Automobilista

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thug-Life, Feb 28, 2016.

1. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Multiplayer doesnt work atm?

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I found some time to try it yesterday (as it was free on steam for me)......and I have to say was very impressed!

Loved it, FFB/Physics feels really good, graphics much much better, sound not bad at all.....all in all I would have defo bought it if it was not free...

I'm quite happy that we have another great sim :) And I've also updated my web dash for it and works nicely ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Nice !
    I did tried it this WE and it didn't worked great. Didn't had time until them to ask you if you schedule an update for it.

4. Thug-Life

Thug-Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  5. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I've tried this series yesterday and have to say its really good and fun! What I did not like was the engine sound. Will there be a way to update the sounds? I remember in rF1 I used to get sounds mods and install them over the folder.

6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    They actually sound like this in real life, I saw a couple of comparison videos. There is an SCE mod on RD that replaces the engine sounds with something that sounds less like a blowfly in a beer bottle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info mate! Never imagined that make that annoying "blowfly in a beer bottle sound" in real life :p

8. Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    First mod properly converted with AMS features by Hummer444, avaible now on Xtremefactor. ;)

A car very playful. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The Abarth looks fun!

Regarding the Copa Petrobras de Marcas - yes, the sound is a bit of acquired taste but as @tpw said, that is how they actually sound and yes, this was modded for SCE and hopefully will be updated for AMS. It's not a substantial change in engine noise but it does at least give it a more throaty sound.

My only issue with the Marcas cars in AMS is we now have a hybrid mix of cars from different years. The Renault and Honda are from last year and the rest are older. The Mitsubishi Lancer isn't part of the series any more. I asked about this on the Reiza forum and they said they have no plans to update the older cars which is a shame. It would be great if they could properly licence this series with all the real liveries and drivers because right now it feels like an unfinished effort. Still great to have though.

10. Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    News Spa and Monza for AMS...

• Like Like x 1
  11. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    AMS is a big step from GSCE and really feels like a true evolution from rFactor 1. Not that GSCE was a lot better already in pretty much every aspect, but there is simply so much more in AMS, mainly dynamic road and improved tire physics. I'm going to be one happy camper when Patrick from RD converts CART mod and some tracks for AMS.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Formula V12 @ Montreal Historic. Amazing sound...

13. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    put it this way rre beats AMS in visual quality and slightly in audio quality oh and race series licences, but sorry everything else it loses hands down. I dream one day rre has the physics and ffb that ams has,! Sorry but hasn't rre just found out how to save setups sorry.. copuldnt disagree more. rre is good but its not as impressive as what reiza have done with an old engine (the same engine?)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Elva

Elva Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. Physics and FFB from AMS combined with the audiovisuals from Raceroom would be a match made in heaven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That makes almost no sense, especially as all that discussion was about was visuals...
    Where's Andi when he's needed? Or the "you drunk bro?"-button :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    It's just attention seeking again, happens every few months.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    A little harsh there but in general I have to agree. AMS feels a level above R3E in terms of physics. Not that R3E is bad in any way but it does feel more forgiving.

FFB - AMS wins in every aspect. It may 'only' use a plugin for an ageing engine but feed it great physics and it delivers. It's informative, detailed and very simple to set up. Everything that R3E's force feedback isn't.

I'm not bagging on R3E as it's a great game but I feel AMS is a more puristic sim, much like rFactor 2, whereas R3E is more approachable and goes big on immersion - and it does that very well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    You only care about visuals? Then you prefer PCars no? :D

What really we should care as simracers is the FFB feeling, the best physics avaibles and all simulation features possibles like: night racing, dynamic track conditions, a proper damage system, support for 24h races, safety car, tire pickup & flatspotting, rain... I think.

It is clear that everyone prefer AMS had next gen graphics like PCars, but unfortunately, this sim still does not exist. So if I have to choose betwen "more simulation with no next gen graphics" (AMS or rF2) vs "next gen graphics and less simulation" (AC or PCars). My choice is clear. But choosing another option is equally respectable. What's your choice?

I have alls sims on the market, but if I say AMS is for me the most complete sim today, it dosen't mean I not play others sims. I love rFactor 2 too, love R3E too, love DiRT Rally, or love RBR (even with his 10 years old graphics) and play all.

;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's why I'm a beta tester at S3S. I'm the mole, but shh, don't tell anyone. :p

Don't know from which statement you deducted that "only care about graphics" part exactly, but that was the topic I was talking about previously. Then Dan decided to say that I'm right and that he doesn't agree with me, which still doesn't make any more sense than it did before.

As you rightly put it, everyone has their own set of preferences, and on my list visuals are quite high. Not at the top but up there, because I think the "video" part in "video game" or "visual simulation" is one of the more important aspects, alongside physics. audio, content and game modes.
    And about the physics: Let's just wait and see what that
    that was announced today will bring... ^^

20. Thug-Life

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    You prefer visuals against sim features, nothing happens, is entirely respectable.

That's a big announcement. I wish all the best to R3E, otherwise would not have purchased more than 95% of the content. Whatever is improving in terms of pure simulation for my part is always welcome.

;)

• Like Like x 1