Released FFB Updates

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    There's another thread on this, but also check that the G27 has ID:1, that made all the difference in my setup.

2. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    For soft wheel lock to work on the older Logitech wheels, you need to make sure you check "Allow game to adjust settings" or something with a name similar to that. That way R3E will force the wheel lock to match the cars. If that's unchecked, then whatever you have set in your profiler (900 by default) will be used for every car in R3E.

Keep in mind though that for the visual for the wheel doesn't automatically adjust. I have no idea why they don't, but you'll always have to keep updating your visual wheel to match the physical wheel.

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The virtual wheel is a good reference if you set it up properly, and then it absolutely can match exactly 1:1 with your real wheel.

At the moment, it is a bit tricky and you need to make adjustments each time you drive a car with a different DoR, but as J-F mentions, this will change soon.

Right now, you need to set your wheel to it's max DoR in the software for your wheel, ie. Logitech Profiler, etc. Then while in game, go to the car setup menu directly before you go out on track. There will be steering options in there such as DoR and steering lock. This is what your physical wheel will do. If you set it to 450 here, your real wheel will softlock at 450 degrees. Set it to 600, it will softlock at 600.

Next, go to the options menu. Go to vehicle options. Now, there is another wheel rotation value here. This is the in-game virtual wheels rotation value. Set it to match the number in the car setup menu. Now your wheel will match 1:1 with the wheel in game. Sometimes you may need to alter the virtual wheel a few degrees to make it match perfectly, as it is off by a small amount occasionally... but yeah. :)

Why would they get rid of these values? This is how strong you want the lateral and vertical effects to be in the FFB your wheel receives... This is definitely still relevant and a further way to tweak the FFB to your own liking. These values do have quite a big impact of FFB strength, clipping, and overall feel of the wheel. Of course, you can see this first hand when the new FFB updates roll out and you can use the FFB meter to see the various effects in action, whether they clip or not.

Of course if you dont want them, just turn them to 0%. No reason to remove them from the game when they still have an affect on how things feel and work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if that's the case any chance of setting up a better default then, so we're not endlesslymessing with ffb that's not making much odds

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing because him, myself and a few others already established that they are somehow related to the overpowering centering force that occurs only in R3E for whatever reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What's your wheel? If you have a G27, I can throw some settings your way which work out quite well for me. A TM T300 would probably also be similar, but most of this stuff is highly subjective and everyone has a preference.

I believe the default profiles are just made to be rather neutral without much or any FFB clipping. A good base that you can then tweak to your own liking much like the default car setups.

As a general base though, try a Vert of ~80 and a Lat of ~55 on cars with the newest physics, or a Vert of ~130 and Lat of ~65 on cars with older physics. :)

That must be highly dependent on the wheel then since I get absolutely zero centering force on my wheel. Or at least dependent upon what your settings are.

Do you have any spring or damper enabled in your wheels software? I turn all of that stuff off.

In-game, what are your FFB settings? Im sure there are some recommendations that you could try to remedy that feeling. Sounds a bit odd though.

7. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic Update guys huge congratulations & thanks :D

But please RaceRoom Sim Gurus, is the Accuforce Direct Drive Wheel now officially recognised in game !?
    ... or perhaps some plan to implement soon ?:confused:

It is a great wheel and would be so good to have the game set the wheel rotation range automatically.:)
    Also to be able to use the physics driven Foundation Feedback from Simcommander4 which drives the wheel.

If you need device ID or any other information to implement please holler !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    The issue has been beat to death by now, you should know about it as a beta tester.
    http://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/aggressive-wheel-centering.144/
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...to-see-a-fix-for-the-centre-ffb-issue.108199/

No spring/damper settings affect this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, apologies for trying to offer some assistance to help you sort it out. Seems you know better than myself that this game has a centering force that is so strong that everyone feels it and cant get rid of it... Even though I dont have this feeling on my own wheel when I drive. :rolleyes:

Seems to only affect a handful of wheels though as your links would suggest. Havent heard anything about this in the group of beta-testers though, so either they have got it sorted out with their wheels, or they dont have this issue you are referring to.

Of course, if you would like some help or some ideas about better settings, just ask :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    On my direct drive Accuforce wheel this problem spoke of does not exist. However getting the feel of the road thru the tires is challenging as it does not seem to come through correctly. Increasing the intensity or Steering forces only seems to make the wheel feel tighter & heavier without accentuating the road feel or vibrations of road surface bumps.

I remember Codemaster Dirt Rally had similar problem when it first came out. But the good thing with that was you could turn off in game FFB effects and have simcommander4 create the FFB entirely from the sim/game physics using the Foundation Feedback option in built. RRRE does not work in that mode - perhaps it does not allow access to the physics directly, I really have no idea but if only that could be enabled it would be sensational.

I am still hopeful that these problems might be in part due to this wheel not being recognised yet. I am sure you guys will continue to evolve the FFB and it will get better & better, just hope you can incorporate the Accuforce and other DD wheels into the sim sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, this all sounds like a really great update!

Just one question though. Currently on my T300, if I set steering range in drivers to 900, I run R3E and go on track, the game sets my steering range (also in drivers) according to used car (for instance to 400 deg). After I leave the game, it doesn't reset it back to 900, so when I start another game (iRacing, pCARS...) the steering in them is totally screwed and I have go to Thrustmaster control panel and reset it manually each time I run another game.

Would it be possible to reset it back? Or another idea is to implement "soft-lock" that wouldn't be changing range in drivers, but the limits of the wheel range would be signalized with the maximal force. I think soft-lock works like this in other games.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The same here with my CSW v2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If either of you would like to start a thread in the Community Support section, this would be good to keep track of your issue and keep this thread clean. ;)

I've made a report for the devs... so perhaps they will look into this further. Not really sure of what other info would be useful to them, but if you guys could also try to reproduce this issue, and upon leaving the game upload your log files, that may be of help.

Cheers

14. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You only need to not power off (or unplug) the wheelbefore exiting the game ;)
    If you power off the wheel after, you let the game set the defaut value back, otherwise the game can't reset the defaut value as the wheel is not plugged anymore.

15. Naratik

Naratik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think that happens with every T300 since the newest driver update. So nothing really to try to reproduce just set your range in the driver to 900 and then drive a GT3 car with 540 range in the game and then the range in the driver is also set to 540 and doesnt reset back. This works everytime and with every T300 with the newest driver and it only happens in R3E.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of an official Xbox One Controller profile soon for those of us who aren't able to use a wheel? Thanks

17. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Automobilista has the same issue.

Anyway, I'm gonna post it in the support section.

18. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    @nate ~ Mate do you know if there is an Accuforce Wheel profile in the next patch ... or if it is being developed yet ?
    Thanks as any or all info appreciated cheers mark Blanes :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    It all going well. Team GTR3 believe in you, you are the best.

20. Mark.Silcock

Mark.Silcock New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The second steering option seems like a redundant one, shouldn't the wheel rotation match the DoR automatically?

Basically this is the kind of mucking about I don't want to do any more, works great in pcars and I think that should now be the standard. Only thing you should be able to change is the steering ratio, the wheels will have a max lock to lock set by the suspension geometry, the ratio changes the steering wheel lock to lock, the animation matches the steering wheel lock. One setting not three. IMO :)

• Agree Agree x 1