Custom Championship tool (SP & MP races) (creates HTML reports)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by pixeljetstream, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Nicklas Petersson

Nicklas Petersson New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Great job, really nice! :)
    Thanks!

2. Nicklas Petersson

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to convert xml resultfile to json? I tried some online-converter but it doesnt work.
    Why i need this? I f**ked it up and saved in wrong ext. :mad::(

3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Everything is possible ;) currently on business trip, when back will look into XML import.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    added xml support

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nicklas Petersson

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Superthankyou!!

6. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the work into this program. I'm experimenting with it today and i got from the start a question:

Is it possible to build into the interface a file select button to a different location of the raceresult.txt. I have the results on: S:\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 3\UserData\Log\Results so i need another connection from the interface.

I edit the r3e-open-championship.lua with the following change for it:

local resultfile = wx.wxStandardPaths.Get():GetDocumentsDir()..[[\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience Install 3\UserData\Log\Results\raceresults.txt]]

NOTE: This works because i have virtual directory connection to "mygames/simbin"

But i don't find if this is the only place where the path should be changed, easier to let the user choose or optional in the config.lue

Thanks for looking into this.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  7. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    added inputfile at bottom of config.lua

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, it's easier this way then to edit in the code also for future versions. Bye2Way it worked. So thanks again. :)

9. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    How do you upload the html link off the results to github or other sites?...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  10. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    the tool generates a html file, that file + the css file must be uploaded by yourself manually. How you do that depends on where your webspace is or what service for html hosting you use.

11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    So i have 1 pc running dedicated and 2nd pc i play on do i run this on dedicted or pc i am playing on ? Do i have to alter things or does it run out of the box so too speak, basically i want to show results from my dedicated but am lost on how/what to do for sure thanks for any help you can give this dummy lol

12. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    it doesn't run "out of the box" for the server. you will need to run the tool on the result files, that the server generates, yourself. since I don't have a dedicated server, can't tell you where the result files are for that, but others here have done it and should be able to help.
    if you run the ui version on the client PC it will find the result files from the last race you participated automatically. However it cannot magically know what "leagues" you race in, therefore to create a championship it is best to use the command-line options and organize things manually.
    one could write a tool that lists all races that were logged this way in the UI and then you can select them to generate a championship report, but I don't have plans for that atm. Everything is scriptable and open-source to allow for that sort of work done by others ;)

13. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is it al possible to put the nordschleife into the textfile?

14. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Is that a question like "could someone bring out the trash" ;)
    Am on biz trip, will be a while to get home, but if you have a text editor it should be straight forward to make the edits.

15. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    When you run on the track, it will list the exact length in RACERESULTS.TXT
    For example:

[Race]
    RaceMode=2
    Scene=VLN
    AIDB=VLN.AIW
    Track Length=24321.3105

What the threadstarter would prefer, is that you state the exact variation of what track, next to the track length, with all numbers after the comma. Sort of like done above, but YOU should assure what exact track it was. I know it was a Nordschleife variation, but which exact one you should know, and report.

16. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just GREAT !

17. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Question : what is the content format called in which file "raceresults.txt" is written ?

18. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I found that the icons in the table are not displayed... Did I mess something up? Or is it my browser? I am using Microsoft Edge in Windows 10, but the old Internet Explorer did not show the icons either.

19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I saw the same problem but you can search in the LUA file from r3e-open-championship the circuit and copy the number between " " and past this in the textfile from raceresults.txt as new Track Length

20. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Oh... okay... it seems as if the track names are shown as numbers for me... and, I have another problem. When updating after a race, the results file does not add the new race results to the older one. It creates a new and separate results file instead.