Problem Wheel Steering Range not Reset Back after Leaving the Game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tom Shane, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

on my T300, I have steering range set to 900 deg in drivers (TM Control Panel). When I run the game, the range is adjusted according to the used car (for instance 400 deg). After I leave the game the range is not reset back and stays on 400. This causes problems with other games, since the steering is messed up in them. To solve the problem I have to go to TM Control Panel each time a leave the game and reset it manually to 900 deg.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64. T300 is updated to the latest drivers.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info here @Tom Shane. ;)

One quick question for a theory... did you recently update your T300 drivers? Is this a recent issue you just started having?

3. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the issue quite for a while, it's not new. The drivers are the newest, but they are available also for a longer time already. Unfortunately, I can't say if the issue was present before the update or not, sorry.

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    As I said in another topic: Do you power off the wheel before exiting the game ?

I did test with my CSW V2: As long as I don't power off the wheel before exiting the game there's no issue, the default value is set back by the game.
    But if I power off the wheel before exiting the game, it can set back the default wheel settings.. because the wheel is not plugged anymore.

5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be an issue with ISImotor based games and Thrustmaster wheels: I get the same behaviour from R3E, rF2 and SCE/AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I never disconnect/power off the wheel before leaving the game.

And yes, @tpw, I too have the same problem in all ISI engine based games. I originally thought it is a "feature" of the engine, thus I posted in the new FFB thread with the suggestion for an improvement.

7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Same as @Tom Shane. I'm not powering off my CSW v2 before exiting any sim.

For R3E, rF2, iRacing, AC, AMS or PCARS i'm using "Sensitivity = auto" on the wheel (LCD menu) and 900° in Fanatec driver.
    Mostly i'm driving GT cars in R3E and usually these cars have 540° wheel rotation.
    After exiting R3E the Fanatec driver is showing 540° instead of the former 900°. This is messing up the wheel rotation in other sims, because they "think" the max rotation is now 540° and not 900°. So you always have to check the driver settings, before racing another sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Strange.
    I only have this issue if I shutdown the wheel before exiting the game. Otherwise It go back to it's default value (900)

9. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm.... just tried to reproduce it, but ........... i have to admit that all works as it should. Strange.
    I only know that sometimes my steering wheel angle isn't at max 900° anymore. Maybe R3E was wrongly accused by me. Or it only happens with a specific car combination.
    But because i drive a wide range of sims, the issue could also be caused by another one. I'll keep an eye on it.

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I have not updated the recent t300 firmware and have not got this problem. It's been a few post I see about this and it all points to the new trustmaster driver, what is odd is that it's happening in Raceroom and not other games? I'm curious how a game/software could possibly change the global drivers settings.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I have tried it again tonight. Steering range was set to 900 in the control panel. I started the game, went to competitions, fired WTCC challenge up with Citroen, made a lap and quit the game. In TM control panel the wheel range was set to 540 deg.

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, just keep an eye on it and if you get this issue happening again, just make a mention in this thread. Perhaps it isnt as common as the Thrustmaster wheels though, and as you said, maybe only after using certain cars? I really dont know.

Yeah, talking with a few beta-testers with TM last night, they seemed to come to the same conclusions.

It seems, for whatever reason, that the newest TM drivers are bugged... only in R3E. A handful of guys are using the version previous to the most current one without any issues though. Im not sure if reverting back to an older driver is an option for any of you, but it seems to be a workaround for now.

I believe the devs are now looking into this as well to see if anything can be done on their end... and if not, they'll probably be in contact with TM soon, to get this resolved from their end with a driver fix.

Same thing was going with wonky Logitech support recently, and the devs got in contact with Logi about some issues that I believe were resolved in a recent update for the logitech drivers just a few days ago.

Hopefully a fix is possible soon, but as these things go... who really knows how easy or time consuming a fix is, if one is even possible without a direct driver fix from TM.

Cheers guys, thanks for all the info.

13. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Well, we have already reported, the issue is not R3E exclusive. For me the problem is present also in Automobilista or game Stock Cars Extreme. @tpw reported also rF2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to report that after the last patch, after leaving the game, the wheel rotation in the control panel is back to its original value.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the devs were able to figure out how to get this to work properly. Apparently it is an issue with TM drivers, but they were able to figure out a fix for R3E. Pretty quick work too considering when this was reported and how much other work they were completing for this patch. :p

Might try to press the devs of other games to see if they can hack up a fix too since we know it's possible now ;)

• Agree Agree x 1