Clutch issue /Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by townnet, Feb 1, 2015.

1. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_manual_transmission

"A true sequential transmission will very often use dog clutch engagement rather than the more usual synchromesh as fitted to a normal H-pattern road car gearbox. Engagement using dogs only requires a very brief interruption of engine torque to complete a shift into any adjacent gear. This allows shifting between gears without the use of the clutch. The clutch would normally be used only for standing starts."

Auto clutch setting = Off
    Mechanical damage = On
    As i know, paddle/sequential type shifter only have to disengaged clutch when standing starts
    (1st gear/reverse gear), other gear (2nd~6th) you no need to disengaged clutch while shifting, i did in right way but i end up with gear box damage after few laps. Is this a bug or game design problem?

Auto clutch setting = On or Off
    Mechanical damage = On
    I drive very high speed (6th gear) and i down shift rapidly from 6th to reverse gear (i repeat do it many time), is weird there are no instantly damage. Other sim like AC, RF2 will instantly damage if you do it once or twice.

2. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    about interresting, I actually also note that,
    I hope it's a bug and that it'll be corrected,
    please Sector3, is it possible to set up auto or manual clutch and gear box detectable automatically ??

3. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I had open this thread in community support area before, i want to play this game as real as possible, but one of the dev suggest me turn off mechanical damage instead of solve the problem, funny.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    So if I go ask them to fix tires heat, or the fact that we are missing fuel feature, or the physics of a not-yet-updated car they'll do immediately?
    A Beta is a Beta: takes time and patience... so if a dev tells me to turn off mech damage for the moment, hmm... no... I don't see anything funny in that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh please, i never ask them fix immediately. From what i get the reply seems like they didn't even know what people complain about, At least they should reply that:" we will take a look the problem and fix soon, you can turn off mechanical damage for the moment"
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/thread-close-and-move-to-general-discussion.111/

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I agree the clutch is currently annoying in RRE. With damage on is nearly impossible to drive.
    It would be great to have a auto select option for using the H-Shifter or not.
    Would also be great to set the range of the clutch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the damage model currently used is filler don't use it!
    i do hope they fix this eventually but just don't crash and their is no need for a damage model.

8. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    That is not what i suggested...and also not what you asked.

You asked why there was no damage to the gearbox with auto clutch on, and that there was no damage when you downshifted very fast. Which to me would indicate you have mech damage turned off.

My reply

If mechanical damage is off,and you then down shift very quickly from a very high speed you will receive no gearbox damage. If mechanical damage is turned on in the game and you do that you will receive gearbox damage.

In this thread you ask and explain something different and you would have received a different response :)

We are aware our clutch logics are not fully up to par yet, which in due time will be looked at and improved.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Also i've seen in many videos, where ppl with paddle shifter dropped down from 6th to 2nd in half second, without any damages to gearbox, and also it seemed they got lots of extra breaking pwr from the engine without any negative effect...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jay Ekkel

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we are aware. that "trick/exploit" only work if mechanical damage is turned off. It is something that hugely annoys me and others in the team and hopefully will be fixed in the near future as it is completely unrealistic.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Its good know that sector3 is aware about the clutch "issue".
    It's not easy to say is it you me who had this problem or is it a common problem.

For me are the DTM 1992 cars the most important cars.
    To be honest I like all old cars :)

In terms of fun is GT Legends my all time hero :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    have you thought about putting a restriction on downshifting if the engine is going to rev over the limit at least in arcade and also maybe in get real if damage is off

13. Jay Ekkel

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    yes, we have ;) Plenty of current race cars come with a "rev limit protection gear shift timing control system" not sure what the actual name is for those systems....

• Like Like x 1
  14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    r
    Richard Burns rally calls it 'gear protection'

15. maanzaadje

maanzaadje Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    "rev limit protection gear shift timing control system"

Is okay for me

16. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    yeah... RLPGSTCS ... easy to memorise.. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    HI Jay,
    ok, good news, thank's,
    good luck for R3E future :)