ADAC 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Shane, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I don't expect concrete date, just general approximation, when we can expect ADAC 2015 to be released. I mean, it is an annual thing, so I wonder if I should wait for it or buy ADAC 2014. If it should be released in a month or two, I would rather wait.

Any idea?

Thanks.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Soon

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I think they are only waiting for Bentley to give their "green light" for the Continental GT3. Can't be long from now

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    So you don't have ADAC 2014 for now? Do you have other GTR3-Cars?
    As there seems to be an Easter-Sale this weekend, it might be interessting to buy ADAC14 now if you don't have the cars in GTR3-Class already (If it will be discounted within that Sale). With the Release of ADAC15 you'll get a Discount for already owned Content.

Otherwise the waiting for ADAC15 wouldn't be to long if everything went fine. As J-F told yesterday in the Interview, the Bentley is being checked by Bentley at the moment. With a next Update maybe in the end of April or May it could possibly be released?!

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can already get it for 10 €s here: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/adac-gt-masters-experience-2014-dlc-downloadable-content.html
    Don't think you will get it any cheaper even during the Easter sale.

6. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    No I don't have any GT(R)3 content yet.

I'm just not convinced about the discount ADAC14->15, because I own DTM13 and 14 and if I want to buy 15, it seems that the discount is only for the tracks. I'm still paying for all the (same) cars, which is technically the same situation like for ADAC, i can imagine.

7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I would wait for '15 imo. The discounts are not that great, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Was about to say the exact same thing. There's little value in buying ADAC 14 right now both in terms of how quickly you will drop it and how small the linked discount will be when you pick up 15.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the OT, but this is just another example of the R3E crazy business model. The link lets you have ADAC14 for 10€, without owning any partial content and yet on http://game.raceroom.com/store/ they offer it to me for 12€ eventhough I own all the tracks. :S

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Agree.

If he were to skip the 2015 version, buying the '14 for the price is reasonable value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Technically they're not the same cars.
    In GT3 it's different.

12. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    You just have to be aware of the model and how best to use it...it can work out very well...unless you like to have a lot of car and livery content...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Don't know what's so crazy about it.
    Most products are sold in various places nowadays and most of the time the prices differ (slightly).
    It's a special offer, nothing else.

14. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    First of all, I don't think 10 or 12 € is too much or the content is absolutely not worth it. I just want to understand why I have to check several places (owned by the same subject) to get the lowest price. Why the prices can't be uniform everywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No offense but I don't get why that's so unusual. From my pov it is just a common thing nowadays that it's the emancipated customers responsibility to search for the best offer himself, really anytime you want to buy anything. That's one of the things that go along with liberal market economies.
    And special deals are one aspect of this system.

We have several chains of appliance stores in Germany (called Media Markt, Saturn, redcoon) which are all brands of one company. Yet if I check the prices of a given product which they all sell they differ in each of their different brands stores. The same applies to many other manufacturers or vendors, it just might not be as obvious as it is here at Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    No offense taken. :) I don't want to make it a big deal, just in this case I don't understand what is beneficial about it, because I take http://game.raceroom.com/store/ as a first and central place where to buy the content. I would expect the prices to be the lowest possible here, so I buy the content here most often. If I then visit https://www.raceroomstore.com and see I have paid "much more for less content", it can be a little let down.

I do agree it's my responsibility to go and search the best offer, but if I would know I don't have to, since I always get the best price at the source, that would be very pleasant experience for me.

Look, in short, I just miss more transparency, that's all.

And again, sorry for the off-topic.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No problem, and I understand your point. I'd also like it if there was only one place or that prices are consistent across all their platforms.
    But such decisions only start to make sense (maybe) once you know all the ins and outs about a companies sales and marketing structure, which we don't really.
    So I assume they have their reasons for setting their distribution chains up this way.
    I'm just saying that it isn't someting unusual from my pov. I also happen to not approve of it, but that's a whole different story and doesn't really matter, or make a difference. :D

18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    At 50% on individual cars why not pick a single car you like in adac 14 and play with that off and online. Same with gt3 ( Nissan GT-R is where it's at ;) )

Anyway now's the time to get some cars and track. Not whole pack

19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    steam taxes game.raceroom , raceroomstore is simply cheaper cause there is no steam tax,

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    o_O Since when have prices for anything been uniform?

If you want a deal you hunt it out if you don't care you get it from top of the list in Google/Bing just like everything thing else in this consumer driven planet of ours!
    It's called competition just like on mp servers, well until first corner!