MP Spectator Web Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mape, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I see - neiter have our installation done before. But in the last race this started to happen..

2. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I've experienced the track map issues too. Around 50% of the time. Not sure of a resolution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    We need controls to pause, rewind and Live buttons in Spectador Mode, please!

4. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i've had the red screen, track map problem as well. i thought maybe it only happened on certain tracks. i think it happens less when you leave the browser with overlays and drivers, and open a separate browser window with localhost:9090/#trackmap. i'm not talking about the track map overlay. just the track map running in the browser.

i've had a differnt problem with the track map. you will notice the dots on the track map(representing drivers) don't move smoothly. it's like they move in 0.5 second increments, kinda jerking forward. this is nothing new, and it really doesn't bother me. it still provides vital info on driver positions....who goes off track and who's entering the pits, for example. my problem is when the track map is running in the browser, the ingame spectator seems to get jerky. it seems to match the surging track map. and when i close the track map browser, the ingame spectator stops being jerky and smooths out right away. this could be a problem that only i have. i was wondering if anybody else has experienced this. it's too bad because now our commentators can't use the track map. and that leads me to my next question.

@mape would it be possible to have a camera dedicated on the pits? or the start/finish line, or other important spots on the track? it would be nice in our league race broadcasts to have this option. it's hard to tell when drivers are pitting when the director camera is not on them. even when using the track map, it's easy to miss somebody entering the pits.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  5. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    - Camera dedicated to PIT, was a great suggestion! I really support that :)
    - PIT Info (whom is in pit) is another one that i would like to have on the Overaly

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Yes, a pit info overlay would be great too. It would also be nice to know if a car in the pits changed 2 or 4 tires or none, and if they filled up on fuel. Maybe not exactly how much fuel, just if they got any. Basically, any info you would get by watching a car pit IRL.

7. Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Very promising tool for sure.
    Question is, i have a "Broadcast server" can the tool be used from one PC and control the broadcast on the "server"?

8. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    What?

Install this Tool on your PC and you can Broadcast any Server what you want.

9. Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well i mean in my league i have my own pc obviously and have several people doing broadcasts for series, and in 2 of them we simply use an extra PC which is located at my house (due to configuration and my 1000/1000mbit) so what im asking is would the tool be configurable to connect to my Broadcast PC to stream from there?

10. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    you control the cameras and select which overlays from a browser(eg chrome, firefox). so you can control the spectator pc from any pc(or device with a browser) as long as you're on the same network. these are the only configurable settings when using the browser, tho. you will still have to start up raceroom, connect to a server in-game, and configure your broadcast software(eg.OBS, xsplit) from the spectator pc. you could remotely connect to the spectator pc using teamviewer or something similar to do those things if you really needed to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. sorianoralph

sorianoralph New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I opened the link but I don't know how to do it.

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Is there anyway to preview presets without launching R3E?

14. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    @Sector 3 Are you please planning to update r3e-data.json anytime soon as its 5 months old and I need to update mine with the latest tracks/cars/classes etc?

Thanks! :)

15. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    yes i miss in the Broadcast tool new maufacture logos, but a ticket is open @Stefan Mizzi.

• Like Like x 2
  16. miliocolombres

miliocolombres Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Primera carrera online multiplayer retrasmitida en directo de ASTURCIRCUIT 2016 apuntaros va a ver muchas mas

• Like Like x 1
  17. mirrey

mirrey New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the great work you've done

18. Gabor ™

Gabor ™ Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dear Developer!
    Update not possible in the future?! Very important i think.

Overlay system:
    Second Race , last lap. I use the track map button, and get this error message. Very frustrating situation.

Overlay update possible?
    Few suggestion: Actual lap time, Sector times, (very important) for us.
    Fuel usage, Tyre usage icon or hud later?

Very need a small update..
    Please support the racing commentators!

Best Regards, Gabor
    Real Cars Real Racing Hungary commentator.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  19. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    which track?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gabor ™

Gabor ™ Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Second race, Nürburgring, last lap. I think after push the track map button. (random issue)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.