realise this per se, but kinda explains Nordsleife. How can you race on track your cant remember!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The Nordschleife is on the WTCC calendar since last year, hence why it's being developed for R3E. I'm not suggesting it would not have found its way into the game without the WTCC link but its inclusion is more contractual than fan service.

Despite not being a Nords fan I am very happy to see it coming to R3E. It's a huge asset for any racing game, a track that can attract new players.

20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There are a lot of tracks in R3E that are not used in one of the licensed Racing-Series, but yeah - looks like the priority for missing tracks in a licensed series is a bit higher than other tracks at the moment - but makes sense... After those tracks are finished let see what happens...

• Agree Agree x 1