Locking Camera to Horizon

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by heppsan, Jul 14, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I just thought that this deserves to be in this section of the forum, so that more might find it!
    An easy workaround for people who have a problem with the shaking screen.
    But also as for me, that just thinks it gives a more natural and realistic feel to the cockpit movement. :)

@James Cook , post: 21314, member: 253
    "I stumbled across something that should be good news for people waiting on a lock-to-horizon setting.

There was a very helpful post over on RD a few days ago regarding a text file tweak that gives you lock-to-horizon in cockpit view and I would urge everybody to follow his advice. Sadly it's on a per car basis so a lot of editing to get this working for all cars, but it's worthwhile. Here's the post:

Enable Cockpit movement!!

I've just tried it and it works a treat. So many thanks to the poster called VeloW. Not sure if he's a member here."

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Could Sector 3 please include a feature that enables this setting in-game ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried this already? https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/formula-raceroom-2.3651/page-13#post-45613

I find this to work very good now, I have it set to 50 and it looks like I'd expect. (Although I'm not 100 % sure if it works the same way in our build, maybe they changed smth cause I remember having issues with the in-game setting but now it works very well for me without having to edit camera files)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.
    I used the trick in OP today for one car. I like the camera locked to the horizon better and I found a way to map the camera shake control to my button box.
    Tomorrow I will try this control with another car that has not got the camera locked to the horizon and see how that works.
    I'll report on this.

Now if we could have both controls, we could mix until we find the best (personal) setting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I agree that having a menu option would be even better.
    I still liked the results when fiddling with the camera files a little better, but (at least in our internal build) the cockpit movement setting that's in the game now seems to work pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Is this implemented for the big patch please Christian ? Without need to edit text files per car ?
    Really hope so because the current camera movement adjustment still does not solve this properly.

7. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    We'll look into it. Not this patch but maybe the one after.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks !